Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your really looking at the UK for most of that stuff. Have you asked a BMW dealer about bringing one in for you if you have a car to trade or want the warranty? With the exchange rate good again they might do it if they know they have a customer lined up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I figure an Irish BMW dealer bringing one in for you will kill any saving.

A few years ago I asked a BMW dealer to source a used 530d for me.
    They came back with the same cars I was finding on the BMW approved UK site and added about 5 grand for the privelege of buying it from an Irish dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

carsfan2 wrote: »

They came back with the same cars I was finding on the BMW approved UK site and added about 5 grand for the privelege of buying it from an Irish dealer.

See, there's no such thing as a greedy dealer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

@ Bazz - Thought of it but as has been mentioned, they'd probably use it as a method for taking the piss. I do have a few people who would do it for me alright, how much they make on the deal would be my issue. ;)

Gonna get a price on mine next week from someone who bought my 5 series from me, will see how that works out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The warranty is also upgraded to 2 years but 5 grand is taking the piss.
    I remember pricing a 2012 530D touring last week and it was coming in at 27K with VRT..not a chance you'd get one for less than 35k in this country..if it existed.

• Advertisement

This is a classic example. This exact car is probably €35,000 tops from the UK. But it's only down the road and they can probably take a trade in.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/6-series/used-2012-983571983515-dublin-fpa-2891188948164669207

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

MarkN wrote: »
    This is a classic example. This exact car is probably €35,000 tops from the UK. But it's only down the road and they can probably take a trade in.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/6-series/used-2012-983571983515-dublin-fpa-2891188948164669207

Beautiful car!

Beautiful car!

Just off the phone with BMW warranty, I didn't know you can purchase a policy on any random BMW whether in a dealership or not. Obviously I was aware of other companies covering them but thought the car had to be new and expiring or Premium Selection but that's not the case. So a full warranty on that 640D isn't mad money at all.

Gonna go over tomorrow and have a look.

It was back in 2010 and would have been the e60 model. The dealer said it costs them 2 grand to pay BMW ireland to put an Irish warranty on it and they had transportation costs and profit to make when I queried the price I was quoted.
    In the end I was boring and ordered a f10 520d.

Gonna go over tomorrow and have a look.

Let us know how you get on, think it's the perfect colour/combo on them as well as great spec. Interior very similar to my f10 and I actually LOVE those msport steering wheels, the later ones changed and had chrome trim etc. on them and not as nice.

It really is the perfect car, go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I think a realistic good deal of your 6 against the new 640d would be you handing over €20,000 difference. Dunno if they'd take it though.

That's a beautiful 640d coupe.

I was going to say they will want 22k to 25k for that with your own.20 seems a good deal but unlikely in my opinion.

There's a mirror image of that one on Parkers.co.uk for £22,500, 60k miles. Considering selling his own privately, there's big savings to be made over the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

That car is my dream!!

Not much room for negotiation with that dealer IME. I looked at a nearly new 4 series in Dec 2015, wasn't trading and they wouldn't budge on the list price. Car was still sitting in their forecourt in Dec 16. Seems to be gone now though.

There's a mirror image of that one on Parkers.co.uk for £22,500, 60k miles. Considering selling his own privately, there's big savings to be made over the water.

The miles are very low on the Stillorgan one that's what really sparked my interest. At their asking price, even factoring in bringing it in from the UK (which they did this week) there has to be some wiggle room. I couldn't do it at 25. I'll hold off and wait to pounce in the UK myself if that's the cost of change.

tatumkelly wrote: »
    That car is my dream!!

Not much room for negotiation with that dealer IME. I looked at a nearly new 4 series in Dec 2015, wasn't trading and they wouldn't budge on the list price. Car was still sitting in their forecourt in Dec 16. Seems to be gone now though.

That's madness. I know every instance is difference, but I wouldn't be happy without leaving without at least 5% off a dealer price. Sounds like they'd do you on a trade in so.

That's madness. I know every instance is difference, but I wouldn't be happy without leaving without at least 5% off a dealer price. Sounds like they'd do you on a trade in so.

It was a pity because it was a stunning high spec coupe but I wasn't in love with the take it or leave it attitude.

Hopefully they'll play ball on that 6 series... she deserves a good home!

21k & my car. Lovely car, F13 much more refined than E63, quieter, bigger, smoother, everything'er.

I dunno lads, lot of wedge.

Any movement on that price at all from them? Realistically you're coming up 4 years to a newer model so 5k a year in relative terms is about right but as you say it's still a lot of wedge. A BMW dealer would want a lot more for the same car however. I also think you wouldn't be happy spending more on a 420d GC despite it being brand new.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Any movement on that price at all from them? Realistically you're coming up 4 years to a newer model so 5k a year in relative terms is about right but as you say it's still a lot of wedge. A BMW dealer would want a lot more for the same car however. I also think you wouldn't be happy spending more on a 420d GC despite it being brand new.

Said he might be able to go a bit more to cover the tax on it. I reckon if I said I'll do the deal here and now at €1,000 more he might just go for it.

Can't really argue with the cost of change anyway, it is what it is. I just need to see if I want to be down about €80 a week. It's not stretching myself but it would be a lot per month on a car.

• Advertisement

Yep, it may come to down to a heart v head decision.

That's a good price really. Certainly better than I thought
    What's the history with the car?

That's a good price really. Certainly better than I thought
    What's the history with the car?

Full BMW history, all four wheels need a refurb, doesn't seem to be a mark on it apart from that. I didn't ask too many questions as I wasn't sure if I wanted to get attached or not :)

Main thing to compare it to now is, I may not be far off the monthly cost of a new 520d on PCP especially with the 5k contribution etc

I have to say, I got back into my own car and didn't feel like I was in a much older car that I couldn't look at properly now that I'd sat in the new model. There's been many times that has happened and there was no going back once I'd had the test drive.

It might be the same price on pcp but a 520d is a world away from a car like that 640d.
    I think the cost to change is realistic enough to move up 4 years to the newer model with less miles but really you have to want it to do it.

I have to say, I got back into my own car and didn't feel like I was in a much older car that I couldn't look at properly now that I'd sat in the new model. There's been many times that has happened and there was no going back once I'd had the test drive.

I had the exact same feeling stepping back into the 740 after the 6 GC test drive, genuinely frig all of a difference. More modern styling on the 6, but not necessarily better. In fact I found the 6 GC more sport orientated and notably less luxurious.

€21k is a decent price, €20k is an excellent price.

As the owner of a F10 520d and being a passenger in a F13 640d, there is no comparison other than both would cost you the same to buy. In saying that it will boil down to whether your head rules your heart or vice versa. Best of luck with what you decide to do.

I've driven both albeit the 640 was a gran coupe and they felt similar but the new model is a lot more contemporary inside and smoother/refined. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your current 635 and it's not a giant step up. 5k a year is reasonable value though. You would hardly get that in a Passat.

This really is a decision only you can make at the end of the day but I can't see you being happy in a 420d either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Might be best to create a new thread for the 4 and 6 series? Keep this one about the 330e? (at least until a 430e comes out).

I have to say, I got back into my own car and didn't feel like I was in a much older car that I couldn't look at properly now that I'd sat in the new model.

That's your answer then :)

If I was spending €21k I'd be buying the 640d, no way would I buy the 3 or 4 series.

I'd say drive what you have and enjoy it. When I bought my f10 I paid a deposit there and then I knew I wanted it. If you didn't get that feeling I'd say walk away.

• Advertisement

just got an email from Murphy and Gunn and it looks like the contribution has been extended. They also quote 4.9%apr for all models and there's 4k off the new incoming G30 5 series.

Does it say how long until?

Think I read on thread regarding sales figures that BMW have tanked this year so I'm not surprised if they extend the offers.
    Anecdotally however they seem to be offering very poor trade ins which in effect negates this discount.

Any further thoughts overnight on the 640d Markn?

Does it say how long until?

just says limited time but there's a catch I just saw...vehicles must be orderd and delivered by 31st march 2017. The G30 won't be on sale before then hardly?

That's the same as the original offer.
    G30 will be here in February and many have already been ordered apparently.
    The dealers will have plenty coming in for stock too.

That's the same as the original offer.
    G30 will be here in February and many have already been ordered apparently.
    The dealers will have plenty coming in for stock too.

well people was being quoted 7.9% apr for the 330e so this looks like it reverses that which is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Blazer wrote: »
    well people was being quoted 7.9% apr for the 330e so this looks like it reverses that which is good.

I doubt it tbh.

bastards..I'd be seriously considering it otherwise..I have a F10 525D but my mileage is only around 15k km a year now so the 330e is well suited to me :)

bastards..I'd be seriously considering it otherwise..I have a F10 525D but my mileage is only around 15k km a year now so the 330e is well suited to me :)

Very hard to go from a 5 series to a 3 series though? I couldn't do it...

just says limited time but there's a catch I just saw...vehicles must be orderd and delivered by 31st march 2017. The G30 won't be on sale before then hardly?

Dealers have demos already, they're half wrapped in stickers that you see on production cars where spy shots have been taken. Available for test drive though. I've pictures on my phone but was told not to put anywhere. FK and M&G both have one anyway!

Any further thoughts overnight on the 640d Markn?

As much as I'd love to go for it, I'd be doubling my monthly repayment and I'm just not as crazy as I used to be when it comes to spending insane money on cars every month. It really is a lovely car though, head is wrecked.

• Advertisement

Very hard to go from a 5 series to a 3 series though? I couldn't do it...

All depends on the gadgets I think :)
    Mine doesn't even have bluetooth streaming and I was thinking of getting the nbt retrofit from Germaniks..decisions decisions :)

All depends on the gadgets I think :)
    Mine doesn't even have bluetooth streaming and I was thinking of getting the nbt retrofit from Germaniks..decisions decisions :)

I'm assuming the 5 series is better kitted out than a 3 series in terms of standard spec...

My f10 has every toy id ever want, other than electric folding mirrors :o

I'm assuming the 5 series is better kitted out than a 3 series in terms of standard spec...

i had to settle for less gadgets to get the 3litre :) I'm using a pink 3.5mm cable for the aux in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

As much as I'd love to go for it, I'd be doubling my monthly repayment and I'm just not as crazy as I used to be when it comes to spending insane money on cars every month. It really is a lovely car though, head is wrecked.

If you think about it Mark, if you got €18k private sale for yours (which would make it great value to a buyer) and then got one out of the UK for €35k, only a €17k cost to change - a big difference!

bf wrote: »
    If you think about it Mark, if you got €18k private sale for yours (which would make it great value to a buyer) and then got one out of the UK for €35k, only a €17k cost to change - a big difference!

That's kinda my way of thinking too. They're going nowhere, sterling may not stay where it is but here's hoping. I've always fancied the idea of the drive to Holyhead in my new car and I've never done it before so we'll see.

My 4 series is due any day now & I was thinking the other day about electric folding mirrors. I don't recall seeing them as an option on the list of extras in the dealership. There's a thread on Bimmerfest that seems to imply that all you have to do is get your key programmed? Is that right or are they special mirrors?!

Not sure about the 4, but historically folding mirrors from BMW are a completely different, more expensive motorised unit and need a lot more than programming to work, including different mirrors, door modules and interior panel switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just looking at UK 330e. Assuming outside of requirement to pay vat here, it would appear you could have a 2016 se with 7k miles here with vrt paid for under 34000 euro and an Msport for about 37500.
    vrt is tiny as they drop the 2500 rebate of it. €3760 vrt the calculator comes up with on a market value of circa 45k.

tatumkelly wrote: »
    My 4 series is due any day now & I was thinking the other day about electric folding mirrors. I don't recall seeing them as an option on the list of extras in the dealership. There's a thread on Bimmerfest that seems to imply that all you have to do is get your key programmed? Is that right or are they special mirrors?!

They are on the options list @ €436 extra on the 4 Series and available on the bmw website configurator:

https://www.bmw.ie/en/ssl/configurator.html#/Z4FH/FLCLX,S02H2,S04FU,S07S2,S02TB,S0812,S0431,S08R9,S06WA,S02PA,S0230,S0575,S0258,S02VB,S0494,S0534,S02XM,S0423,S0521,S08S3,S0522,S04NE,S0544,S0563,S06NH,S01CB,S0609,S06AP,S05DA,S06AN,S06AM,S03DZ,S08TG,S06AK,S0481,S0428,S0508,S0654,S0302,S0502/config/OPTIONS/

The power folding mirrors come with the auto tilting and anti dazzle feature included, there is additional motorised components and wiring involved so it is not just a matter of coding the existing non folding mirrors. Have them on my 5 Series and they are dead handy if your parallel parking next to a kerb or parking in a tight spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

mickdw wrote: »
    Just looking at UK 330e. Assuming outside of requirement to pay vat here, it would appear you could have a 2016 se with 7k miles here with vrt paid for under 34000 euro and an Msport for about 37500.
    vrt is tiny as they drop the 2500 rebate of it. €3760 vrt the calculator comes up with on a market value of circa 45k.

What's the purchase price in STG to arrive at that figure?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement