Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palace v Tottenham - 15:00 Saturday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Christ........ that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

As one of the other posters said I stand by my viewpoint when I made that remark. We were abysmal and had it not been for pot luck we'd have been behind by then. Sign of a good side is when you play Shiote and still win. We won. We were still Shiote all bar the last 10 minutes. Delighted with the win and I get being optimistic and supportive but there's no point being delusional

We werent that poor. We dominated another game where the opposition sat back. Bar little spells here and there where they had some chances we played quite well I thought.

I thought Son and Kane looked good together and Dembele again was the impetus going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Another great result from this great young Tottenham team ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Spurs have now gone unbeaten in ten away matches in the Premier League for the first time since December 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I think some of the posts in this thread sum up how clueless, impatient and negative a lot of the posters on this forum are. Kneejerk reactions and incessant moaning abound. Everyone just needs to relax and not make stupid comments before the game is even over.

I have to agree. I rarely, if ever, read this forum or post during a game. A match is 90 mins. We won't be the best team on the pitch for the whole match.

I thought we controlled today's game and never looked like losing. As soon as they got their goal our heads didn't drop and we had them on the back foot again.

We got the result we deserved.

COYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I have to agree. I rarely, if ever, read this forum or post during a game. A match is 90 mins. We won't be the best team on the pitch for the whole match.

I thought we controlled today's game and never looked like losing. As soon as they got their goal our heads didn't drop and we had them on the back foot again.

We got the result we deserved.

COYS.

I have to agree too. I know supporting a team can be frustrating at times, but the knee jerk negativity here when we concede a goal is embarrassing at times. And when we lose a game at least 3 of our players are immediately written off as useless and not even worthy of being professionals.

We're not Barca and we're rarely gonna sail through games like they do. It wasn't always pretty today, but we dominated Palace and got our just desserts. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Let's put this into perspective lads....

If 2-3 years ago we were told we would be going into the last few months of the league sitting in fourth with one of the best if not the best defensive record in the league with a striker most managers would kill the postman for and a team behind him that is gelling better than gel......would you have believed it?

Yeah neither would I!

I have sh!t days in the office most weeks, everyone has an off day......

WE ARE IN FOURTH ABOVE MAN UTD WITH THE KIND OF TEAM WE HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF FOR FOOKING YEARS!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Let's put this into perspective lads....

If 2-3 years ago we were told we would be going into the last few months of the league sitting in fourth with one of the best if not the best defensive record in the league with a striker most managers would kill the postman for and a team behind him that is gelling better than gel......would you have believed it?

Yeah neither would I!

I have sh!t days in the office most weeks, everyone has an off day......

WE ARE IN FOURTH ABOVE MAN UTD WITH THE KIND OF TEAM WE HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF FOR FOOKING YEARS!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Patww79 wrote: »
    Did you all actually read the comments in question and the times? You'd swear we'd all started a Pochettino out campaign after the match.

I've just read through the thread. Nothing at all bad enough for people to be mentioning knee jerk or the like.

Team is playing bad and are 1-0 down people are going to be frustrated. Players who normally perform are playing bad got a little bit of stick on here. I'm sure their feelings won't be hurt.

The passion can get the better of some people in the middle of a game and this was a mild case of it.

When I read the last page or two first I expected a bunch of idiots lambasting the club, more levy out crap and general hysteria. Nope. None of that. Probably about 5% of what I was expecting.

Anyway back to the game, we had 70% possession come half time and were 1-0 down. This isn't the first time something similar has happened. Need to turn that possession into goals.

Alli's goal will have to be close to goal of the season but Chadli's was also sublime. United losing, city drawing cements our claims in the CL spots. The rotation is looking ok at the moment. I dont see overly concerning signs of fatigue yet.

Anyone know how Vertonghen is? I think to lose one of our two centre halves for a considerable time will be disastrous. Considering nobody else has been paired with either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Patww79 wrote: »
    Did you all actually read the comments in question and the times? You'd swear we'd all started a Pochettino out campaign after the match.

My point is about Spurs games in general. I don't go on this forum during matches because it seems we're the best team in the world or the worst team to ever take the field, depending on the score at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

My point is about Spurs games in general. I don't go on this forum during matches because it seems we're the best team in the world or the worst team to ever take the field, depending on the score at the time.

If you ever go onto the soccer forum you'd see alot worse during matches. Even Arsenal fans have torn into their side during games. Its not special to Spurs fans. Its something most football fans seem to do, not saying its right or anything but you can understand the frustrations of some fans looking to vent somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

As I trudged off the rugby pitch at the 5pm on the wrong side of another defeat I found some comfort in the dressing room when I picked up my phone and saw the result.

Other results went our way to but then I realised that we'd actually be top tonight if we had beaten Leicester in the last league game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Yeah fingers crossed on Vertonghen, but it looked like more than a knock. Big ask for Wimmer to step up, he hasn't had many chances to get used to English football. Most defenders need a few bad games before they settle. Let's be patient?

We seem to have a superstar on our hands in Alli, but the downside of that is rumours of him going to United/Madrid/City. These rumours will kick off big time come summer, but some tabloid will probably start them this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great result.
    Some brilliant performances.
    Take a bow DA.
    Everywhere we goooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

some facking goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any word on the Vertogen injury?

While Alderweireld has been immense this season, he's not that great with only Wimmer beside him.

Advertisement