Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

digiman wrote: »
    Are they charging for the Mondello trip? I done it last year and enjoyed it, only pity was they had no petrol cars to drive on the track, all were x20d cars which was a pity.

I see frank Keane have a nicely speced 162 430d with no miles for €51k. Seems like a great deal to be fair, I wouldn't have been shocked if it was €61k actually.

This 430d GC caught my eye the other day and is a bit cheaper, would still have the bones of 2 year BMW warranty on it too:

http://www.carsireland.ie/car-dealers/county/dublin/beshoff-motors/detail.php?ad_id=1688849&r=s.php%3F%26g%3D0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

bazz26 wrote: »
    This 430d GC caught my eye the other day and is a bit cheaper, would still have the bones of 2 year BMW warranty on it too:

http://www.carsireland.ie/car-dealers/county/dublin/beshoff-motors/detail.php?ad_id=1688849&r=s.php%3F%26g%3D0

I went out there a few weeks ago and was told that car was just sold that day. Appears to be still there now anyway, decent value alright for an xdrive as well

mickdw wrote: »
    I had a dealer that I hadn't contacted for months call after 6 this evening trying to shift a 330e before end of the month and said there would be significant discount available. The 2 he has in stock wouldn't suit though.
    I see the new 'deals' are up on website. I see the 5 series for example has 2k off now but with a better interest rate so in reality if financing with bmw, there is no difference between this deal and the earlier 4k off.

The new deals are much worse, contributions gone for a 3 series and free servicing it seems also. 4 series went up in price by about €2k but they dropped the contribution from €5k to €4K and again free servicing is gone with the interest rate staying at 4.9%. Has anyone got a better rate of them when buying a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Slightly surprised they have worsened the "deals" considering sales levels but maybe they're doing better than I thought.
    I wonder if the interest rate on the 330e has reduced to 4.9 to as they had that at a higher level of 7.8 I seem to remember.

Digiman did you get a trade in price recently from any BMW dealer.
    Had heard they were being extremely low on values negating a lot of the "deal" anyway.
    Guy I know went in last week and was told the deals were halving but they would give him more for his trade in leaving him in a similar position overall.

On a seperate note I read an article recently that said list prices for cars are irrelevant now anyway and that what matters is the deposit and the monthly price as this is how more and more people want to buy their cars.
    So if the contribution reduces but so do the interest rates it's swings and roundabouts.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Slightly surprised they have worsened the "deals" considering sales levels but maybe they're doing better than I thought.
    I wonder if the interest rate on the 330e has reduced to 4.9 to as they had that at a higher level of 7.8 I seem to remember.

Digiman did you get a trade in price recently from any BMW dealer.
    Had heard they were being extremely low on values negating a lot of the "deal" anyway.
    Guy I know went in last week and was told the deals were halving but they would give him more for his trade in leaving him in a similar position overall.

On a seperate note I read an article recently that said list prices for cars are irrelevant now anyway and that what matters is the deposit and the monthly price as this is how more and more people want to buy their cars.
    So if the contribution reduces but so do the interest rates it's swings and roundabouts.

I've not got any trade in prices recently, was over a year ago since I got one. I doubt I'll buy new again though. Have to become more sensible now!!

That 162 estoril blue 430d in frank Keanes seems cheaper than others in bmw network and has a nice spec alright.
    New new seems mad when cars like that are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

That 162 estoril blue 430d in frank Keanes seems cheaper than others in bmw network and has a nice spec alright.
    New new seems mad when cars like that are available.

Had a look at it today, it's lovely. Too many people with sales guys so I left.

When I was changing last year I would have gone 430d if cars at this price were available. It was a toss up between 430d and 330e
    That spec 430 gc would have been low 60's usually.
    It will be snapped up as it's cheaper than some 420d's even.

When I was changing last year I would have gone 430d if cars at this price were available. It was a toss up between 430d and 330e

If only that car had comfort access and a head up display, but was thinking yesterday I could live without it but keyless entry is just so handy I'm not fully sure.

• Advertisement

If only that car had comfort access and a head up display, but was thinking yesterday I could live without it but keyless entry is just so handy I'm not fully sure.

I've gone from comfort access before in last two cars and loved it. Within a week forgot about it as you still have keyless go anyway.
    Head up display I never had. Drove it in demos and in a 6 series but not long enough to appreciate.
    You might be waiting a long time for those options to appear on a suitable car.

I've gone from comfort access before in last two cars and loved it. Within a week forgot about it as you still have keyless go anyway.
    Head up display I never had. Drove it in demos and in a 6 series but not long enough to appreciate.
    You might be waiting a long time for those options to appear on a suitable car.

I'm not in a major hurry but that 430d is at a very good price point. It would be nice if it was a sign of prices to come but I doubt it. Most 430d at that price range have 15k km on them and are 161.

If I sold my car privately I would be going to the UK and picking up a mineral grey 440i. For that car I would happily go without head up and comfort access. It is the dream anyway!!

Comfort access and especially the head up display are very rare on 3 and 4 Series cars unless they are the M models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 prawemit

@Voodoomelon, was it BMW Ireland or a dealer sending the invitation? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Why does that 4 series still have a manual handbrake are they not all moving towards electronic parking brakes?

I've an f10 with it and wouldn't by a car without it again as just feels old fashioned and low tech at this stage.

Why does that 4 series still have a manual handbrake are they not all moving towards electronic parking brakes?

I've an f10 with it and wouldn't by a car without it again as just feels old fashioned and low tech at this stage.

Just drove that 430. Lovely car.

• Advertisement

MarkN wrote: »
    Just drove that 430. Lovely car.

Will you buy? Any haggling on the price with them?

It's fairly well priced, I would buy it if I could get someone to buy my car for €18k.

The 4 Series is just a coupe version of the 3 Series which uses a manual handbrake too and shares most of it's parts. A manual handbrake was probably cheaper for BMW to produce on cars in the 3 Series price range. I'd imagine the next 3/4 Series will have an electric parking brake as it helps improvement cockpit space and ergonomics.

It's fairly well priced, I would buy it if I could get someone to buy my car for €18k.

Did they not offer you a trade in on your own car?
    How does it compare to 640d powerwise?

Did they not offer you a trade in on your own car?
    How does it compare to 640d powerwise?

Offered a trade in alright but still negative equity in mine for what I'm being offered for it.

Different power delivery to 640d, feels much lighter and sportier, possibly more responsive but by that I mean it's obviously not as powerful, it just doesn't feel as much of a barge. 640d is a big comfortable lump of a yoke with a beast under the bonnet. Upgraded brakes have a nice bite to them.

Lovely spec.

Model Z4HN F36 430d M Sport Gran Coupe N57 3.0d
    Colour B45 Estoril Blue Metallic
    Upholstery LCEW Ivory White/Black Dakota Leather
    Maint Pack Active from 09/08/2016 to 08/08/2021
    Option 3AG Reversing Assist camera
    Option 4AE Armrest. front with sliding adjustment
    Option 4FU Fineline Anthracite wood interior trim w
    Option 403 Electric Glass Sunroof
    Option 430 Exterior Mirrors - folding with anti-daz
    Option 465 Split-folding rear seats
    Option 5DL Surround-view
    Option 548 Speedometer w/ KMH readout
    Option 6NW Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless chargin
    Option 6WD WiFi hotspot preparation
    Package ZMS M Sport Plus package (19” diamond cut wheels , sun pro glass , msport braking system and Harmon Kardon)

• Advertisement

Mark, have you looked at buying from a dealer in the North? Some dealers take southern cars as trade-ins plus if VRT was paid originally then you can claim a chunk of it back when you export it. Might be worth looking into.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Mark, have you looked at buying from a dealer in the North? Some dealers take southern cars as trade-ins plus if VRT was paid originally then you can claim a chunk of it back when you export it. Might be worth looking into.

I meant to stop off at Bavarian in Feb but I didn't get a chance. Might take a trip up some Sat morning early!

A VRT export refund might offset a lower trade-in value on your 635d up there but it might still work out better than trading it down here. Worth a shot anyway.

Lovely spec and good value. Best value 4 series for sale I'd say.
    Pity they can't do better on your own as takes a lot of hassle out of changing.
    Better than a new 520d I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Cork981

Picked up my 330e today, great car and power is incredible.

Few questions though, it came with a single cable in a bag with a standard 3 pin plug - how do I charge it on esb charge points ? Do these not require a spectate cable ?

Secondly, my cable is to short to reach my outdoor socket at home, would you recommend using an extension lead ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's a granny cable, you can use it on any domestic socket and yes you can use a standard extension lead. You can't use that on ESB charge points. What you need is a type 2 cable.

Like this

You can use this on any ESB charge point (fast DC and slow AC) and also on your home charger. I'm surprised the car didn't come with one, it's a bit mean. A small length (5m) cable is not that expensive, but if you need one longer than 10m it will cost several hundred.

Well wear BTW :)

Well wear with the 330e.
    What spec?

BMW will supply a type 2 cable. Think they call it a fast charge cable.
    Might be too late but see if your dealer will throw one in. They are readily available anyway.

Cork981 wrote: »

Few questions though, it came with a single cable in a bag with a standard 3 pin plug - how do I charge it on esb charge points ? Do these not require a spectate cable ?

Secondly, my cable is to short to reach my outdoor socket at home, would you recommend using an extension lead ?

Good luck with the car.

What dealer was this that they didn't give you the above info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

It's killing the resale prices for others you bought 430s in the €60k bracket. :mad::mad:

Shane732 wrote: »
    It's killing the resale prices for others you bought 430s in the €60k bracket. :mad::mad:

Indeed, same car priced up as an LCI came through as €68.5k but you could take €4k of this I guess and it will be down to the €64.5k but looks like it was registered in August so it would have retailed for the €68.5k then. It's a big drop for a 6month old car with basically no miles on it.

• Advertisement

Indeed, same car priced up as an LCI came through as €68.5k but you could take €4k of this I guess and it will be down to the €64.5k but looks like it was registered in August so it would have retailed for the €68.5k then. It's a big drop for a 6month old car with basically no miles on it.

Car was €70,000. 5k contribution off it brought it to 65. There's 12,000kms on it, the ad is wrong.

Car was €70,000. 5k contribution off it brought it to 65. There's 12,000kms on it, the ad is wrong.

Ah right, those 12k km makes a big difference then so. Did they say where the car came from originally?

I still don't see how it was priced up at €70k though as when I price it up with LCI prices it comes to just over €68.5k and LCI prices have increased by around €2k also. Dealers always tend to overprice the new cost of the 2nd hand car though to make it look like you are getting a better discount than you actually are.

Also, there wouldn't have been a €5k contribution back in August, that only came in around Nov/Dec if I recall correctly?

Ah right, those 12k km makes a big difference then so. Did they say where the car came from originally?

I still don't see how it was priced up at €70k though as when I price it up with LCI prices it comes to just over €68.5k and LCI prices have increased by around €2k also. Dealers always tend to overprice the new cost of the 2nd hand car though to make it look like you are getting a better discount than you actually are.

Also, there wouldn't have been a €5k contribution back in August, that only came in around Nov/Dec if I recall correctly?

Ex BMW Ireland car. Maybe they are able to mess around with numbers due to that. There's a nasty chip out of the passenger door, if I was spending the money I'd want it sprayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I bought a 12 month old 2014 430D that listed at €77k - has LED adaptive lights and adaptive suspension which really adds to the cost of the extras - with 5kms on it. Mine dropped almost €20k from list as new in 12 months.

I was getting trade in values of it of €42k until the current batch of 2016 ones came on stream around the €50k mark. Needless to say I'm not being offered as much now.

The 2014 Jaguar F Type that's up is the way to go. Really make an impression :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Offered a trade in alright but still negative equity in mine for what I'm being offered for it.

Different power delivery to 640d, feels much lighter and sportier, possibly more responsive but by that I mean it's obviously not as powerful, it just doesn't feel as much of a barge. 640d is a big comfortable lump of a yoke with a beast under the bonnet. Upgraded brakes have a nice bite to them.

Lovely spec.

Model Z4HN F36 430d M Sport Gran Coupe N57 3.0d
    Colour B45 Estoril Blue Metallic
    Upholstery LCEW Ivory White/Black Dakota Leather
    Maint Pack Active from 09/08/2016 to 08/08/2021
    Option 3AG Reversing Assist camera
    Option 4AE Armrest. front with sliding adjustment
    Option 4FU Fineline Anthracite wood interior trim w
    Option 403 Electric Glass Sunroof
    Option 430 Exterior Mirrors - folding with anti-daz
    Option 465 Split-folding rear seats
    Option 5DL Surround-view
    Option 548 Speedometer w/ KMH readout
    Option 6NW Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless chargin
    Option 6WD WiFi hotspot preparation
    Package ZMS M Sport Plus package (19” diamond cut wheels , sun pro glass , msport braking system and Harmon Kardon)

How did you find it to drive? I've driven a 420d luxury a good bit and found it quite hard and twitchy on 18in wheels.

How did you find it to drive? I've driven a 420d luxury a good bit and found it quite hard and twitchy on 18in wheels.

Didn't get a massively long drive in it, lots of traffic but it felt nippy, felt like it would be good in corners etc fairly low centre of gravity for what is essentially a saloon car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Cork981 wrote: »

If your car is new you should have got the free install of a home chargepoint from ESB and a Type 2 to Type 2 cable should have come with the car regardless.

BMWs Type 2 cable is a nice self-coiling job... better than any of the aftermarket cables. With that cable you'll be able to charge at home or at one of ESB's standard streetside chargepoints.

Cable looks like this:
    type2-type2.jpg

Not a good idea to go anywhere near a rapid charger with a 330e as you'll be lynched (your 330e charges 15+ times slower than an i3, Tesla, Ioniq, Leaf or Zoe on these... so you'd be blocking someone who needs it).

Just for reference, this is a rapid charger:
    aev11.jpg

And this is a streetside chargepoint:
    20120825_133232.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Didn't get a massively long drive in it, lots of traffic but it felt nippy, felt like it would be good in corners etc fairly low centre of gravity for what is essentially a saloon car.

I've driven on rough country roads, probably why I didn't like it compared to the smooth N roads and motorways.

That 4 series is still good value even with 12k km on it.
    Asking prices have really fallen for these though. One year olds were still 60k when I was looking last year.
    There are a few 161 regs in high 40's and that one in beshoffs is still on Carzone at 46k.
    There's a 440i up at over 60k too. Would be some car.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That 4 series is still good value even with 12k km on it.
    Asking prices have really fallen for these though. One year olds were still 60k when I was looking last year.
    There are a few 161 regs in high 40's and that one in beshoffs is still on Carzone at 46k.
    There's a 440i up at over 60k too. Would be some car.

I know that one in Beshoffs personally ;)
    Lovely car and has a lot of toys.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I know that one in Beshoffs personally ;)
    Lovely car and has a lot of toys.

Are you the previous owner? What toys has it? They certainly don't have very much listed on their website!!

Looks like a uk car from the speedo.

Not the prev owner, but have been in it and driven it.
    Tis a UK car all right.

I thought it was well specced when I was in it, with the Harmon Kardon sounds, big nav, Reversing cameras, Concierge service

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Not the prev owner, but have been in it and driven it.
    Tis a UK car all right.

I thought it was well specced when I was in it, with the Harmon Kardon sounds, big nav, Reversing cameras, Concierge service

Any idea why it was sold on so soon?

Any idea why it was sold on so soon?

Didn't suit

• Advertisement

BMW UK management staff get a good few nice well specced cars too.

Looking at the stats for the first three months I see 73 Bmw's 330e registered.
    Good number I would have thought.
    Bmw registrations took a huge jump in March.
    I'm guessing an awful lot of pre regging.

Seen a 171 330e SE going to Sandyford yesterday morning and a 171 530xd in Carrickmines this morning which looked stunning I must say. Have seen quite a few other 171 520d on the road as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

First 530e deliveries were delayed from March to April.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking at the stats for the first three months I see 73 Bmw's 330e registered.
    Good number I would have thought.
    Bmw registrations took a huge jump in March.
    I'm guessing an awful lot of pre regging.

BMW done a great staff scheme for them in January. A lot of staff in the garages bought them for their own use.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement