Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - temporary cease of service

Options
  • 22-01-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner are moving out of our current apartment at the end of the month and are currently within an 18 month contract with eir for broadband and TV. The contract ends some time in June.

The problem is that it's looking unlikely we'll have an apartment secured by the time we move out of our current one. Can we put a temporary hold on the account and resume our contract once we get an apartment, which we expect to be no later than 8th February? We don't want to be paying large cancellation fees and would like to resume our service in our next place.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Colemania wrote: »
    Myself and my partner are moving out of our current apartment at the end of the month and are currently within an 18 month contract with eir for broadband and TV. The contract ends some time in June.  

The problem is that it's looking unlikely we'll have an apartment secured by the time we move out of our current one. Can we put a temporary hold on the account and resume our contract once we get an apartment, which we expect to be no later than 8th February? We don't want to be paying large cancellation fees and would like to resume our service in our next place.

Is this possible?
    Hi Colemania

Unfortunately there is no process to put a hold on account - I know this does not meet your requirements and I'm genuinely sorry I can't offer you an alternative. If you would like to cancel please contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Colemania

Unfortunately there is no process to put a hold on account - I know this does not meet your requirements and I'm genuinely sorry I can't offer you an alternative. If you would like to cancel please contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

It seems that a lot of apartment blocks in dublin don't cater for Eir broadband. Is this due to the lack of a phone line? It makes things very difficult for me as I've 5 months left in my contract and would like to stay with Eir but it looks like no matter where I go, it won't be possible.

Is there any other solution?

Hi Colemania

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

It seems that a lot of apartment blocks in dublin don't cater for Eir broadband. Is this due to the lack of a phone line? It makes things very difficult for me as I've 5 months left in my contract and would like to stay with Eir but it looks like no matter where I go, it won't be possible.

Is there any other solution?
    I'm sorry Colemania - I genuinely can't offer you a way around this I'm afraid

It's at the discretion of the developer in regards to the services they want to make available

Al

It's at the discretion of the developer in regards to the services they want to make available

Al

I am currently viewing an apartment and according to the efibre map, the apartment is efibre enabled. Could you please confirm this on your end if I provide the address? If you can tell me that another apartment in that apartment block has eircom, that should confirm it.

Thanks

Al

I am currently viewing an apartment and according to the efibre map, the apartment is efibre enabled. Could you please confirm this on your end if I provide the address? If you can tell me that another apartment in that apartment block has eircom, that should confirm it.

Thanks
    Of course Colemania - I'm more than happy to help you with this :)Please PM me the address..

Al

• Advertisement

Al

Thanks
    Of course Colemania - I'm more than happy to help you with this :)Please PM me the address..

Al
    Hi Alan,

We got an apartment in Sandyford and I have filled in the moving house application on the Eir website to switch over our service.

I assume our contract will then resume until it was due to end in June yes? After our contract ends, we want to switch to a broadband only deal and will most likely stay with Eir if its a good offer at the time. I read something about a new contract starting when we move but that can't be right surely.

Please clarify when possible.

Regards
    Colemania

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IIRC if you require a new line to be isntalled (the in place one is inactive) that automatically adds a 12/mo contract from the install date (offsets installation costs). The reps will clarify if this includes a TV renewal or just the line rental/BB. 

Al

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

We got an apartment in Sandyford and I have filled in the moving house application on the Eir website to switch over our service.

I assume our contract will then resume until it was due to end in June yes? After our contract ends, we want to switch to a broadband only deal and will most likely stay with Eir if its a good offer at the time. I read something about a new contract starting when we move but that can't be right surely.

Please clarify when possible.

Regards
    Colemania
    Hi Colemania

As contracts are based specifically upon address a new contract will be required if moving service to another address - this is a specific condition of moving service I'm afraid. Instead of moving service I recommend requesting the closure of your existing account and seperately requesting installation of broadband only at your new address - this will still involve a contract of 18 months though.

To cancel please contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600 and to place a new order please contact sales on 1800500300 or place the order online https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/

Thanks
    Al

Hi Colemania

As contracts are based specifically upon address a new contract will be required if moving service to another address - this is a specific condition of moving service I'm afraid. Instead of moving service I recommend requesting the closure of your existing account and seperately requesting installation of broadband only at your new address - this will still involve a contract of 18 months though.

To cancel please contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600 and to place a new order please contact sales on 1800500300 or place the order online https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/

Thanks
    Al

I'm ok taking up another contract but if I close the existing account while also getting the broadband only deal, will I have to pay the cancellation fee?

Hi Colemania

Thanks
    Al

I'm ok taking up another contract but if I close the existing account while also getting the broadband only deal, will I have to pay the cancellation fee?
    Certainly not Colemania - If your taking up service at a new address there will be no cancellation fees :)

Al

• Advertisement

Certainly not Colemania - If your taking up service at a new address there will be no cancellation fees :)

Al

And one final question, will I be getting any offers with the new contract or what price per month will I be paying?

Al

And one final question, will I be getting any offers with the new contract or what price per month will I be paying?
    Hi Colemania

I will have to ask you to discuss that with the loyalty team as we cannot arrange prices and offers here. You can reach eir loyalty on free phone 1800303600.

Thanks
    Al

Al

Hi Al,

We rang eir today and they said there's a 35 euro cancellation fee cos we were taking the broadband only deal. Is that right? I thought you said there was no cancellation fee.

Al

Hi Al,

We rang eir today and they said there's a 35 euro cancellation fee cos we were taking the broadband only deal. Is that right? I thought you said there was no cancellation fee.
    Apologies Colemania

I advised on the terms you were moving all services to the new address - if you drop a service there would be a cancellation fee if you're still in contract.

Al

Apologies Colemania

I advised on the terms you were moving all services to the new address - if you drop a service there would be a cancellation fee if you're still in contract.

Al

We have called eir twice today, each call lasting between 20-30 minutes and we have still not been able to cancel the account. They keep passing us to different people and we don't have much time during the day to make calls so we haven't been able to finish the call. Is there any easier way of doing this?

Apologies Colemania

Al

We have called eir twice today, each call lasting between 20-30 minutes and we have still not been able to cancel the account. They keep passing us to different people and we don't have much time during the day to make calls so we haven't been able to finish the call. Is there any easier way of doing this?
    Hi Colemania

The best number to call is free phone 1800303600 - I'm sorry I can't offer a better alternative

Al

Hi Alan,

I sent you a PM there yesterday about our address if you might reply when you get a chance.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Alan,

I sent you a PM there yesterday about our address if you might reply when you get a chance.

Thanks

Hi Colemania,

I'm afraid is no longer with us.  Feel free to PM me your details and I'll help you.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Colemania,

I'm afraid is no longer with us.  Feel free to PM me your details and I'll help you.

Thanks

Tracey

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Thanks a million,

We'll get back to you ASAP

Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement