Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

No confirmation either way on whether the 330e qualifies for the new discount.

My dealer was checking with BMW Ireland and will come back.

There's nothing to say it doesn't, and he thinks it should, but need to wait on final confirmation from BMW Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

just had a quick look at BMW website.
    They're now giving the service pack free too!

It will be a 1 series free with every 5 series soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

Yes I've had a closer look and it and it implies that pcp must be taken. We'll see anyway.

Keep in touch folks if any definitive answer emerges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If you're not into your options and want to keep costs down, the 330e SE is €47,680.

Less both grants totalling €7500.
    Less €4000 contribution, if true.

= €36180 on the road if you could wangle delivery. More value than you can shake a stick at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Standard 3 Series spec is pretty dire though imo. It would be very difficult to not add some options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

bazz26 wrote: »
    Standard 3 Series spec is pretty dire though imo. It would be very difficult to not add some options.

I could easily tick 10k of extras on any BMW. The new G30 has lots of nice options and gadgets!! The more I see photos of that car the more I want it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you're not into your options and want to keep costs down, the 330e SE is €47,680.

Less both grants totalling €7500.
    Less €4000 contribution, if true.

= €36180 on the road if you could wangle delivery. More value than you can shake a stick at.

You have to wonder what vw think they are doing with the pricing on the passat gte.

R.O.R mentioned they have removed leather seats and steering wheel from standard spec so that's a couple of grand clawed back straight away.

Yep, leather is an option on the builder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yep, leather is an option on the builder.

Even on an se? What's the se stand for :d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

mickdw wrote: »
    You have to wonder what vw think they are doing with the pricing on the passat gte.

Couldn't agree more. Pure fantasy land expecting people to pay that. Goes completely against their current commitment to clean, efficient (honest) engines. Put the Golf GTE in that box too.

It will be interesting to see how many "basic" 3 series that will be sold in the coming months. BMW going a bit downmarket anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Can anybody who has bought one on pcp post up what the GFMV is?

I have an m sport plus with a few options and the gfmv is just over 24k I think.
    There is no way you'd roll over into a new deal without putting your hand in your pocket at that.
    I don't know if they would have adjusted the figures down now with these contributions and sterling causing a drop in used values.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Is this contribution real in terms of being all things equal and the contribution on top?

I'd be pretty pissed off if I had bought a Bmw recently for them to knock 4 or 5k off, new car depreciation is sore enough.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I have an m sport plus with a few options and the gfmv is just over 24k I think.
    There is no way you'd roll over into a new deal without putting your hand in your pocket at that.
    I don't know if they would have adjusted the figures down now with these contributions and sterling causing a drop in used values.

I think it was quite foolish of them to leave the gfv based on full retail when each and every car would be availing of the 7.5k grants.
    If a further 4k price drop is applied without them adjusting the gfv, I will eat my hat.
    Currently, the 5k portion of the grant is put into deposit making max deposit fro. Customer about 8k but counting as 13k. If the further contribution was to be put into deposit too, customer would only be looking at 4k deposit. In that type of situation, you wouldn't worry at all about having zero equity at end of term and it would be very much like the deals being offered in uk.
    With the glut of pcp cars coming back in in a few years, meaning a huge number of customers with no trade in our little deposit, I can only see more deals being put together with smaller initial deposit to enable sales.
    Back in 08, just after taking delivery of my new audi, they knocked a clean 5k off the list price of the A5. It is not nice and does somewhat take the shine off.

Thanks
    I'm going to pop in today and see if the GFMV is still similar

What they give with one hand they take away with the other.,..
    Apr has gone up and sales guy told me at launch of the 5 they will be offering lot less for trade ins. If you're not trading you will probably do better but if you're car is 3/4 grand less than previously it would have been valued at then you're back to square one.
    There's nothing for nothing in this life usually.

What they give with one hand they take away with the other.,..
    Apr has gone up and sales guy told me at launch of the 5 they will be offering lot less for trade ins. If you're not trading you will probably do better but if you're car is 3/4 grand less than previously it would have been valued at then you're back to square one.
    There's nothing for nothing in this life usually.

I doubt they were being over generous with trade in values at any time so anyone who hands over there trade in for a sudden 4k less is a fool.

I've never found BMW dealers generous even with pushing but the sales guys told me that people coming in with 3 year old 5 series would be offered about 5 grand less than would have been the case for a 3 year old 5 last year regardless of the new model.
    Sterling was what they were blaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭sligo_dave

As great as the €4000 looks the 1% increase in the Apr on the PCP deal claws back almost €1000 immediately, based on max deposit, so even more on lower upfront deposit payment. If they done a 0% PCP deal it would have a similar saving to the current €4000 reduction. It's all relative. It's just another tactic to get people into showrooms.

So when trade in values are fluctuating it's directly related to market value. And I think if anyone is buying a brand new car they know they are going to lose money, it's just a matter of how much.

Regarding the whole debate regarding the value of sterling and cheaper to buy in from uk, odds are if uk leave the eu there will be additional import charges as there is for every other country outside Europe so that will balance that out. Yes the way it is right now give a better deal but in 3 years there will be an import tax if U.K. Leaves Europe. If they stay in Europe (not likely) they sterling will regain its previous strength eliminating the current deals in importing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Sterling has already gained a lot in last few weeks. Was around 1.1 at lowest and is now back at 1.195. That's almost and extra 10% gain, still a lot better than the 1.4 a year ago

Has anybody actually established that this 4K is available for the 330e yet?
    I'm guessing it is as can't see why they would treat it any different to the other models?
    I am surprised though you can't get it in x5,6 or 7 series.
    6 and 7 seem to depreciate very heavily.
    Bottom line with buying new cars is that it's always going to cost you a lot.

I think it was quite foolish of them to leave the gfv based on full retail when each and every car would be availing of the 7.5k grants.
    If a further 4k price drop is applied without them adjusting the gfv, I will eat my hat.
    Currently, the 5k portion of the grant is put into deposit making max deposit fro. Customer about 8k but counting as 13k. If the further contribution was to be put into deposit too, customer would only be looking at 4k deposit. In that type of situation, you wouldn't worry at all about having zero equity at end of term and it would be very much like the deals being offered in uk.
    With the glut of pcp cars coming back in in a few years, meaning a huge number of customers with no trade in our little deposit, I can only see more deals being put together with smaller initial deposit to enable sales.
    Back in 08, just after taking delivery of my new audi, they knocked a clean 5k off the list price of the A5. It is not nice and does somewhat take the shine off.

And that develops another problem. When these PCP deals mature the used car market is going to be hit with a lot of 3 year old cars coming back into dealers from PCP deals. If manufacturers are offering more incentives to buy new then who is going to buy these 3 year old ex PCP cars? And surely this influences future GFV figures too?

New cars and money to buy them just doesn't become cheap overnight, someone has to pay and it will be the customer, the only difference will be how and when. Pushing the can down the road as they say. Lets hope it doesn't end up like the last property bubble.

I'm just in Limerick dealer now and the 4K is available on the 330e, they also have just got one in today, so am going for a spin :-P

Is it a M Sport?

• Advertisement

Let us know what way they work the 4 k in to any deal especially if pcp.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they don't know what way to work it.

XsApollo wrote: »
    I'm just in Limerick dealer now and the 4K is available on the 330e, they also have just got one in today, so am going for a spin :-P

Back after my spin.
    The car is a sport not an MSport.
    Drives lovely, nice power, smooth and quiet.
    The poke on electric only was surprising, plenty for going around on short trips.

As for the price.
    I did no haggling i just wanted to see what kind of numbers i would be looking at.
    52,100 for an Msport which would work out 600euro a month without putting any cash in myself, using the 4000euro contribution and 5000 grant as deposit for pcp.

I could walk in and get a 330e sport without putting any of my own cash for 450euro a month on pcp using the 9000euro the same as above.

I was questioning him about how the 4k is used, is it taken off the price of the car or can it be used as deposit and he didn't understand what i was asking, there was no finance person there so they are ringing me back monday.

But the quotes above he said are correct.
    I can walk in with no money and walk out with a 330e sport for 450E a month or an Msport for 600E a month.

Then i said about trade in and he offered me 8600 euro for my 2010 Audi A6 sline
    with 170k kms, but the cars above were 2000euro dearer so in essence he offered me 6600euro for my Audi. :D:eek:

5k grant? Thought it was 7.5?

Bmw called me today and confirmed it applies to e model too.

So with no deposit you can have maintenance free motoring for 3 years for 16200 euro?
    M sport for 21600?

What's the gfmv on those deals?
    How long for delivery?
    Are you tempted?

Grant is 5k but there is vrt relief taken off the top of 2500 euro separately.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    5k grant? Thought it was 7.5?

Bmw called me today and confirmed it applies to e model too.

It is. They knocked 2.5k off the headline price and 5k into deposit.

If they are allowing 4k bmw contribution into deposit also, meaning zero deposit needed from customer and can drive an se for 450 per month, it's a great deal. You don't need to worry above value at end of year 3 at all. No cash up front at start. No cash equity at end. No loss there.
    Sell your car private, bank the cash and see what's needed in 3 years to get into next one.

• Advertisement

Did the quote include any options?
    Very hard to buy a BMW without adding some options even if just metallic as the cars can be bare without.options are at their cheapest on 330e due to the low vrt rate.
    You pay for these over 3 years on pcp and they push up the monthlies a lot.

Back after my spin.
    The car is a sport not an MSport.
    Drives lovely, nice power, smooth and quiet.
    The poke on electric only was surprising, plenty for going around on short trips.

As for the price.
    I did no haggling i just wanted to see what kind of numbers i would be looking at.
    52,100 for an Msport which would work out 600euro a month without putting any cash in myself, using the 4000euro contribution and 5000 grant as deposit for pcp.

I could walk in and get a 330e sport without putting any of my own cash for 450euro a month on pcp using the 9000euro the same as above.

I was questioning him about how the 4k is used, is it taken off the price of the car or can it be used as deposit and he didn't understand what i was asking, there was no finance person there so they are ringing me back monday.

But the quotes above he said are correct.
    I can walk in with no money and walk out with a 330e sport for 450E a month or an Msport for 600E a month.

Then i said about trade in and he offered me 8600 euro for my 2010 Audi A6 sline
    with 170k kms, but the cars above were 2000euro dearer so in essence he offered me 6600euro for my Audi. :D:eek:

Looking at this again. There appears to be a hole in your figures.
    I have an old quote for a 330e SE at 395 monthly plus 9k deposit from me plus the 5k rebate also going into deposit to make 14k total deposit.
    The new contribution would only reduce this deposit from 9k to 5k. You additional 55 euro per month only amounts to 2k so all being equal there would still be 3k customer deposit needed. If they have increased interest rate, that could be back up to 4 to 5k customer deposit and 450 per month.
    Are you sure there was not confusion re the figures because the way they present it, they show 9k as deposit while allowing 14k due to rebate.

I've just looked at my figures for pcp deal which is at 3.9 per cent and have to agree with Mickdw that the numbers thet you were given don't add up somewhere.

wouldn't surprise me that they got something wrong.
    They are my local dealer and when I enquired about the 330e last March they told me it didn't exist...
    Lo and behold, they looked on their configurator and there it was.
    they're nice lads though.

Just looking at the config here. Say retail price on car is 55k.
    Does this mean:
    55-5(grant)-2.5(Vrt)-4(contribution) leaving 43.5 is price of the car.

Is there then further negotiations to be had or is it that the "contribution" covers any discount you would have got previously? Or can you still squeeze more there?

Well I was questioning him that it sounds too good.
    I was asking about deposits and can the contribution be used as deposit.
    he didn't understand what I was asking.
    There the figures he came up with.
    I'll see on Monday

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Just looking at the config here. Say retail price on car is 55k.
    Does this mean:
    55-5(grant)-2.5(Vrt)-4(contribution) leaving 43.5 is price of the car.

Is there then further negotiations to be had or is it that the "contribution" covers any discount you would have got previously? Or can you still squeeze more there?

Depends on if you are going pcp or not.
    If you are they put the 5k and 4k into the deposit and leave the retail at 52.5k.
    If you are paying all up front then the 5k comes off as well leaving it at 47.7k and I am not sure about the other 4k as it is supposed to be a "deposit contribution" but I have a feeling this may be more flexible than the website says. If so then 43.5k which is good value and I bet there would indeed be more off for a straight deal.

Looking at this again. There appears to be a hole in your figures.
    I have an old quote for a 330e SE at 395 monthly plus 9k deposit from me plus the 5k rebate also going into deposit to make 14k total deposit.
    The new contribution would only reduce this deposit from 9k to 5k. You additional 55 euro per month only amounts to 2k so all being equal there would still be 3k customer deposit needed. If they have increased interest rate, that could be back up to 4 to 5k customer deposit and 450 per month.
    Are you sure there was not confusion re the figures because the way they present it, they show 9k as deposit while allowing 14k due to rebate.

Do you know what the GFMV was on that quote.
    I went in to check that and didn't actually find out.
    Considering a GFMV of 20k then the figures are proabably out.

I have the numbers for the MSport.
    No GFMV tho.
    So 52100E for the MSport
    All contributions total 11,500.
    And 600 a month is 21600.
    So that's 33100e paid.
    If the GFMV on the MSport is give or take 23000e then that's a total of 56100e payable.
    Do those numbers sound right or am I missing something ?

Do you know what the GFMV was on that quote.
    I went in to check that and didn't actually find out.
    Considering a GFMV of 20k then the figures are proabably out.

21760 on the se
    I figure they have counted the 5k rebate twice in your case.
    Basically. 14k deposit but shown as 9k customer deposit allowing the rebate right there. Salesman may then have seen 9k deposit and thought 5k rebate and 4k contribution meaning no customer deposit needed.

Gfv 24,243 on the msport again old quote with a retail of 53550 with 3.9 percent interest costing 3551 with max deposit.

I ninja edited the above post for MSport numbers.

I ninja edited the above post for MSport numbers.

I suspect the gfv may have reduced. Allowing a gfv of 24k on a car that really costs 41k is madness on their behalf. That's a retained value of 58 percent at year 3.

• Advertisement

Well it's only 41K for a few months. :-P

If the GFV didn't change then it sounds right.
    I'll check that Monday.

Well it's only 41K for a few months. :-P

If the GFV didn't change then it sounds right.
    I'll check that Monday.

I'd love to see the full quote. I mean these cars were good value anyway with the grants. My biggest fear was that it would be an old model in 3 years and equity would suffer.
    If your figures are right, and no deposit is needed, well i wouldnt worry at all about resale and just be prepared to walk away.

On the m sport quote there is 2.5 k missing in the deposit unless that is a further discount being given by the dealer for cash they are throwing in. But I would have thought they would take that off the cars retail price.
    When I bought mine I agreed a trade in price that was above the odds against the car and got the figures for pcp.
    When it came to the final deal they were able to play with the figures reducing the retail price of the car and giving me back slightly less cash but meaning I put less in and had lower monthly payments but the gfmv was the same.

I agree with mick though the less you put in the less you care about residual but I think Bmw are like Audi very optimistic with their gfmv

Jesus, maybe I'm old fashioned but when you break down the figures, paying up to 600 per month renting a car and nothing to show for it after 3 years just seems crazy to me.

.........I think Bmw are like Audi very optimistic with their gfmv

I think Audi have themselves well covered, their GFMV are not at all high IMO.

When you say it like that Bazz it does seem crazy but I would say that you're essentially paying for the depreciation over 3 years.Any 50 grand car will easily lose 21 odd grand over 3 years whether you own it outright or not.
    I've always owned my cars from day one and paid for them but decided to try pcp this time and keep my cash but may still pay it off early if I'm keeping it long term.
    At the end of the day it's just another way of having use of it. I think you pay either way really.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I noticed a few posters mention that they are deducting the dealer contribution from the deposit they would have been paying rather that the OTR price of the car.

I've been talking to 2 dealers over the past few days and both have taken the contribution off the retail price.

Is it at the discretion of the dealer how they deal with it?

tatumkelly wrote: »

Is it at the discretion of the dealer how they deal with it?

I'd have thought not....perhaps the dealer training is lacking? "Typical Finance Example: BMW 118i SE. Full OTR €30,760. Offer is made under a 37 month BMW Select (Hire Purchase Agreement) available through BMW Financial Services and is subject to terms. Customer Deposit of €5,728 and purchase contribution of €3,500.............."

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd have thought not....perhaps the dealer training is lacking? "Typical Finance Example: BMW 118i SE. Full OTR €30,760. Offer is made under a 37 month BMW Select (Hire Purchase Agreement) available through BMW Financial Services and is subject to terms. Customer Deposit of €5,728 and purchase contribution of €3,500.............."

Thanks for that. I asked both dealers why the weren't taking it off the deposit and their answer was 'that's not how it works'.

Did you pick that up on BMW.ie? It's a lot more favourable for the contribution to go towards deposit than off the OTR price.

• Advertisement

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I asked both dealers why the weren't taking it off the deposit and their answer was 'that's not how it works'.

Did you pick that up on BMW.ie? It's a lot more favourable for the contribution to go towards deposit than off the OTR price.

Was Joe Duffy & some dealer in Tip or wexford I think. Both of their 2017 economics links open to the same speel.... :)

http://www.bmw.ie/bmw-economics.html

If you click on the "I" after the APR on each model the typical example detail is there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement