Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

carsfan2 wrote: »
    This guy will give you the 4k contribution at least,seems keen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07EBjhLmylE

yep at least he knows what's what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bought my current and previous car from them. As main dealers go they are decent to deal with.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Bought my current and previous car from them. As main dealers go they are decent to deal with.

Its says something about the standard of some sales people when a youtube video offers more clarity than sitting down face to face with sales man.
    This video didn't tell use anything new, but he covered a fair bit of info, clearly going through the grants available and very helpfully explaining that they look after grants, getting access to public charging etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Interesting. I bought our i3 from them. Had to apply for the wall box and charge car ourselves, no help from them. Had many bad experiences with that dealer over the years. Especially with my old mini. I've paid for fixes that weren't needed (my lack of knowledge was taken advantage of), they've wiggled their way to not fix a warranty issue until the car was out of warranty (that'll be €5000 now sir), and too many other to mention.

The only reason I bought the i3 was that it was a great deal. A lot of mini enthusiasts I know will travel all the way to Morrisons to avoid stepping through those doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

TBi wrote: »
    Interesting. I bought our i3 from them. Had to apply for the wall box and charge car ourselves, no help from them. Had many bad experiences with that dealer over the years. Especially with my old mini. I've paid for fixes that weren't needed (my lack of knowledge was taken advantage of), they've wiggled their way to not fix a warranty issue until the car was out of warranty (that'll be €5000 now sir), and too many other to mention.

The only reason I bought the i3 was that it was a great deal. A lot of mini enthusiasts I know will travel all the way to Morrisons to avoid stepping through those doors.

I presume they've got their act together now for selling plug ins and do arrangements as he said.
    Probably they didn't know what was entailed.
    When I bought mine I had to do everything myself and nudge the dealer along to get sorted for the grant etc. As mine was the first they had done.

Funny we all have different experiences at dealers.it really seems to depend on who you meet there.
    I had to use kearys a few years ago when the BMW dealer in Limerick went bust and we had none and they were very good. However they were being paid by BMW for warranty work so went out of their way to get jobs included as I reckon they were very quiet in the midst of the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Batfink69

I presume they've got their act together now for selling plug ins and do arrangements as he said.
    Probably they didn't know what was entailed.
    When I bought mine I had to do everything myself and nudge the dealer along to get sorted for the grant etc. As mine was the first they had done.

Funny we all have different experiences at dealers.it really seems to depend on who you meet there.
    I had to use kearys a few years ago when the BMW dealer in Limerick went bust and we had none and they were very good. However they were being paid by BMW for warranty work so went out of their way to get jobs included as I reckon they were very quiet in the midst of the recession.

The dealer can only sort the seai and VRT rebates. When they have this in process they get a grant number which the customer needs to apply for the wall socket and ESB charging card. The customer needs to make this application as there's household specific questions, distance to fuse box etc. You sign off to say you own the land/have permission from landlord for the install. The same form covers you for the ESB card as well but I had to chase up the card and the socket install.

Hope this clarifies

TBi wrote: »

Interesting that indeed as I never had a good experience with Morrisons and they are closer to me than Keary's. Conlan's are closer again but couldn't deal with their figures when it came to buying which were on a different planet to other dealers, I do get my car serviced there and that side of their business has been superb in my experience.

Just goes to show that there are lots of random factors built into a customer's experience.

I've gone with Morissons last two cars and found them good generally and very proactive.
    Recommended them to a friend who was ordering an x5 last year, he rang them twice and they never returned his call...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

So has anyone went ahead and bought one of these on PCP?

Or does anybody know for certain what the APR on pcp is?

• Advertisement

It's 7.9 percent on the 330e with the 4k contribution - basically taking it back via interest. you would end up paying over 7k interest most likely.
    Far too high of rate.

Car manufacturers playing with figures really and some buyers not looking beyond what it's costing them per month rather than overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Yea it's ridiculous.
    Could probably be a nice seller if they weren't taking the piss like that.

Anyway there is a 161 sport advertised in BMW Athlone for E33995 which is reasonable I think.
    No photos or Mileage tho.... so mightent be reasonable :-P

XsApollo wrote: »
    Yea it's ridiculous.
    Could probably be a nice seller if they weren't taking the piss like that.

Anyway there is a 161 sport advertised in BMW Athlone for E33995 which is reasonable I think.
    No photos or Mileage tho.... so mightent be reasonable :-P

yep that is getting more realistic considering a sport would be 40k new after grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

Well I've had mine a couple of weeks now. Very happy overall. Love the smoothness and power. It's happy to cruise around in town and great on the motorway too. You do have to think about your journey to get the best out of the car though. I have the Msport + pack on mine on 19's and upgraded brakes. Surprisingly good ride and brakes work when you need them very well. At low braking it's basically the regen system so when people complain about being a bit soggy it's just a feature of the car. If you need them, they are available. As a new BMW driver I find the I drive thingie a bit too much though. Still haven't worked out how to put in multiple destinations in the satnav.

Question for others. Can't get the BMW connected app to work. It knows the car but just simply won't let me register my details and use it. Their support is through the UK and wash their hands of me.. anyone know a contact here to help me? One further q, I got no details in writing of the warranty or the servicing pack, is this correct?

For those of you sitting on the fence, go for it, it's a great car. But don't overpay for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

• Advertisement

Hi Moe
    I found that registering on BMW connected drive with my e mail on the pc first meant that it was easy to just enter those details into the app and was fine for use then.
    Best thing on the app is finding locations and then sending them to the car so destination already entered when you get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

Moe1013 wrote: »
    Well I've had mine a couple of weeks now. Very happy overall. Love the smoothness and power. It's happy to cruise around in town and great on the motorway too. You do have to think about your journey to get the best out of the car though. I have the Msport + pack on mine on 19's and upgraded brakes. Surprisingly good ride and brakes work when you need them very well. At low braking it's basically the regen system so when people complain about being a bit soggy it's just a feature of the car. If you need them, they are available. As a new BMW driver I find the I drive thingie a bit too much though. Still haven't worked out how to put in multiple destinations in the satnav.

Question for others. Can't get the BMW connected app to work. It knows the car but just simply won't let me register my details and use it. Their support is through the UK and wash their hands of me.. anyone know a contact here to help me? One further q, I got no details in writing of the warranty or the servicing pack, is this correct?

For those of you sitting on the fence, go for it, it's a great car. But don't overpay for it!

When I submitted a query on the app (basically that the Android app is absolute crap and doesn't work) I got a reply back from this guy (saying that a new version will be released in Q1 2017). Worth giving him a try.

"Paul
    BMW Group
    Ireland
    Paul Watson
    Customer Service Executive
    2 Swift Square
    Santry Demesne
    Santry
    Dublin 9
    Ireland

Tel : 1890 719421
    Mail: (customerservices@bmw.ie)"

Got a message back from BMW Ireland re the price of the 530e.

The se model will be 55050 euro on the road after the 7.5 k grants so 62550 before relief.
    Prices will be up on the website soon apparently.
    Bit more than I expected. I thought would be similar to 520d price.

Might offer it at similar monthly and deposit to 520d if they take the piss in a similar fashion re gfv and work the percentages off the full retail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

The se model will be 55050 euro on the road after the 7.5 k grants so 62550 before relief.

I think you have to compare it to the 530i, it is very close to that car in a many ways. You would really have to question why anybody would buy a 530i over a 530e now?

• Advertisement

Funnily enough I know a guy picked up a new 530i m sport last week.
    Have to say it looks excellent. Comes with 19" alloys and blue m sport brakes as standard.

The 530e comes with better standard spec than 520 d :metallic and 18" alloys.
    They categorise it with 530i/d so has the same enhanced spec.
    A 520 d with metallic and 18" alloys is more expensive just about.

I wonder will they keep the contributions going after march?
    I think the Mercedes 10% was ending end of February so may depend on what they do.

Funnily enough I know a guy picked up a new 530i m sport last week.
    Have to say it looks excellent. Comes with 19" alloys and blue m sport brakes as standard.

The 530e comes with better standard spec than 520 d :metallic and 18" alloys.
    They categorise it with 530i/d so has the same enhanced spec.
    A 520 d with metallic and 18" alloys is more expensive just about.

I wonder will they keep the contributions going after march?
    I think the Mercedes 10% was ending end of February so may depend on what they do.

If the €4k was included as part of it, would be very tempting indeed. Problem will be then that you will get nothing when you trade in of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Is that not similar to 520d? Thought they were about the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

bmwguy wrote: »
    Is that not similar to 520d? Thought they were about the same

Pretty much. The G30 520d is starting at €52,800 OTR. So €2.2k more for a better spec better performance 530e.

Still think there is a long way to go before the middle classes abandon their 520d's for plug in hybrids.
    While I am sold on their merits I think the general public are not.

No point pretending it would suit everyone but you are right, there is surely a fair percentage of 520d buyers who it would suit perfectly.

There needs to be a real big incentive to shift buying habits, similar to 2008 when there was a huge shift to buying diesel. Range limitations and charging point infrastructure are probably the biggest things holding these PHEVs back at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Electric only range looks to be noticeably less with the 530e compared to the 330e.

Just did a quick build on the UK site, for the spec i'd want its big bucks so i'm out for now. :(

Electric only range looks to be noticeably less with the 530e compared to the 330e.

Just did a quick build on the UK site, for the spec i'd want its big bucks so i'm out for now. :(

I thought electric only range was improved over 330e?
    About 50 km. think it has slightly bigger battery.

Really? This conflicting information online is getting annoying, again i'm 99% certain some reviewer/article said it was only about 22km.

• Advertisement

Yes, NEDC range for the 530e is 5km more than the 330e (45km vs 40km)
    330e's pack is 7.6kWh and the 530e is 9.2kWh (NOTE: that's nameplate capacity not usable)

EPA cycle range for the 330e is 22.5km. EPA range is regularly beaten in real-world Irish conditions because the EPA cycle includes motorway speeds with the AC cranked up etc.

Just saw the new 5 on the road for the first time.
    No doubt it's a 5 series but I thought it was stunning. Looked longer and sleeker than the outgoing.

mickdw wrote: »
    Just saw the new 5 on the road for the first time.
    No doubt it's a 5 series but I thought it was stunning. Looked longer and sleeker than the outgoing.

Saw 530d x drive m sport yesterday. Looked great in moonstone blue.
    I think that would be some all rounder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

cros13 wrote: »
    330e's pack is 7.6kWh and the 530e is 9.2kWh (NOTE: that's nameplate capacity not usable)

EPA cycle range for the 330e is 22.5km. EPA range is regularly beaten in real-world Irish conditions because the EPA cycle includes motorway speeds with the AC cranked up etc.

Overall it looks like the 530e might be the best value 5 series and pound for pound better value than the 330e. Will they bring a touring?

Once demand matches supply in UK and used prices fall these 330e and 530e's will imported in droves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

cros13 wrote: »

Overall it looks like the 530e might be the best value 5 series and pound for pound better value than the 330e. Will they bring a touring?

Once demand matches supply in UK and used prices fall these 330e and 530e's will imported in droves

Casati wrote: »

Over the next three-four years BMW plans to have a PHEV option for all models & bodystyles. They are also planning to hit an average 100km NEDC electric range for PHEVs with the next major version of every platform.

I know there is a 540e and a 4-series on the cards in the immediate future. Samsung SDI (who provide the cells for the 330e and 530e) have a new factory in Hungary with production hitting full swing in Q1 2018.
    I'd expect both the 330e and 530e to be production limited with reasonably long delays until that gets going. Launch of any new models might be delayed for the same reason.

There is a new x3 coming out in the summer and that will have a plug in hybrid version too apparently.
    I didn't think there was a 4 series coming out however.
    Demand seems to be exceeding supply for the existing models and they may be limited in capacity re batteries.

