Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,471 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I don't think the contributions are available on the shadow editions at all but I might be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Current 1 and 3 Series are approaching the end of their life cycle soon so no surprise that they are starting to offer sweeteners on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Bit of additional discount on the 6 and 7 series as well.

Nothing on Shadow editions.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Bit of additional discount on the 6 and 7 series as well.

Nothing on Shadow editions.

Not even the 5 k?
    Anything off x5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Not even the 5 k?
    Anything off x5?

No
    And
    No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Just looking at the advertised price of the 320i msport, it is €43530. Then if you go to the configurator it is still showing the old prices so a 320i msport with the plus pack is coming in at €49872 which is €6342 of the price of almost the equivalent cars except the shadow edition has a few bits of extras over the standard msport plus pack.

Looks like the shadow edition is extremely well priced unless I'm missing something very silly here!!

Maybe the advertised price includes the 5k deposit contribution?
    The configurator wouldn't take this into account.
    5k off and 4.9% Apr is pretty good offer for BMW. There is nothing off the 5 series anymore.

They don't really need to pimp the 5 Series as it's a new model and order books are pretty much full for the rest of the year to my knowledge.

bazz26 wrote: »
    They don't really need to pimp the 5 Series as it's a new model and order books are pretty much full for the rest of the year to my knowledge.

Don't think order books are full for the rest of the year.
    Price is going up 1100 euro and contributions ending in it end of this month. According to the guy I deal with everyone trying to get in before the end of this. He has nobody for a 172 5 series at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Has anyone heard of a new model X5 coming next year? I'd thought it would be just a facelift but some websites are saying it will be an all new model to fit in with the CLAR platform. This would mean only a 5 year lifespan for the present model though.

Has anyone heard of a new model X5 coming next year? I'd thought it would be just a facelift but some websites are saying it will be an all new model to fit in with the CLAR platform. This would mean only a 5 year lifespan for the present model though.

Yes
    They are bringing forward new model which goes into production August 2018.
    Apparently will have the all new platform but looks will not radically change. It should be lot lighter like the new 5 is over the old model.
    Current model will have shorter lifespan than normal as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Yes
    They are bringing forward new model which goes into production August 2018.
    Apparently will have the all new platform but looks will not radically change. It should be lot lighter like the new 5 is over the old model.
    Current model will have shorter lifespan than normal as a result.

I'm thinking of an X5 for my next change so that's good to know.

This thread is a good source of info on all upcoming models with dates for end of, and start of production.
    the source seems to be a BMW insider.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901686

Anyone know the current pricing on 330e msport.
    Bmw pricing seems nuts. The new deals for 172 have better interest rate and 5k contribution but the local dealer is claiming the list price has gone up significantly with the end result that the car is costing similar to before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

The prices seem the same on the bmw configurator.
    Also I see that there is now a pcp finance breakdown at the end of configuring your car.
    Seems the GFMV has been lowered , 18k for the se and 21k for the MSport.
    So that's 3 grand more that would need paying off on your payments.

the bmw website hasn't been updated yet I'm sure but I was talking to bmw sales guy about something else last week and he mentioned prices were going up in July. The spec is being improved with the addition of standard led lights too on the 3 series.
    I can't believe however that the price is going up 5 k!
    I suppose however if they up the list price and lower the gfv for pcp you might end up in similar costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Bmw pricing is just nuts at the moment. Dealers are poor too. I had a second attempt at buying a 330e a few weeks ago and it was a disaster. Different dealer than from a year ago when I first tried.
    Sales guy didn't have one for a start, forgiveable, thats ok. But he wasnt pushed on getting me one to test drive and offered me a diesel 3 series for a drive. Em....no thanks buddy. Then we sat down re: pricing, I kept it very easy on the options list just selected upgraded nav I think. He hadn't a clue how to configure it.
    Now if the gfmv is lowered they are expecting it to depreciate a lot. Bad experience overall. But I really like the idea of the 330e and the 530e.

Only have my e60 a few months will keep it for another few but I don't love it the way I loved both my e39s. Interesting to see if any used 330e crop up soon or early 2018. If not, a 2011/2012 640d is seriously on my radar after a recent thread here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

bmwguy wrote: »
    Interesting to see if any used 330e crop up soon or early 2018. If not, a 2011/2012 640d is seriously on my radar after a recent thread here.

Quite a few 330e on BMW approved used in the UK at the moment.

https://www.bmw.ie/content/dam/bmw/marketIE/bmw_ie/pdf/BMW3Offers.pdf.asset.1497536289393.pdf

Looks like they have made a few mistakes with their pricing. If you look at the 320i the Msport Shadow Edition is €43,350 which seems like a decent deal as you are basically getting the Msport plus pack for free when you take into account that you are not getting a €5k deposit contribution.

But I was looking at the 340i pricing and then you see that the 340i Msport Shadow Edition is €70,720 which is now a huge price increase compared to the standard 340i Msport at €67,767 given that its got a €5k deposit contribution.

I've no idea now what their intentions are?

320i Msport MY17 is costing you €48167 when you take 3 year PCP
    320i Msport Shadow Edition is costing you €47193 when you take 3 year PCP

So you are saving about a €1k over the older model and also getting the Shadow Edition which is worth about €4k at an estimate.

However when you look at the 340i Msport its a totally different story
    340i Msport MY17 is costing you €67973 when you take 3 year PCP
    340i Msport Shadow Edition is costing you €76104 when you take 3 year PCP.

I can only assume they have made a mistake somewhere with the pricing on the larger engine models as to get the later model its now costing you €8,150 which is madness. If I could get the 340i Msport Shadow Edition for €1k less than the MY17 340i I would be very tempted to put down a deposit now!

• Advertisement

They can make the 340i 100k or 50k it won't sell either way!

They can make the 340i 100k or 50k it won't sell either way!

Of course it would at €50k!!! I'd buy 2 of them!!

I think I've only ever seen one 40i engine in the last 2 years and that was a 440i

digiman wrote: »
    Of course it would at €50k!!! I'd buy 2 of them!!

I think I've only ever seen one 40i engine in the last 2 years and that was a 440i

So would I.

So would I.

I wonder though have they made a mistake in the pricing, just doesn't make any sense why they make their best selling cars cheaper and their cars that have never sold even more expensive.

digiman wrote: »
    I wonder though have they made a mistake in the pricing, just doesn't make any sense why they make their best selling cars cheaper and their cars that have never sold even more expensive.

Could be a typo. If you keep it like for like and change the 76104 to 67104 it follows same logic.

I think the shadow edition is like m sport plus pack as well as some cosmetic additions.
    To add m sport plus to usual m sport spec is 2.5 to 3 k so this would account for the price hike?
    I find it hard to believe they will sell any shadow editions if they don't give the 5k off.
    I reckon BMW don't like giving something for nothing and have upped the retail prices a fair bit.
    My 330e has about 5 k of options including m sport plus and I put in slightly less money up front, pay lower monthly and gfv is only about 1k more.APR was only 2.9% when I bought.

I would love a 3/440i but think I would prefer to be second owner as reckon it is depreciation disaster in Ireland.
    I would find it hard to go back to diesel after 330e unless a 640d GC fell in my lap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Bmw pricing is just nuts at the moment. Dealers are poor too. I had a second attempt at buying a 330e a few weeks ago and it was a disaster. Different dealer than from a year ago when I first tried.
    Sales guy didn't have one for a start, forgiveable, thats ok. But he wasnt pushed on getting me one to test drive and offered me a diesel 3 series for a drive. Em....no thanks buddy. Then we sat down re: pricing, I kept it very easy on the options list just selected upgraded nav I think. He hadn't a clue how to configure it.
    Now if the gfmv is lowered they are expecting it to depreciate a lot. Bad experience overall. But I really like the idea of the 330e and the 530e.

Only have my e60 a few months will keep it for another few but I don't love it the way I loved both my e39s. Interesting to see if any used 330e crop up soon or early 2018. If not, a 2011/2012 640d is seriously on my radar after a recent thread here.

Do it. :)

2 months in now and I love it. €30 in diesel is lasting me a week, minimum. Endless comments from people both in BMWs and not, saying what a beautiful looking car it is. Spotted an older guy outside my house tonight just stopped while he was walking staring at it.

MarkN wrote: »
    Do it. :)

2 months in now and I love it. €30 in diesel is lasting me a week, minimum. Endless comments from people both in BMWs and not, saying what a beautiful looking car it is. Spotted an older guy outside my house tonight just stopped while he was walking staring at it.

Something happening work wise soon if it does I will be looking at it. All over the place now with what to do motoring wise. Won't be staying in the 523i e60 now too long anyway.
    Realistically I would probably go for a 635d model that you sold first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Something happening work wise soon if it does I will be looking at it. All over the place now with what to do motoring wise. Won't be staying in the 523i e60 now too long anyway.
    Realistically I would probably go for a 635d model that you sold first though.

Still a great model and in some ways, has a bit more of a raw edge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Just got a text about a quality enhancement or recall on my 330e and to call my dealer. Anyone else hear anything?

I haven't got word of anything yet.
    How old is your car?
    Did text indicate whether just software update or mechanical?
    I did read that they have changed a few settings since production began. For instance save mode on my car will only charge to 50% but newer cars it keeps going to100%.

I picked up the car in July last year so would have been one of the early ones on the road. It does only charge to 50% so maybe a sw update...

No other info in the text, just to call them
    Will post more when I find out

Same age as mine so I would expect to receive similar.
    My car has had no problems, if anything it's better than ever now engine has run in.
    Let us know what dealer says when you contact them.

These are already starting to look like great value used in the UK with cars becoming available with decent specs for less than €30k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Bloody hell.

Has anyone seen the VRT figures for the 330e on the calculator?
    Just did it for a 2016 M-Sport with 15,000 miles.

Breakdown of VRT Calculation
    Open Market Selling Price (OMSP) determined by Revenue
    €46539

Monthly Adjustment
    +100%

Depreciation Code Allocated by Revenue
    F1

Odometer Reading
    15000 Miles

Date of First Registration
    March 2016

Mileage/Kilometre Reduction
    €0

Rate of Depreciation for this Vehicle
    27%

Current OMSP determined by Revenue
    €33973

CO2 Emissions

Rate of VRT

14%

Vehicle Registration Tax
    (payable on enquiry)

€2,506

€2506 on a 1 year old car!

A few M-sports popping up for £26000 assuming £1000 off, you'd have one landed for €32500ish. (a few clicks off the exchange rate plus ferry & flight)

• Advertisement

Yep its 14 percent vrt less 2500 rebate. The rebate reduces with age. So in effect you still get the 2500 portion of the grant available on new ones.
    If importing id be more inclined to go for the mercedes c350e.
    I contacted mercedes to see if they were going to be available here and they confirmed that they are special order only in Ireland.

Just spoke with BMW. The update is a "software update" for controls or something as generic as that. I'm not sure they could say exactly.

Excellent service though - it should take a couple of hours max, will give me a loner (which I don't need) but they will collect the car from the house and leave a loner there if I want.
    Booked in for Monday so should know more Monday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the new 3 series is out next year, along with the new 330e. Anyone buying this car here new will be destroyed on depreciation! Sorry rather anyone buying the current 330e here new will be destroyed on depreciation...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705045076120?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&make=BMW&postcode=ls298jn&model=3%20SERIES&fuel-type=Hybrid&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

that one is 22k sterling, from a trader and says export only...

Yes i did mention that to sales guy when he informed me of hefty price increase on the 330e. They have some neck and it nearing end of life.
    The way i was looking at it, and this is pretty unique to the hybrid, the deposit is small due to grants and contributions so if it could be got on a cheap monthly and be prepared to just hand it back and lose the small deposit of maybe 5k, it still wasnt a bad deal cause looking at similar diesel cars, you would be putting in 13 to 14k to get similar monthly and i figure would be damn lucky to get 8k out the other end in equity so still a loss of around 5k.
    In the end, it was about 100 per month more than i wanted to pay.
    That deal was an m sport valued at 57k (nuts) for 42k after contribution, 7.5k grants and discount.
    I asked if there was a deal to be done on a pre reg 171 sitting in the yard advertised at 46k. When the new one works out at 42, i would be thinking a few thousand less for the pre reg. Dealer didnt seem interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

mickdw wrote: »
    Yep its 14 percent vrt less 2500 rebate. The rebate reduces with age. So in effect you still get the 2500 portion of the grant available on new ones.
    If importing id be more inclined to go for the mercedes c350e.
    I contacted mercedes to see if they were going to be available here and they confirmed that they are special order only in Ireland.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, does that mean that if the vrt is 2506e, less 2500e vrt rebate... That the total vrt comes out at only 6e?

Or is the vrt 2506 after the rebate has been taken into account?

• Advertisement

Its 2500 after the rebate. Look at the figures.... 14 percent of current market value should be around 5k. Deduct the rebate and thats the figure.
    I see in the example posted, they have allowed 2250 rebate. The 2500 rebate reduces with age.

Those import figures are great value.
    I have my car a year and think it's a great all rounder. I bought on pcp for first time as got a good discount and Apr was 3.9.
    The new model will really be available from jan2019 on so I'm in two minds as to whether to change early before this arrives or keep long term. Dealer told me recently I would have plenty of equity in the car if I change early as it's high spec and would be be one of the first official Irish cars back in the dealer network. This would be contingent on me buying another Bmw I suppose. Of course this is probably bull and when I go back will find a different story.
    Still it's super car so first world problems really.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    the new 3 series is out next year, along with the new 330e. Anyone buying this car here new will be destroyed on depreciation! Sorry rather anyone buying the current 330e here new will be destroyed on depreciation...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705045076120?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&make=BMW&postcode=ls298jn&model=3%20SERIES&fuel-type=Hybrid&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

that one is 22k sterling, from a trader and says export only...

I saw the same one but looks dodge, its £5-7k cheaper than anything else with similar spec

I saw the same one but looks dodge, its £5-7k cheaper than anything else with similar spec

I imagine it's VAT qualifying so it's a no VAT sale for export. Bit dodge but good sales tactic.

Google the dealer's phone number and it returns a few different companies in Birmingham, yet the dealer's address on Autotrader is stated as in Liverpool. Something very odd there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Considering one of these but looking around at the car press it seems BMW is launching a new 3 series next year with an electronic only version, 300km range at least?

Any thoughts?

AmberGold wrote: »
    Considering one of these but looking around at the car press it seems BMW is launching a new 3 series next year with an electronic only version, 300km range at least?

Any thoughts?

Well from above it seems like the 330e has sunk in value like a stone. Probably due to the tech increasing so fast.

That said, I would buy one second hand if I could get one at a good price. Like below.

http://www.motors.co.uk/used-cars/bmw/3-series/fuel/petrol-electric-hybrid/

I wouldn't say tech is anything to do with it, what ever replaces it won't be much better. More to do with the fact that people got them cheap, the grant continues to apply to vrt imports and the sterling is very weak.

I'd say they will come done a good bit in price when the next generation 330e arrives. PHEV technology is changing quickly especially around extended battery ranges, take a look at prices of early Nissan Leafs for example, they can be bought in the UK up to recently very cheaply due to having short battery ranges compared to later ones. Not saying the 330e will ever become that cheap but there is a big drive now to push hybrids and PHEVs with manufactures so the technology will radically change quickly imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Good points, for and against. Not helped by BMW dealers being sketchy on Finance offers, packages etc. Same car same deposit, difference of €100pm on PCP from 2 different dealers, haven't worked out what's going on. Will meet them next week to thrash it out in detail.

My reckoning is the price of the car (52k in my case) is reduced by 7.5k (VRT reduction and Grant) less BMW economics contribution of 5k, the shadow line is also being thrown in for free.

The max deposit allowable is 13.5k or so and the final or balloon is 23k leaving 36 monthly payments of 370 or so. For the type of driving I do I reckon I'll save €200 on fuel pm. For me it's a no brainier.

Having had both 5's and 3's I always preferred the 3, now the rear leg room in the F30 is nearly the same as the F10(my current motor) I'm finding it hard no to move on this.

Having said all that it's early days for mainstream EV, can't help thinking back to the BiFuel Volvos that never took off a few years back. Those that bought paid the price for moving early.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement