Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City bin registering?

Options
  • 22-01-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I know this is years late (Sorry) but do you have to register before leaving your city bin out or can you just leave it out? I just moved to the city centre not sure how it works!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread.

If you rent you can ask the landlord but in short, yes you do. Citybin isn't free and you need to get your name on the bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Are you talking about the bin or the bags? If it's the bags just buy them in a shop and leave them out, no need to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justniamh

yes the bags, perfect thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

What street are you on?
    There's loads of shops selling the bags for €4.50. Some have deals of you buy 3. Don't leave the bag out overnight as you are just inviting seagulls and rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 justniamh

i'm on bowling green. thanks for the advice. how does recycling work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

justniamh wrote: »
    i'm on bowling green. thanks for the advice. how does recycling work?

Same way, you get recycling bags.

You either register and buy in bulk for a lower unit price, or just buy bags from shops as you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Certain estates in Galway have bins included in the management fees the landlord would pay. This includes houses and apartments in my estate. Best ask your landlord what the situation is.

Advertisement