4 Series uses the same drive train as the 3 Series so it should not be too difficult to engineer a 430e.

There is a new x3 coming out in the summer and that will have a plug in hybrid version too apparently.

And a full electric 300-400km range X3 on that new platform. But not until 2019/2020.
    4 Series uses the same drive train as the 3 Series so it should not be too difficult to engineer a 430e.

Yes and the 330e uses the same B48 combustion engine as the 320i & 330i. The chiptuners are already boosting the output of the combustion engine on the 330e to 330i levels. An official 340e & 440e trim would be easy enough.

• Advertisement

I would be very tempted to chip tune if I keep the car after warranty period.
    Would turn a swift car into a fast car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Hilarious. Joe Duffy offered me €16,000/17 for a better condition, lower mileage example (albeit a year older) and here they are trying to bend someone over for €25,000 for a 2009. No doubt they got a shocking trade in on this too.

33210727325_a332f8d3f3.jpg

MarkN wrote: »
    Hilarious. Joe Duffy offered me €16,000/17 for a better condition, lower mileage example (albeit a year older) and here they are trying to bend someone over for €25,000 for a 2009. No doubt they got a shocking trade in on this too.

They want it at both ends at the moment, poor trade ins because of the prices in the U.K. and even worse trade ins is buying new as they are trying to get a bit of the discount BMW are offering them. It's no wonder their sales are so poor this year.

I'm sure the 17k trade in was against retail price too so you could assume a real 15k offered.
    This crap makes me wary of buying a relatively new car again. You are at their mercy at anything over 10k really as hard sold private at high prices.
    I wonder is their a business opportunity for someone to create a sales outlet where relatively new cars are bought and sold with just a commission and the cost of 3rd party warranty where required. Dealer would not hold any stock just list people's cars.
    Minimal service offered but at least clear title etc. Wouldn't have the fear of buying private and finance would be available too.

mickdw wrote: »
    I'm sure the 17k trade in was against retail price too so you could assume a real 15k offered.
    This crap makes me wary of buying a relatively new car again. You are at their mercy at anything over 10k really as hard sold private at high prices.
    I wonder is their a business opportunity for someone to create a sales outlet where relatively new cars are bought and sold with just a commission and the cost of 3rd party warranty where required. Dealer would not hold any stock just list people's cars.
    Minimal service offered but at least clear title etc. Wouldn't have the fear of buying private and finance would be available too.

The likes of Beshoff Motors would sometimes operate like that. Selling on behalf of a customer etc

Hopefully people will cope on and not just accept these low ball trade-in offers. As I said previously, a year or two of slim sales might bring them someway back to their senses rather than carrying on like Celtic Tiger estate agents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

MarkN wrote: »

Is yours an 08 Mark? Surely if they have an 09 for 25k, it will be probably sell for 23-24k.

What's the most they could get for yours?
    Assuming like for like (i know you said yours is better condition and lower mileage) an 08 would go on the forecourt beside that one for 22k and sell for maybe 20k?

However, I agree people are getting absolutely ridden by dealers trading in newish stuff.

Would anyone pay over €18k-20k for an '08 6 series now? Plenty of sub 80k mile offerings in the UK for under £13k.

VRT looks to be €5k.

Would anyone pay over €18k-20k for an '08 6 series now? Plenty of sub 80k mile offerings in the UK for under £13k.

VRT looks to be €5k.

18-20 fair, 15, taking the whizz. They can't even claim they would have to put the AUC warranty on it as a BMW dealer probably wouldn't retail a 2008 6 series at this stage, same reason they're not retailing that 2009 under the BMW side of Duffy's.

BMW AUC warranty only applies to cars upto 5/6 years old with less than 150,000km afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

BMW AUC warranty only applies to cars upto 5/6 years with less than 150,000km afaik.

upto 6 years with less than 100k miles.
    I got my 2010 525d last year with 90k on the cloc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement