Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account locked but it's not?

Options
  • 22-01-2016 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭

"Too many login attempts account locked please reset to login"
    I have never had a login attempt fail ,chrome stores my password
    How do I reset so the home computer can login?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm getting that message when I try to take mod actions (deleting posts). It asks me to insert my password, as usual, but then does not allow me to proceed, and the mod action is ineffective. It's not logging me out though and I can continue posting as a regular user

Had that intermittently since getting back online following those site problems earlier in the week

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

This was happening to me this afternoon when I was on mobile data but when I got home I could log in on the wifi no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Happened to me earlier on the laptop. Had to go ahead and reset it to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Was happening on touch for me yesterday, I just switched to the full site (on my phone) and logged in with no issues then switched back to touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I believe the office know about this and it's on their list of things to fix along with a number of various issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Trying to log in on my phone. When I log in through the main site it brings me to the touch site log in page and when I try log in there I'm getting the failed log in message. Password already reset... Any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Any ideas?
    Valium..?

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I got same message ,and what i done was I googled '' reset password boards.ie ''

I sent email and got reply that I would receive email to reset password .

However 10 minutes later I tried to login and Boards.ie worked

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I went to the full site from the mobile and tried to log in,when I returned to touch all was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Gordon wrote: »
    I believe the office know about this and it's on their list of things to fix along with a number of various issues.

thanks for the feedback Gordon.

I had the same issue yesterday and went through the reset password process (haven't changed it in a while, so it was a good exercise) and I can confirm that I can access the site.
    Navigation is a bit slow, but not annoyingly slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was locked out of my account the last few days, this is my first succsessful login.

Thanks to whoever fixed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm able to log in my phone but not on my desktop. Has a concurrent login value been defaulted back to one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Was affected by 'too many login attempts' on pc yesterday but ok today. I thought I had wrong recovery email addy and requested a change via 'contact us'. Please ignore my request as all seems to be ok for now but site is v slow.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

P_1 wrote: »
    I'm able to log in my phone but not on my desktop. Has a concurrent login value been defaulted back to one?

Same issue here. Changed password twice, but still getting the error about too many failed attempts.

Cleared cookies too to no avail.

I can log in with phone, but it's not the interface I use generally as I prefer desktop.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Ah nevermind. I found that I could click the Touch site at the bottom of the homepage on the PC, so did that, logged in via Touch, then went to the bottom of the page and went back to full site again. So logged in again for another while! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This is happening to me on my desktop this evening but not the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'm getting the same. I get the same "Too many login failures. Your account has been locked. Please reset your password". I reset the password and all's good. I exit the site and when I open the site again and try to login I get the same message. I reset the password and all's good until I exit the site.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon as having to reset my password every time would annoy me.

It's happening on the desktop (Windows 7, Chrome, all up to date) and the mobile (android 5.0, Chrome, viewing full site)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'm getting the same. I get the same "Too many login failures. Your account has been locked. Please reset your password". I reset the password and all's good. I exit the site and when I open the site again and try to login I get the same message. I reset the password and all's good until I exit the site.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon as having to reset my password every time would annoy me.

It's happening on the desktop (Windows 7, Chrome, all up to date) and the mobile (android 5.0, Chrome, viewing full site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Posted this in the other thread but might as well post it here as well, this should work for everyone getting the too many login failures message.

If you want to login, go to the beta site at the bottom of the page and turn it on, when in beta, login to your account there and then go back to touch or desktop. Should work perfectly every time as it has for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Posted this in the other thread but might as well post it here as well, this should work for everyone getting the too many login failures message.

If you want to login, go to the beta site at the bottom of the page and turn it on, when in beta, login to your account there and then go back to touch or desktop. Should work perfectly every time as it has for me.
    Apt username.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This issue should be resolved now for everyone. You may need to clear cookies from your browser first. If you didn't actually get to reset your password then your previous password will work (ignoring the fact it said you were locked out for too many incorrect password attempts).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Thanks Niamh I emailed in thinking I was locked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm unable to log in. I submit my username and password and while it appears to accept it, I am not logged in on the site. I have tried clearing my cache and cookies but to no avail. I'm writing this via the Beta site but when I switch back to the normal site I'm logged out again.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try again in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's working for me now.

Advertisement