Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP Provider

Options
  • 22-01-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭

Hi

im looking to get into the VOIP and just wondering what VOIP provider I can use for a trial?

I have a few Linksys SPA 922 VOIP phones

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

blueface

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

stanley1 wrote: »
    blueface

Here's the list of providers, there could be some new providers not on it.

Blueface now concentrates on business, not sure if they still offer consumer packages best option is to contact them. I'm on a €99 a year for 300 min per month of calls to landlines in Europe, US, Canada and some other countries.

Vomino does offer trial, a few months back they even sent you a Free Voip adapter already configured, but you can ask for configuration details for your own device. I got a mail before Xmas to offer the year package for €49 (normal price €99) but I do not have the email, someone else might have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I have been with blueface residential for a few years, they stopped advertising it on their site a few yrs ago but still do it, I'm on the Uk/Ireland unlimited for €149 a year, call them & ask.;) before they stopped advertising the residential package they had a whopper of an offer, buy a VIOP phone from them & get free calls for life, the phone was €99 or maybe €199 either way it was a great offer, small print stated life meant the life of the actual phone....was still a fantastic offer.
    **UPDATE** I actually found a link to the defunked offer HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jitchak

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Looking to transfer our landline number to a VoIP provider. Do need it to make or receive calls so could just let it expire. Is there a cheap provider I could transfer it to just to keep the number in case we ever go back to a landline in the future?

Cheers,

Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I moved my landline number to irishvoip.com about two years ago. It has worked well and I have found the customer service very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is there any app I can port the number to for free? I only really want to hold the number and if it could receive calls it be a bonus.. Skype looks like you can port a landline to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dmm1000

Regarding IRISHVOIP.COM if i sign up to them for PAYG the yearly fee and buy my own SIP / VOIP adaptor to use my own analog phone (for making AND recieving calls) , do i have to buy the topups from IRISHVOIP or can i use a cheaper alternative such as discountvoip.co.uk for ONLY the topping up part of it to fund the making of calls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can use Irish VOIP  for incoming and discount VoIP for outgoing. You can use a SIP ATA or a router with VOIP capability and phone socket. Alternatively you can use a phone app instead. IrishVOIP have an app that they claim is better for battery life for incoming calls.

Any SIP phone app will work for outgoing calls from any provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭michaelheno

Looking at getting voip service for home phone would not be using a lot of minutes per month is payg with Irishvoip a good option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I find the payg option works good for me. I really only use it for international calls but find it very cheap and works well. I only had to contact customer support a couple of times and they were very quick with their response. Couldn’t fault the service for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭michaelheno

Thanks have it ordere now so will see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Anymore info on that phone app ? I would be interested only to port number over to VOIP service , but only use it for incoming calls on mobile phone. I looked on the irishvoip.com site but can't see anything about an app, nor can I find it in the play store.

I bought a VOIP Dect (Grandstream) duo set off ebay for the hefty sum of €15. Had to replace the batteries on one (rechargeable AAA), connected and ported landline to irishvoip.com on their PAYG plan.

For an investment of €20 I am saving 360 - 37(yearly voip subscription) per year. Calls to UK mobiles are also a lot cheaper now then with my mobile or with my legacy landline plan..

Best of all, and I don't say this lightly as I am a natural moaner and complainer, I have been very impressed with speed and quality of responses by their customer service/tech support.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭slystallone

Did you get it installed on an existing modem? Does someone need to come out to the house to install something?

Advertisement