Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Still think it's OK price for power you get and economy but would be thinking along the lines of secondhand as above in future .

Already looking ahead, I suppose you hadn't planned to keep the 330e for more than 1-2 years? Will you be looking for electric again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I'm always looking at cars as I have been a serial changer but loving this 330e.
    However I think it will be a keeper long long term or will look again in 2/3 years. I have a feeling this tech will improve rapidly and there will be an all new 3 unveiled mid 2018 to go on sale in 2019 apparently. I would move it on before the new 3 or before the tech in this 330e was old hat. Either that or will keep much longer as car is lovely and I put enough kit to enjoy it (although not as much as Digiman!). Harman Kardon stereo is brill and overall package hard to beat.
    Relatively speaking car has cost little money up front.
    I had the cash to buy it but I went (dreaded by some on Boards) PCP route with max deposit. 5k of which comes from BMW meaning I put less in and repayments are grand. Daily running costs are very small for the performance level. Low tax, cheap to fuel especially compared to previous golf gti and servicing inclusive.
    Would have no problem going hybrid are all electric again. When I get into our other car a diesel I think it's noisy and rough in comparison even though it's not at all. I almost put down the 1k deposit for a Tesla model 3 the other day however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Might be of interest if you're about to place an order.

The Ultimate BMW Incentive
    • 3,500 to 6,000 deposit contributions offered on wide range of BMW models
    • Five years free servicing offered with BMW Service Inclusive Packages
    • BMW 1 Series 116i SE from just 305 per month with APR of 4.9%*

The purchase of a new car is a big decision, an even bigger decision without an impetus. BMW Ireland has announced today, the Ultimate BMW Incentive to give customers a compelling and timely reason to commit to the big decision with generous rebates, complimentary Service Inclusive Packages rounded off with strong residual values guaranteed by BMW Financial Services.

Unprecedented incentives from 3,500 to 6,000 are being offered towards new BMW models including 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Series as well as BMW X1, X3 and X4 models. In addition to this offer, BMW is offering complimentary BMW Service Inclusive Packages of five years free servicing.

As a brand with strong resale values of its cars in Ireland, BMW is providing real value and peace of mind while protecting the long term interests of customers. Within this offer, a deposit contribution of 4,000 is offered on all 2 and 3 Series models meanwhile BMW Ireland is offering 5,000 toward the X1, X3 and 4 Series. A range topping 6,000 is being offered toward the purchase of a BMW X4. This offer is available on selected models purchased and registered on or before the 31st March 2017.

All of these models are being offered with BMW Select Finance at a rate of 4.9% finance. So, for example a BMW 1 Series 116i SE is now available from 305 per month. BMW Select Finance guarantees the minimum value of a BMW under BMW Select, a personal contact plan finance (PCP) agreement. This is an inflation proof offer that not only offers peace of mind but lower monthly costs for customers.

Meanwhile BMW is contributing to the cost of ownership with a BMW Service Inclusive package on all new BMW models which covers the cost of a comprehensive list of service items for up to 5 years or 100,000kms. It includes full vehicle health checks and regular maintenance of items such as oil service, renewal of spark plugs and brake fluid. The benefits are also fully transferrable to any subsequent owner and can even enhance the resale value of a BMW. For more information visit your local BMW retailer.

So a possibility of a total of €11,500 off a 330e including grants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

So a possibility of a total of €11,500 off a 330e including grants?

i models are excluded according to the small print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's mad how big wheels are getting across the ranges. The S90 has a factory 22" option, they look the absolute business. And gone are the days where the low profile makes the ride unbearable, suspension systems are very well dampened to compensate.

The alloys kind of have to get bigger due to the cars themselves being bigger.

As for the sound system, my old 335 had just the standard sound which, while not terrible, wasn't great. Sound became muffled and bassless if turned up high. The HK in my 330 is a totally different story altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

digiman wrote: »
    I'm really interested in getting a 6 cylinder 4GC, the prices in the UK are quite good value at the moment even with the sterling back on the rise again.

I've a 142 328i fully loaded with extras to sell though, I'm not sure about trying to sell privately though. Would an Irish dealer buy a UK car for you and take your own as a trade-in? The dealers will give very little for a car as a trade-in though is the problem even when their own cars are hugely overpriced new.

Joe Duffy have a 161 335d for 55k at the minute but it's got very little extras on it. I'm so used to HUD, comfort access, reversing camera and surround view that I would struggle to go to another car without them now, especially the first 3.

I remember being told before that if you spotted a car that a UK BMW dealer was selling the BMW dealer here would bring it over, obviously bump up the price and apply a 2 year warranty instead of the 1 in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those contributions are not available on any of the recently launched or i performance models. For example the likes of the new 5 Series, 330e and X5 are excluded.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Those contributions are not available on any of the recently launched or i performance models. For example the likes of the new 5 Series, 330e and X5 are excluded.

I'm deliberating over a 4GC, buying 2nd hand was first option but given these reductions buying new needs to be taken more seriously. Also, I notice that these offers finish at end of March, just around the time the 4GC is due its LCI so even if they extend it, it may not be applicable for it anyway.

Am I right in saying that this is the first time that BMW have ever come out with such enticing offers as this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

I assumed the 5 series was covered but not detailed here as perhaps the prices haven't been published? It mentions the 5 series in the presser I got.

It probably applies to the existing run out 5 Series but not the new model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

digiman wrote: »
    I'm deliberating over a 4GC, buying 2nd hand was first option but given these reductions buying new needs to be taken more seriously. Also, I notice that these offers finish at end of March, just around the time the 4GC is due its LCI so even if they extend it, it may not be applicable for it anyway.

Am I right in saying that this is the first time that BMW have ever come out with such enticing offers as this?

In this fashion it's probably new for BMW but when the F10 5 Series was launched nearly 7 years ago, at launch the base price undercut the Audi A6 and Merc E Class by a good few thousand euro.

This is a little different in that it seems to be a reaction to Mercedes recent 10% drop in the retail price of some of it's models which has a negative impact on customers who paid the higher price recently and resale values of used models.

BMW are just trying to do it a different way in tying it into a PCP deal. However it will have a similar knock on effect on resale values of used models as per your example where you may now buy new instead of buying a used model. If less people buy used stock it starts impacting values of that used stock.

On the website, the small print specifically excludes i models,5,7,x5 series.
    No way they could include the new 5 before it is launched.

Any other 330e drivers finding battery range decreasing? My car told me I had 21km range this morning in full battery which is very low. Used to show well over 30km before. I am driving the car more enthusiastically then when I first got it but wondering if I have a battery issue?
    Maybe the colder weather plays a part.

It's down to the time of year and current cold spell I'd say. More reliance on heating, etc. I've seen my mpg drop a bit in the last few weeks too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

On the website, the small print specifically excludes i models,5,7,x5 series.
    No way they could include the new 5 before it is launched.

Any other 330e drivers finding battery range decreasing? My car told me I had 21km range this morning in full battery which is very low. Used to show well over 30km before. I am driving the car more enthusiastically then when I first got it but wondering if I have a battery issue?
    Maybe the colder weather plays a part.

cold weather would do that normally.

Figured it was the colder weather alright
    Funnily enough even though that's what it says the real range doesn't seem that much lower in reality.

Re the deposit contribution, is this not partly to stop people importing nearly new from uk?if you can now buy brand new here for not much more you are likely to do that instead of importing.
    Won't do anything for existing values but really the cost to change shouldn't be affected if what you are now buying is cheaper too.

Digiman you would be very unlikely to find a 4 series used with all the kit you want here in Ireland. Comfort access all round cameras etc while lovely to have has no resale value so never really specced here.

Funnily enough even though that's what it says the real range doesn't seem that much lower in reality.

Re the deposit contribution, is this not partly to stop people importing nearly new from uk?if you can now buy brand new here for not much more you are likely to do that instead of importing.
    Won't do anything for existing values but really the cost to change shouldn't be affected if what you are now buying is cheaper too.

Digiman you would be very unlikely to find a 4 series used with all the kit you want here in Ireland. Comfort access all round cameras etc while lovely to have has no resale value so never really specced here.

You are right, even hard to find any in the UK that have it. A few guys on bimmerpost UK have them speced but I guess they are not selling yet!! HUD is becoming much more popular but the way the prices are it could be worth looking at buying new!!

I just wish I knew what was coming in the LCI!! If it's similar to what they did with the 3 series I wouldn't be that bothered on waiting.

I can't see 4 series facelift being anymore than led lights front and rear, minor trim changes. Wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of luxury spec. They have decided not to do it on the new 5 so may delete from 4. The interior has already been changed the same as the lci 3 so I'd guess you'd be safe enough.
    Re hud, I was tempted as you can get it as part of professional media plus pack but still felt was too much. Also apparently needs a special windscreen and if you get a crack andneed a new windscreen can be very hard to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I can't see 4 series facelift being anymore than led lights front and rear, minor trim changes.

I had to laugh when I saw the 4 series, **** looking orange rear lights, placed on purpose, so when the facelift came, there was a dead cert for an "upgrade"...

• Advertisement

Well my take on it is that making a new car more affordable to a buyer who would normally have bought nearly new or used, would harm resale values of used models further. For example a BMW dealer has a number of used 4 Series for sale but instead of selling them customers instead chose to bought new because it made more sense. That means the dealer still has to sell those 4 Series, then another customer roles up in a 4 Series looking to trade it in, well surely the trade in value has to be lower because the dealer already has a number of 4 Series that he hasn't sold? Yes UK prices have an effect but again that has an effect on used prices here already too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »
    Well my take on it is that making a new car more affordable to a buyer who would normally have bought nearly new or used, would harm resale values of used models further. For example a BMW dealer has a number of used 4 Series for sale but instead of selling them customers instead chose to bought new because it made more sense. That means the dealer still has to sell those 4 Series, then another customer roles up in a 4 Series looking to trade it in, well surely the trade in value has to be lower because the dealer already has a number of 4 Series that he hasn't sold? Yes UK prices have an effect but again that has an effect on used prices here already too.

The exact reason why PCP will be a house of cards that crashes down. I reckon in 2 years time you won't be able to give away the likes of a 16 reg Tucson.

The exact reason why PCP will be a house of cards that crashes down. I reckon in 2 years time you won't be able to give away the likes of a 16 reg Tucson.
    tucson start from E26245,even if depreciation is high in % terms, the value of the car isnt high, so it wont be that bad. Id be more concerned with the likes of the 52k entry level 5 series, the price drops on many new cars recently has been savage!!!!

I used to think that buying a car from a "premium" manufacturer saved you in less depreciation but learned over the years that this is rubbish.
    A BMW salesman said to me before that no matter what you buy the more you spend the more you lose come resale regardless of the car. He also said put in whatever extras you like and will enjoy but don't expect to get a penny of that back in resale.
    That said when they come to retail it again they will put a value on the extras to the next poor punter.
    These offers from merc,Bmw show that they are now all chasing volume above all else which leads to bigger depreciation as well.

I used to think that buying a car from a "premium" manufacturer saved you in less depreciation but learned over the years that this is rubbish.
    maybe as percentage "premium" depreciation will be less, but when the premium car is double the price, in terms of €, of course the premium car will cost more...

Possibility the dealer contribution could apply to e models, despite the small print. Dealer rang me there and said they're confirming that tomorrow.

Great value if that's the case.
    The equivalent of better than zero percent finance.
    Are you interested in one?
    Didn't think a 3 series would be up to your luxury tastes?!

That would be some cut off the price when you include the VRT rebate and grant. Do they really need to shift units of the 330e that much though?

I wouldn't be surprised it the answer came back as no, he said I was the first person he rang that actually knew about contributions. They've been doing a €2.5k (I think that was the number) contribution towards 5 series M-Sport packages for ages and no one knew about them.

I basically told him I don't know what I want and I don't mind him ringing periodically. 530e is very interesting and funny enough he mentioned they were doing contributions on the new G30 5 (no mention of e), a model not even out yet. But gives him zero margin to offer anything else off so much of a muchness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭sligo_dave

I wouldn't be surprised it the answer came back as no, he said I was the first person he rang that actually knew about contributions. They've been doing a €2.5k (I think that was the number) contribution towards 5 series M-Sport packages for ages and no one knew about them.

I basically told him I don't know what I want and I don't mind him ringing periodically. 530e is very interesting and funny enough he mentioned they were doing contributions on the new G30 5 (no mention of e), a model not even out yet. But gives him zero margin to offer anything else off so much of a muchness.

I was going to ask just that reading through about the dealer contribution, if there would be any further price reduction in negotiation or would the dealer contribution be the only discount available?

• Advertisement

I think it depends very much on the car and the dealer, but the G30 5 series would have little to no further reduction from the way he worded it, if there was a contribution. I think there's always deals to be done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I think it depends very much on the car and the dealer, but the G30 5 series would have little to no further reduction from the way he worded it, if there was a contribution. I think there's always deals to be done though.

I wonder is this equivalent to Merc's 10% price reduction? They can't afford to reflect the drop in value of GBP in the UK market, ie the price rises will be more modest so as not to lose too many sales in a jittery market. Knock on effect in Ireland is that there needs to be something to avoid grey market imports being attractive given the impact it could have on the Irish dealer network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Marcusm wrote: »
    I wonder is this equivalent to Merc's 10% price reduction? They can't afford to reflect the drop in value of GBP in the UK market, ie the price rises will be more modest so as not to lose too many sales in a jittery market. Knock on effect in Ireland is that there needs to be something to avoid grey market imports being attractive given the impact it could have on the Irish dealer network.

It looks smarter than giving the straight 10% reduction, especially tying it to finance. I heard that dealers aren't willing to discount further than the 4k on the 330e either.

Not sure if they are still doing the 995 M-Sport upgrade (or indeed not sure if they offered that on the 330e anyway??).

Jesus
    If you can get an additional 4K discount and a 995 euro upgrade to m sport on the 330e I'll be disgusted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Jesus
    If you can get an additional 4K discount and a 995 euro upgrade to m sport on the 330e I'll be disgusted!

The 995 upgrade to M-Sport has been dropped in favour of this new offer. Not just a contribution against PCP , also available as a straight cash discount.

Confirmed by both my BMW dealers today that it applies to any G30 orders, but only guaranteed for vehicles registered in Q1 (all models, not just the 5), so better to order sooner than later, especially for the G30.

Does say all 3 Series Models on one e-mail so I'll need to check if the 330e is included. Leather and Sports Steering Wheel are now chargeable options on the 3 Series SE models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Not in this league yet but what's the story with the fuel tank capacity on the 330e? I've seen articles state it's only 40l but I can't seem to find any official figure.

R.O.R
    How muchare they giving off the new 5 or x5 ? 5k?
    I'm amazed they are discounting the new 5 already.
    If so this is pretty much the same as Mercedes are doing really with their 10 per cent.

Fuel tank in 330e is 41 litres. If you charge regularly not an issue but I'd say if you didn't would be pita.
    I have to refuel less often than I did in my last car.

According to online sources it's only 41 litres due to the hybrid drivetrain. On the plus side most of the new Audi A4s have a similar size tank by default unless you specify a larger tank when ordering.

Well you're looking at €60k on the nose for a 520d M-Sport G30 with a few boxes ticked.

Realistically you would have been getting in the ball park of €2500-€3000 as a 4-5% discount on purchase. If they're only offering €4500 as a contribution and there's zero room for haggling after that, the buyer isn't doing a whole lot better than before.

• Advertisement

I suppose I'm just surprised that they would be discounting the new 5 so openly but I suppose in reality for most people trading in they will be getting the discount in a better trade in value than car is actually worth.
    All the manufacturers seem to be at this money off lark now. I see in today's paper 6 grand off a new Ford Mustang. I thought they were supposedly sold out for months in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

R.O.R
    How muchare they giving off the new 5 or x5 ? 5k?
    I'm amazed they are discounting the new 5 already.
    If so this is pretty much the same as Mercedes are doing really with their 10 per cent.

Fuel tank in 330e is 41 litres. If you charge regularly not an issue but I'd say if you didn't would be pita.
    I have to refuel less often than I did in my last car.

Probably would have helped if I'd put that info on.

€4,000 off the 5 Series (3 Series & 2 Series)
    €3,500 off the 1 Series
    €5,000 off the 4 Series & X1 & X3
    €6,000 off the X4

Nothing on X5 ,X6, 6 or 7 Series

This discount is in addition to normal discount available to us, so presume same for the public.

In case it's any interest, on the Merc's, we're still getting normal discount % off the retail price, then the 10% of the retail price off on top.

I suppose I'm just surprised that they would be discounting the new 5 so openly but I suppose in reality for most people trading in they will be getting the discount in a better trade in value than car is actually worth.
    All the manufacturers seem to be at this money off lark now. I see in today's paper 6 grand off a new Ford Mustang. I thought they were supposedly sold out for months in advance.

Will you though? I'm not sure, with the way Brexit is going I'd imagine importing used cars will continue to be more favorable than buying one from a dealer here. That and the fact it may become more affordable to buy new would suggest to me that trade in values are going to take a bit hit. If people are initially more tempted to buy new than nearly new or buy used in the UK then that leaves dealers with lots of used cars they will find harder to sell which surely impacts what they give you for your car if you decide to trade up? Also BMW are known for being overly generous when it comes deals.

Great if you are a cash customer or PCPing a ball of money with a low trade-in value/discount but I think the guy trading up every couple of years or rolling over his PCP deal is going to end up subsidizing these new car discounts long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

As I stated before, I suspect that it is a less clear way of effecting the same price reductions as MB. BY having a "contribution" it is easier that an explicit price cut which they would find it harder to reverse without "dealers hiking car prices" when the EUR/GBP rate stabilises (at whatever rate) or when the necessary price rises are effected in the UK.

Kearys have a loaded 161 uk import 330e for 52900 euro.
    Didn't think they would bother importing one of these.presume you can't claim back vrt on used car so that is the price.
    Makes no sense especially if you can get 4K additional now of a new one

I seen that a few days ago. Would only make sense if someone had a fairly high value trade-in where they won't be going the PCP route so the contribution wouldn't apply. Incidentally I priced a similar car from the UK a few weeks ago and it was coming in at between 45k and 47k landed. Prices are strong on these in the UK. VRT was under 3k being a PHEV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

Just to confirm with those in the know (cause I can't get through to the dealer, funny that..) The 330e is definitely included in the 4K deal and.. it is valid for a cash deal. It's just I haven't seen anything published on this and wish to confront my dealer on the deal I signed 5 weeks ago to see can BMW's contribution can be included. Otherwise I'll be rather unhappy...

I see in the fine print that the car has to be delivered by the end of March. I suggest people better get cracking on ordering to achieve that target.

Your post is a little confusing, are you saying you know for sure that the discount does apply, or are you asking us if it is included?

As an side I saw one today in Dundalk in white firs the first time in the wild, don't think it was an M-Sport and it still looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

Sorry.. very poorly written. Yes it's questions to both..

Glad it looks well. I've ordered the Msport plus package with blue calipers.. hopefully looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭sligo_dave

Moe1013 wrote: »
    Just to confirm with those in the know (cause I can't get through to the dealer, funny that..) The 330e is definitely included in the 4K deal and.. it is valid for a cash deal. It's just I haven't seen anything published on this and wish to confront my dealer on the deal I signed 5 weeks ago to see can BMW's contribution can be included. Otherwise I'll be rather unhappy...

I see in the fine print that the car has to be delivered by the end of March. I suggest people better get cracking on ordering to achieve that target.

I'm in a similar situation. My question remains to be answered: will the dealer contribution be additional to the deal done already or will it replace the deal and no other discount will be given??
    The reason this is vital is that with the dealer contribution deal the apr on the PCP is higher than it previously was. If dealer contribution replaces previous deal with previous discount removed, it would cost me more to opt for the new dealer contribution.
    I await an agreed call from my dealer on Monday to see which way it goes!

There was a poster on another thread who ordered a merc c class before the 10 per cent price cut. He is being offered 5 percent discount as the dealer said he had given him a generous trade in. I didn't think this was a great outcome but he is happy.
    If the 4 k is coming from Bmw and dealers margin is intact then you would expect to get it.if you're buying straight then they have no excuse to say your trade in is worth less due to brexit etc.
    Have they changed the apr on pcp with this new offer?
    It was 3.9 previously

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement