Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

mickdw wrote: »
    My point really was re the 57k price tag. This is what bmw are getting for the car, not the 42k. They are getting paid the government grants and taking back the 5k contribution in interest charges.
    Yes 42k is reasonable but considering its near end of life of model and the fact that they appear to be applying price increases, it doesnt add up for me at the minute.

Good points, never looked at it like that. Factor in the improvements in electric tech coming down the line and it looks less viable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

carsfan2 wrote: »
    12k off a new 530e seems good but if this was 7.5k vrt relief and seai grant,2kdiscount BMW Ireland were giving and 2.5k discount from the dealer then it's standard enough for a straight deal.
    Don't want to go to off topic but I do agree car prices are rising inexorably and the so called premium Marques are leading this. Pcp is used to disguise it.
    I was going through papers at home and found my order form for 520d f10 I bought new in 2010. I added some spec to a base price of 44k and paid 49k for it. I specced up similar on the configurator for current model and it was 59k. the new model has pro nav and probably other small bits but not enough to justify 10 grand increase in seven years when inflation has been minimal.
    If you spec a passat or superb at all nowadays you are up over 40 grand too. The new Volkswagen arteon is a 50k plus car too.
    Madness really.
    Makes a new 330e m sport seem like good value for 42k?

I agree totally prices are creeping up
    see attached bmw pricelist 2008 pre and post july 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

kooga wrote: »
    I agree totally prices are creeping up
    see attached bmw pricelist 2008 pre and post july 1st

The car I have now was 68,935 new back in 2008. 523i m sport auto before any options added. That's mad money I'm not even crazy about the car at all.
    Can get a 530e much cheaper that that nowadays which I presume is a better car. However, vrt rates probably much lower it's not BMW dropping their prices at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Day 4 and still no call back from the dealer. I bet if I was buying a 320d or a 520d they'd be hounding me.

I see Joe Duffy and Frank Keane both have what looks like a pre reg 171 330e M Sport each and are asking around 45k for them. I speced a brand new M Sport Shadow Edition with a few modest extras coming in at a retail price of 47.5k after the grant and VRT rebate. 45k for those seems bit of a piss take to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,545 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Absolute piss take. Colm quinn also looking for similar. I was tempted to write to bmw re colm quinn sunday newspaper ads a few weeks back that advertised 2 171 pre reg 330e. An Msport for 45 or 46k with a big red 12k saving written opposite.
    The friday before than id been offered a new msport at 42k for a straight sale after all grants and contributions so clearly dearer than a new car.

I wonder would the dealers qualify for claiming the grant on them too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Dealers don't get the 5 k seai grant.
    Only private purchasers qualify.
    You need pps number when applying.

Those Colm Quinn ads in general are misleading not only for the 330e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Colm Quinn are a joke. Never will I ever even enquire about a car with them again after my experience trying to get them to get back to me about a 640d. Attitude screams of we don't need your business!

Sort of gone off the idea of one of these, I hate filling up my car with fuel, sheer inconvenience of it. Can't see myself plugging in a 330e every day.

Visited a Tesla showroom on holiday last week, seriously considering a Model 3.

• Advertisement

If you can't see yourself plugging in a 330e would a tesla not be even worse? You definitely have to plug one of them in.
    I was tempted to put a deposit in a tesla 3 myself but still not convinced full electric is way to go in Ireland yet.

40km on electric for the 330e vs 345km for the Tesla will suit my driving profile more & less plug ins.

AmberGold wrote: »
    40km on electric for the 330e vs 345km for the Tesla will suit my driving profile more & less plug ins.

They just delivered the first customer cars in the us last night. Reckon a couple of years before they are here.
    By then there will be all electric competitors from the main car companies too.
    Interesting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

MarkN wrote: »
    Colm Quinn are a joke. Never will I ever even enquire about a car with them again after my experience trying to get them to get back to me about a 640d. Attitude screams of we don't need your business!

Give Robert McGrath a call down there - from my previous experience with him he is a decent guy.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Give Robert McGrath a call down there - from my previous experience with him he is a decent guy.

I think they well and truly missed that boat as he already bought a 640d somewhere else.

I had a similar experience recently from a different dealer. We seem to be back to the Celtic Tiger days of dealers just being order takers. Given BMW's recent poor sales figures you'd think they would put a bit more effort in.

Dealers don't get the 5 k seai grant.
    Only private purchasers qualify.
    You need pps number when applying.

Those Colm Quinn ads in general are misleading not only for the 330e.
    Whether dealer gets grant or not when registering demos and pre reg cars is not really an issue for eventual buyer. The dealer cannot expect to get anywhere close to new price for a car on an older reg with one owner recorded already. The dealers appear to be asking more than new price. Surely if they have to register some and they do miss out on grant, bmw would have to have an arrangement re costvro make it viable for dealer to put demo on the road.
    In addition, dealers did prereg some so they wouldnt have done that if grant money was being lost by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Do the prices quoted on the car BMW car builders include the grants?

No take 7.5 k off for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Sweet, thinking of ordering a 530e.

Good luck trying to get a dealer to sell you one. The ones I visited either don't have enough information about the iPerformance models or have very little interest in getting one for you and would prefer you to buy a diesel instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Also Make sure if you have a car already to sell it before you go in :-D

They are the worst for trade in offers.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Also Make sure if you have a car already to sell it before you go in :-D

They are the worst for trade in offers.

Second that.

That I can believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

bazz26 wrote: »
    Good trying to get a dealer to sell you one. The ones I visited either don't know enough information about the iPerformance models or have very little interest in getting one for you and would prefer you to buy a diesel instead.

I had a good experience driving the 530e in a south Dublin dealership.

The boot size is quite poor though, with a baby on the way it put me off getting one.

Has anyone got a link to the 4k off the 5 series? I don't see anything on the website about that.

I didn't bother following up after that to be honest. Too much money involved anyway, they are giving low ball trade-in values yet want to sell them on at a big mark-up. Put two new tyres on my F10 now and might try and sell it privately at some stage next year when it's more affordable to a private buyer. Will look at bringing in a year old 330e or 330d M Sport from the UK at a fraction of the new price but with still 2 years BMW warranty on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

No problems moving from a 5 to a 3 Bazz? G30 prices should be very good next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

UK way to go at the minute. Just looking and 50 euro I think would clear a 530e that's not even run in. The vrt is hard to calculate but I think it's 14% of whatever OMSP revenue decide, prob 65k ish. Then minus about 2.5k for the rebate on a PHEV.

It's definitely a downgrade alright regarding refinement and comfort but I don't really have a requirement for a car the size of an F10 anymore so I've accepted that whatever I get next will be a compromise in some way so that's why I'm in no hurry to change. I had an E90 M Sport too a good few years back and loved the way it handled so I've a hankering for something a bit more nimble and sporty to drive on the back roads again. The F10 as good a car as it is, is more suited to autobahns than twisty back roads imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

vintagevrs wrote: »
    UK way to go at the minute. Just looking and 50 euro I think would clear a 530e that's not even run in. The vrt is hard to calculate but I think it's 14% of whatever OMSP revenue decide, prob 65k ish. Then minus about 2.5k for the rebate on a PHEV.

Has to be over 6 months old too otherwise its VAT-city. 530e isn't out long.

• Advertisement

With the euro/pound getting closer to parity and the low VRT that hybrids attract, if you have money on the hip or a seller lined up for your car then it's a good time to import from the UK. Also some of the main dealers here have pre reged 330e M Sports for sale and are asking only 2k less than what you can buy a brand new M Sport Shadow Edition for including the SAEI grant and VRT rebate.

digiman wrote: »
    I had a good experience driving the 530e in a south Dublin dealership.

The boot size is quite poor though, with a baby on the way it put me off getting one.

Has anyone got a link to the 4k off the 5 series? I don't see anything on the website about that.

What's the performance like versus your 330i? Personally I think that prices are crazy now for the 530e. The 330e attracted me because of the performance and economy for a car cheaper than a 320d but with the 5 you are more expensive than the 520d and for the money I would still go 530d if spending that much. I know diesels days are numbered but there's a few more years in them yet.

I read that the new model 330e will have 265hp and better electric range. Also there will be a 325e with about 225hp.

With the euro/pound getting closer to parity and the low VRT that hybrids attract, if you have money on the hip or a seller lined up for your car then it's a good time to import from the UK. Also some of the main dealers here have pre reged 330e M Sports for sale and are asking only 2k less than what you can buy a brand new M Sport Shadow Edition for including the SAEI grant and VRT rebate.
    They are crazy the prices they are looking for on pre reg cars.
    I was offered a new msport for 42k straight sale after all grants contributions and 2.5k straight sale discount. All dealers seem to be looking for 44 to 45k for 171 plate msport. I cant understand it yet they have the neck to advertise these as having 11k off. Now there is no car buyer that stupid.... surely.

I was offered a new msport for 42k straight sale after all grants contributions and 2.5k straight sale discount. All dealers seem to be looking for 44 to 45k for 171 plate msport. I cant understand it yet they have the neck to advertise these as having 11k off. Now there is no car buyer that stupid.... surely.

They are even poorer value considering the Shadow Editions are better speced too. Seems like their pricing is based off of the retail price minus any pre reg discount they give on them which is just daft considering the government grants and VRT rebates on a brand new one is more attractive. I wonder did the distributor give the dealers a bigger discount to push them to pre reg them?

Seem to be offering an extra 2k on top of previous discounts..

https://murphygunn.lpages.co/bmw-lower-emissions-incentive/

• Advertisement

You have to own an older diesel to get that extra 2k. Can't imagine too many people driving Euro 4 emissions cars or worse will be buying new beemers.

I saw on Bmw's Facebook page in response to somebody's query that shadow edition is actually not available in 330e. No reason given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Take my money :)

You have to own an older diesel to get that extra 2k. Can't imagine too many people driving Euro 4 emissions cars or worse will be buying new beemers.

I saw on Bmw's Facebook page in response to somebody's query that shadow edition is actually not available in 330e. No reason given.

When you say not available are they talking about dealers don't have a demo or that BMW are not making the 330e in the shadow edition?

I was told by one dealer that they would have one in by October at the earliest while another could not confirm if they were getting one unless it was a customer order. I had my doubts even on the reliability of that information.

VRT on an 8 month old 330e is 3k or so, anyone any idea what the VRT would be on a 6 month old 530e? 530e option not available on VRT website.

it would be 14 percent of used irish price less 2500.

• Advertisement

When you say not available are they talking about dealers don't have a demo or that BMW are not making the 330e in the shadow edition?

I was told by one dealer that they would have one in by October at the earliest while another could not confirm if they were getting one unless it was a customer order. I had my doubts even on the reliability of that information.

Somebody had messaged bmw on their Facebook page asking if 330e was available in shadow line and response was no.
    I just looked at the PDF of offers for 172 3 series on the website and it's not there.
    It was on the configurator though.
    Maybe left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing?

Somebody had messaged bmw on their Facebook page asking if 330e was available in shadow line and response was no.
    I just looked at the PDF of offers for 172 3 series on the website and it's not there.
    It was on the configurator though.
    Maybe left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing?

I went through it on the configurator with the dealers too at the time so it does make you wander what they are playing at alright. Maybe the idea is to just shift more diesel models especially with these "old" diesel scrappage schemes that seem to be coming online now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

330e Shadow Line is available to order. December delivery at this stage and its not going to be available in 2018.

R.O.R wrote: »
    330e Shadow Line is available to order. December delivery at this stage and its not going to be available in 2018.

Seems funny that it would be discontinued in 2018. I figured it was a run out special model to boost sales until the all new 3 arrived.

Id imagine for 2018, the shadow edition would be standard

From what I understand from reading R.O.R's post it's only the 330e Shadow Edition that's being discontinued? The other Shadow Edition variants will continue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Shadow Edition is a H2 2017 offer that's not going to be available in 2018. No idea if there is going to be another offer or whether the new 3 Series will be available by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Hi,

330e owners... I'm in the process of buying one. I've noticed that the Connected app does not appear in the app store for iOS. Are BMW's Remote Services via the app not available in Ireland? Would greatly appreciate input and experiences. It seems like quite the omission for not to be available here.

Tx.

V.

I have the app working fine with remote services on my i phone.
    It's handy alright especially for inputting destinations and sending them to sat nav in the car.
    You can lock and unlock, flash the lights etc. too via the app.
    Are you getting the shadow edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Interesting. Well, it's been removed from the Irish app store but can be downloaded from the UK one. It is however available in the Irish Play Store. Wonder what that's all about. I'll talk to the dealer Monday.

Not a Shadowline - but close in spec to. Don't think there's available stock in 330e just yet. M-Sport Performance pack, Media Pro Plus, Parking camera, Black/Oyster leather, wireless charging (not that's any use to me)... Oh, Silver metallic - colour combo is exactly what I'd order... Heavily discounted. Coming to me - for cash - €42.8k. Less my trade about €20k. So it's an easy decision for me to be honest. Just waiting on SEAI to process and I should have next week some time.

Actually, as you've been helpful, let me ask one other thing - is Apple CarPlay available for purchase in the Connected Store? It is in other countries and is possible to purchase after delivery. Oh, how long did it take for your home charger to be installed too?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement