Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Any details of the staff scheme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

kceire wrote: »
    BMW done a great staff scheme for them in January. A lot of staff in the garages bought them for their own use.

I hope that is an endorsement of the car if bmw staff are willing to put their own money into one. On the other hand it could be to just get them on the roads if bmw are giving great deals to staff.

Of course it is an endorsement. A clean fast car (330e) for the same price as a slow dirty one (318d) because of the subsidies and on top of that a nice staff discount? No brainer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the staff discount incentive plays a major part in it. Not all staff would go out and buy new cars irrespective of what fuel propels them. I'm sure some may plan to sell them on quickly enough so they don't lose too much on them.

Any staff discount incentive (untaxed) that I've ever heard of means the staff will not lose money at all on them when they come to sell it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Plus with 11k off them as it was, that must've been a nice chunk off a 171 car. Saw one last week when I was downing pints outside Slattery's. Was an SE, nice kind of brown/gold colour, tan leather, looked well.

Promo test drive of the G30 530e:

complete car.ie review here.

https://www.completecar.ie/car-reviews/article/BMW/5_Series/530e_iPerformance_hybrid/1165/7118/2017-BMW-530e-iPerformance-hybrid-review.html

seems to be saying too dear as BMW not giving it the price advantage over the the 520d that they have with 330e versus 320d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Sorry for the questions here lads, but could someone explain the grants that are available for the 330e? Also, are these grants available even if you are buying the 330e second hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cona wrote: »
    Sorry for the questions here lads, but could someone explain the grants that are available for the 330e? Also, are these grants available even if you are buying the 330e second hand?

7500 off the new price, no grants for 2nd hand.
    The first few pages of this thread document the grants

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Any staff discount incentive (untaxed) that I've ever heard of means the staff will not lose money at all on them when they come to sell it ;)

Yup............... loads of Cork exFord workers get close to if not depreciation free motoring with the discounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Blazer wrote: »
    7500 off the new price, no grants for 2nd hand.
    The first few pages of this thread document the grants

Just to be clear. There are no grants second hand because the grant was already applied when car was new. So second hand price should reflect this.

TBi wrote: »
    Just to be clear. There are no grants second hand because the grant was already applied when car was new. So second hand price should reflect this.

Not sure if the 2k BMW contribution is applicable on the 330e but until March there was also 4k so in total, 11k was taken off the price of the car.

So I noticed this on one of my alloys today. Is it white worm?
    Anybody have similar?
    I presume if it is will be covered under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Anybody have similar?

On the first and third picture is it caused by other damage ? Looking at the black mark beside it.

Just had another look and black mark was just a bit of dirt.
    There are more marks randomly placed on the alloy.
    Will get the dealer to have a look.
    Googled it and doesn't appear to be completely unusual.

Diamond cut finished rims are prone to white worm alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,471 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Dealer rang me again re 330e.
    He told me he had a fantastic opportunity on a pre reg.
    Turns out it was 10k off full retail price.
    Seeing as there was 11.5k off a new one up to March, they really are insulting people with this kind of nonsense.
    This pre-reg was registered in march and got the full grant and bmw contribution I'd have to assume.
    Told him he was way off as he was looking for 100 more per month than I had got another dealer down to on a brand new one.

Colm Quinn bmw by any chance?
    They have an ad in today's paper with pre reg "bargains" such as that.

• Advertisement

Colm Quinn bmw by any chance?
    They have an ad in today's paper with pre reg "bargains" such as that.

Majorly put off by said dealer over their carry on with the 640d I enquired about. Long story short, 2 months after my initial call and despite me then showing zero interest in their arrogant attitide, they had the balls to finally send me a video link of the car priced at €43,000. All of a sudden a week ago, they dropped theirs to the same list price as the one I bought. €5,000 knocked off overnight. Pi55 takers if ever I encountered one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Anybody have similar?

That's whiteworm. Diamond cut wheels are a pita.

I'm always very protective of my alloys when parking etc. But have found the alloys on this car very easy to kerb.
    Combination of low profile tyres and the way the wheel is proud of the tyre.
    Ironically the wheel with the whiteworm is perfect unlike two others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'm always very protective of my alloys when parking etc. But have found the alloys on this car very easy to kerb.

They don't even need to be kerbed. In fact I've found that tiny stone chips or a nick from a wheel brace when changing a tyre is more likely to trigger it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Go back to your dealer. It's highly possible that they might cover it under warranty. Mine were but with that said, there was no damage to induce whiteworm. I have since damaged them but no whiteworm.

It's worth asking.

New offers coming for 172 according to dealer who called.
    No firm info til later this month but he mentioned 3.5k contribution on se and 5k on m sport. He did mention 4.9 percent but not sure if that's going to run with the contribution. If so, the figures could be reasonable.

• Advertisement

I see the 3 Series is getting some spec revisions in the UK so I presume the same follows here. All models now get LED headlights as standard and upgraded iDrive from the new 5 and 7 Series (though I think the 330e got this already) with the option of a 8.8 inch screen. There is also a special edition Shadow Edition of the M Sport now available in the UK.

I read also that they have just launched a 4 cylinder 2.0 litre diesel 7 Series, the 725d. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »
    I see the 3 Series is getting some spec revisions in the UK so I presume the same follows here. All models now get LED headlights as standard and upgraded iDrive from the new 5 and 7 Series (though I think the 330e got this already) with the option of a 8.8 inch screen. There is also a special edition Shadow Edition of the M Sport now available in the UK.

I read also that they have just launched a 4 cylinder 2.0 litre diesel 7 Series, the 725d. :eek:

The shadow edition looks lovely. They finally have a Valencia orange or similar which is a lovely colour.

A 725d is just sacrilege. Will a 7er customer whom is spending that kind of money really want to skimp on the engine size like that? I know a couple of people whom are fortunate enough to be in the that market, one buys new every two years and another every 6 months (don't ask) and I just couldn't envisage them settling for the small engine variants.

I have to ask? Every six months, a new luxury car?

On the BMW's we will get the specs as UK here alright including the shadow edition. The i drive will be the version 6, same as the new 5 but without the touch screen. I think you need to spec the pro nav to get the benefit from it.
    I was in a couple of dealers at the weekend looking at cars with my dad and they said new offers coming through for 172.
    They are cutting the offers on the new 5 though. They said there are price rises coming through on the whole range too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I have to ask? Every six months, a new luxury car?

On the BMW's we will get the specs as UK here alright including the shadow edition. The i drive will be the version 6, same as the new 5 but without the touch screen. I think you need to spec the pro nav to get the benefit from it.
    I was in a couple of dealers at the weekend looking at cars with my dad and they said new offers coming through for 172.
    They are cutting the offers on the new 5 though. They said there are price rises coming through on the whole range too.

This person does huge mileage, not unusual for them to drive 300 plus miles a day 6/7 days a week so they change the car regularly as it costs too much to let the mileage go too high.

bazz26 wrote: »

There will be a 3 pot 1.5 turbo diesel in the 7 series soon enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

This person does huge mileage, not unusual for them to drive 300 plus miles a day 6/7 days a week so they change the car regularly as it costs too much to let the mileage go too high.

Pretty sure changing the car less would be less expensive. Even if money was no object I doubt I'd be bothered changing my daily every 6 months, the hassle alone would put me off.

725d will be the best selling 7 series ever in Ireland I'm pretty sure. Sad but the way things are going, that is most likely. Majority are bought by older people where power will be sufficient, Lack of refinement might not strike them til long after test drive with cheaper purchase price sealing the deal.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Pretty sure changing the car less would be less expensive. Even if money was no object I doubt I'd be bothered changing my daily every 6 months, the hassle alone would put me off.

Maybe if you have a relationship with the dealer and buy the same model every time? Although I couldn't keep buying the same thing.
    Still has to be eyewateringly expensive though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Would you not lease at that rate?
    Makes much more sense...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Would you not lease at that rate?
    Makes much more sense...

Depends on how good a deal you are getting from the dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

In a car the size of the 7 series I would think the 3 litre would be more economical given that it would be better able to move the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

mickdw wrote: »
    New offers coming for 172 according to dealer who called.
    No firm info til later this month but he mentioned 3.5k contribution on se and 5k on m sport. He did mention 4.9 percent but not sure if that's going to run with the contribution. If so, the figures could be reasonable.

Is that for the 330e yea?
    If it's 4.9% i might bite.
    Think it was 7.9 or 8.9 last time with the contribution.

In a car the size of the 7 series I would think the 3 litre would be more economical given that it would be better able to move the car.

The x5 25d is more economical than the 30d but not by much and I know which I would have if I wasn't paying the price difference.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Is that for the 330e yea?
    If it's 4.9% i might bite.
    Think it was 7.9 or 8.9 last time with the contribution.
    Dealer said it will be 26th May before he gets its all on his system but yes 330e. He also said that as far as he was aware, the new "shadow" models were not getting the contribution but extra spec was coming at little cost - there is always a catch!

1 Series is getting minor interior revisions too including the new iDrive system. 2 Series coupe and convertible are getting a more extensive facelift.

• Advertisement

Dealer said it will be 26th May before he gets its all on his system but yes 330e. He also said that as far as he was aware, the new "shadow" models were not getting the contribution but extra spec was coming at little cost - there is always a catch!

If it is 4.9% and the same figures as last time, you could walk out with a 330e for between 550, 600 a month without putting any money down.
    do that and hand the car back at the end of the term is my thinking.

Did they not specifically exclude the 330e from the lower rate up till now thus negating the gains from the contribution?

There's rarely a free lunch with these guys.
    Was looking at 5 series with my dad last weekend. One dealer had inflated the retail price by 1500 euro so when he took off the 2000 contribution we were only 500 quid up.Ridiculous.

Yea the rate was higher, also they were giving peanuts for trade ins.
    6k for my 2010 A6 ASline with 160kms on the clock.

I have no trade in this time so if the rate is good and they ain't taking the piss somewhere else along the line then....possibly.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Yea the rate was higher, also they were giving peanuts for trade ins.
    6k for my 2010 A6 ASline with 160kms on the clock.

I have no trade in this time so if the rate is good and they ain't taking the piss somewhere else along the line then....possibly.

Ah they are generally taking the piss. I'm buying straight and I used to enjoy buying cars and really the only stressful thing was trying to get value for trade in. Not trading in this time, I thought it would be easy but they are playing with rates etc making it a pain in the ass.

With the 330e, I think it's a given that equity at end will be nothing or basically just the equivalent of straight deal discount so certainly low deposit would be way to go. I'd be happy to put in about 6k to keep monthly lower, as close to 400 as possible.

They also don't want to get down to the real deal when visiting, rather chasing up by phone and dropping by small amounts. Pain in the ass.
    First deal I was offered on a 330e was 830 per month with 5k down.
    Eventually got it to under 500 with 6k deposit.Will see what comes up this time.

Ah they are generally taking the piss. I'm buying straight and I used to enjoy buying cars and really the only stressful thing was trying to get value for trade in. Not trading in this time, I thought it would be easy but they are playing with rates etc making it a pain in the ass.

With the 330e, I think it's a given that equity at end will be nothing or basically just the equivalent of straight deal discount so certainly low deposit would be way to go. I'd be happy to put in about 6k to keep monthly lower, as close to 400 as possible.

They also don't want to get down to the real deal when visiting, rather chasing up by phone and dropping by small amounts. Pain in the ass.
    First deal I was offered on a 330e was 830 per month with 5k down.
    Eventually got it to under 500 with 6k deposit.Will see what comes up this time.

830 per month for a 330! I was quoted less for a 6 month old 430d with zero deposit. And not much more for a 6k deposit and a new 520 m-sport. They really were taking the piss.

MarkN wrote: »
    830 per month for a 330! I was quoted less for a 6 month old 430d with zero deposit. And not much more for a 6k deposit and a new 520 m-sport. They really were taking the piss.

That was 7.9 percent and about 54k before grants. He was not allowing a contribution claiming it didn't apply to 330e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭scooby77

So "leaked" information about 2018 3 series, the G20, online including spy shots etc. As far as the plug in hybrid goes car magazine.Co. UK say "As far as electromobility goes, we should see at least two plug-in hybrids: - a 1.5-litre version with a 60kW e-motor good for a 30-mile range, and a 2.0-litre model with a 90kW e-motor permitting a 50-mile radius."
    Other articles refer to lighter body and platform designed specifically to hold bigger batteries...so whatever is true range ev range should improve. If prices and grants remain similar I'll be seriously considering one!

Bmw offering 3.5k deposit contribution on se and sport for 172 models and 5k on msport. Seems good if you're a cash buyer and on pcp as long as they don't try to make it back with crazy Apr rates as they have done in the past.
    Base price on new builds has gone up a little though as all models now have led headlights and fogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Bmw offering 3.5k deposit contribution on se and sport for 172 models and 5k on msport. Seems good if you're a cash buyer and on pcp as long as they don't try to make it back with crazy Apr rates as they have done in the past.
    Base price on new builds has gone up a little though as all models now have led headlights and fogs.

Where is this advertised? Is it available on 4 series also?

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure dealer said 4.9 on all models.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement