Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baffling Interview on Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show

• 22-01-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭

I rarely listen to Iano anymore now that I'm commuting a lot less. I'd started to lost interest though even when I was commutin. I did hear a piece of his show this morning with an interview with Padraig Harrington.

Harrington is a nice guy and he's down to earth and easy to listen to. The interview needed to be on a sports show however. I've no idea what it was doing on a breakfast show at 8:45AM on a Friday morning. It wasn't a general interview. It centered around his golfing activities and then veered into tips and opinions aimed at golfers. An interview like this would have been a fine centrepiece for a sports show but certainly not a breakfast show.

I know Ian likes golf if I remember correctly so I can see the personal attraction for him but he's not presenting the show for his benefit, or at least that's the theory anyway. Ian is a really nice guy but between pimping Mario and now this, perhaps it's time for him to try something different in terms of a show or something? That's not likely to happen however as, just prior to the Harrington interview, he mentioned he was heading off to Austria tomorrow for the annual skiing jolly which seems to have been a fixture for years. If I had a cushy number like that you can bet I wouldn't want to give it up. Can't blame the man.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Ah the old Today FM ski holidays. Where the presenter and the guests/public on it tended to talk to the listeners "back home" as if we were morons and never left the country. At least that's what it was like when it used to be on in the background in the height of the boom in the place I worked.

Advertisement