If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV around 50" mark Samsung ue48h6400

Options
  • 22-01-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for a tv for my Mum and two younger brothers who still live at home who are all chipping in together to buy one. Think I've narrowed it down to the ue48h6400. It will be used with a PS4 a good bit so input lag is important. I got a Panasonic ST60 and surround system of you in 2014 and my brother had his PS4 hooked up for a few days so he's using that as his bench mark. Really pleased with the TV and sorry I never got back to thank you for sending out the extra pair of 3d glasses. Any other suggestions in the €600-700 price range, they probably would stretch to 800 if it was worth it.

Is this the best price you can do works out at €666 delivered for me paying in sterling

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200298-ue48h6400.aspx?swapstore=1

€633 delivered from here
    http://www.microaid.ie/acatalog/Online_Catalogue__Samsung_2287.html#a3056844Tv

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Ryath wrote: »
    Hi looking for a tv for my Mum and two younger brothers who still live at home who are all chipping in together to buy one. Think I've narrowed it down to the ue48h6400. It will be used with a PS4 a good bit so input lag is important. I got a Panasonic ST60 and surround system of you in 2014 and my brother had his PS4 hooked up for a few days so he's using that as his bench mark. Really pleased with the TV and sorry I never got back to thank you for sending out the extra pair of 3d glasses. Any other suggestions in the €600-700 price range, they probably would stretch to 800 if it was worth it.

Is this the best price you can do works out at €666 delivered for me paying in sterling

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200298-ue48h6400.aspx?swapstore=1

€633 delivered from here
    http://www.microaid.ie/acatalog/Online_Catalogue__Samsung_2287.html#a3056844Tv
    Hi Ryath, many thanks for the post.

The pricing on the website unfortunately is the best we can do on this model. Just a note, the sterling price only covers delivery top Northern Ireland, if you want to pay in sterling, but ship to ROI there is an additional charge of £6.99 for delivery

The pricing at the website you have linked, as far as I can see is only for the standard one year warranty, whereas our price includes a 6 year Guarantee as standard, so although it is a bit higher, it is definitely worth the extra

We currently have these available from stock at our UK warehouse, so could be shipped out on a 3-5 day service

The other model worth looking at, purely as the refresh rate is a good bit higher, is the philips 50put - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201670-50put6400.aspx at €799/£529 - this is a great 50" 4K tv with refresh rate at 700 compared to the samsung 400

Have a look at the above and let me know if you have any other queries

regards
    Brian

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryath,

just tried to look at that link and unfortunately it does not work and when you look directly at microaid for the 48H6400 there are on detailed specs on which version they are selling or what the warranty information is.

I suspect, ( suspect!) that this Microaid are reselling Mainland European 6400's which do not have the UK / IRL specification tuner ( same as Pixmania) but of course I could be incorrect - however their TV range is not generally Uk / Irl specification nor units that are generally available in UK / IRL.

I have contacted them directly but no response to date.. but you should check out the warranty and specifically if the units are DVB-T2 enabled prior to purchase.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted if I cat any feedback,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Thanks for the replies guys couldn't get back sooner boards wouldn't let me log in then my own internet went down on Sunday:mad:. They want to go with the Samsung ue48h6400 but when my brother went to order it over the weekend delivery when you went to the checkout was £46.99 instead of the £6.99 that's listed on the product page.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ryath wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys couldn't get back sooner boards wouldn't let me log in then my own internet went down on Sunday:mad:. They want to go with the Samsung ue48h6400 but when my brother went to order it over the weekend delivery when you went to the checkout was £46.99 instead of the £6.99 that's listed on the product page.
    Hi Ryath.

Hmmm :eek:. 

Perhaps a little bug at our end..... I'll have this looked into first thing this morning.

If you want to drop me a contact number in a PM I can give you a buzz for the order.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.