Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing costs

Options
  • 22-01-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi

I am interested in importing some net monofilament packaging bags from China. I have sourced a crowd who will ship 30000 bags at 0.069 USD to Dublin Port.

Now I am unsure what exactly happens when they arrive there. I have already had a look through the forums trying to see how costs are calculated but I still don't really know the ins and outs. :confused:

If someone could try and break down the additional taxes etc for me that would be great.

Also, should I expect the Revenue to be on my back wondering where my imported bags are going, or do they tend to follow up that sort of thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

This thread would be a good start:

Importing from China- tax, duties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Plenty suppliers out there already and probably buying cheaper than you.

No issue importing them. Transport company will deal with that end. As value is over €600 you will need full customs clearance (cost about €50)

I think the price you are paying is too high but it depends on size. - Size for kindling can be purchased for about 12c, so your margin is very tight.

You will need invoices and taric number and exact description of goods to ensure correct customs entry.

Advertisement