Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCZ Modxstream 600W is Kaput - What to Replace With

Options
  • 22-01-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I've tested and my PSU, which I was rather happy with is dead as a doornail so I need to replace it with something. It was semi modular which was handy and had a whopping 135mm fan which helped keep the noise down.
    Ideally I'd like to try and find something locally in Dublin as the missus is hounding me each day to get it replaced but is there anywhere in and around Dublin city centre that sells decent PSU's at a not outrageous price?

Worst comes to worst I'll order from Amazon- any opinions on the below or recommendations for something better? Budget would be in and around €120 including shipping.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Modular-Bronze-Certified/dp/B00ALK3QRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1453453853&sr=1-1&keywords=700w+psu

Many thanks.

Edit - I should add and I'm showing how long it's been since I've kept up with this but my motherboard has an 8pin power connector rather than the older 4pin style, does the above PSU carry that? It's somewhat unclear on the Corsair website.

Comments

Advertisement