Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I don't think my dealer has applied for the seai grant as he said he was waiting for a chassis number to do this...
    If they mess it up I ain't paying!
    I ordered the last week in March and car is due to be built this week. Dealer tells me it should be about 3 weeks after when they will get it.

BMW's generally make it from factory to dealer very quickly, so if it's in build this week I'd say it will be in the dealer before the end of June for early July registration.

Soon as it's built they'll have the chassis number on the system - possibly even before it's built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I heard about these early on and a dealer got the car that Bmw Ireland had brought down for the day to the dealership for me to drive. I had a nice long spin in it. They were keen to do a deal on one so they gave me what appears in hindsight to be a very favourable trade in price.
    It worked out well for the garage as they got my order and another as a result of getting the car.
    Should have mine around the same time as yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Carsfan2 my OH ordered her car around the same time as you and she got the grant number from the sales guy about three weeks ago. Installation seems to be flexible enough, we are in the process of moving so access to the house is limited. The build week is in a fortnight, dealer said delivery would be about a month later.

Edit: I just asked, the build week is next week.

I will push for the grant number again as would like to get it lined up before car arrives.

What spec did your partner order?
    Looks like these will become reasonably popular here too when more freely available. BMW don't seem to be pushing them much at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone who ordered what sort of GFV did you get?
    Just wondering if the difference between how they treat the grant makes a difference.

PM if you prefer.

I will push for the grant number again as would like to get it lined up before car arrives.

What spec did your partner order?
    Looks like these will become reasonably popular here too when more freely available. BMW don't seem to be pushing them much at all.

An MSport with the MSport plus package, interior package and the maps/traffic option which escapes me. The discounts make it less painful to spec it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered what sort of GFV did you get?
    Just wondering if the difference between how they treat the grant makes a difference.

PM if you prefer.

I got a quote from bmw finance.
    5k of grant went into deposit with max allowable deposit reduced by that amount.
    2.5k off retail price.
    I will dig out the gfv I got for both m sport and se

24243 gfv on the m sport with a retail of 53550
    21700 gfv on the se

mickdw wrote: »
    I got a quote from bmw finance.
    5k of grant went into deposit with max allowable deposit reduced by that amount.
    2.5k off retail price.
    I will dig out the gfv I got for both m sport and se

Ok, will defo need to double check mine as I was putting down a decent deposit and the extra 5k would have pushed it over the max.

• Advertisement

Ok, will defo need to double check mine as I was putting down a decent deposit and the extra 5k would have pushed it over the max.

Sure just go to max then and pocket the rest for next car. I think with the relatively high gfv, a cash injection will be needed to get anywhere near the same monthly again.

24243 gfv on the m sport with a retail of 53550

€10k ish depreciation/annum worst case scenario (barring really unexpected situations)

You'd imagine they'd be really in demand 2nd hand in 3 years time to perhaps a few k more than 24243 gfv would be achieved.

I haven't read the entire topic so apologies for the question but is it a CVT type transmission like in a Lexus hybrid?

Sure just go to max then and pocket the rest for next car. I think with the relatively high gfv, a cash injection will be needed to get anywhere near the same monthly again.

Yeah, it's tricky...He reckoned it should be worth 55% of it's value in 3 years, so using your figures that would be 29,452 about 5.5k left.

Of course it's impossible to predict the future, but I think his estimate made sense..

Yeah, it's tricky...He reckoned it should be worth 55% of it's value in 3 years, so using your figures that would be 29,452 about 5.5k left......

Worth on the forecourt or to the person trading it in?
    Dunno would they retail one for mid €30s in 3 year time.

Augeo wrote: »

Plenty of 131/132 for the mid 30's on Carzone at the moment so it's quite possible...

Augeo wrote: »

Well they will have a bit of room in the retail price of new car to help trade in value hopefully.
    To be honest, really one should only buy these using about 15% deposit cause if you cannot afford the repayment with a 15% deposit, you wont be able to replace it with a new one in 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Be aware too that in three years it'll be a buyers market with all the new stuff being sold now. 3 years ago things were different making 2nd hand prices now hold their value.

Well they will have a bit of room in the retail price of new car to help trade in value hopefully.
    To be honest, really one should only buy these using about 15% deposit cause if you cannot afford the repayment with a 15% deposit, you wont be able to replace it with a new one in 3 years.

Yep, definitely best to go for the full 30%, I won't be anyway.
    You'll have nice low payments now, but get a shock in 3 years

if the grant was still there in 3 years, it could form part of the deposit again.
    That way you would have little or no money to come up with potentially

if the grant was still there in 3 years, it could form part of the deposit again.
    That way you would have little or no money to come up with potentially

That's a big if!!

The EV guy I spoke to said it may only last another few months...

That's a big if!!

The EV guy I spoke to said it may only last another few months...

Is it even certain that the 5k can be claimed a second time?

• Advertisement

If it goes will make the residual value better anyway as new car will be more expensive.

I think it can be claimed more than once. Some of the Nissan Leaf guys on the ev forum are on their second or third car I think.

Are buyers thinking pcp is the way to go on the 330e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Frank Keane on the ball, have rung me twice now in 2 weeks looking to get me into their new M-Sport demo. I really don't want to waste his time as i'm almost definitely not in the market at the moment. But still curious to see how it feels on the road.

They tell me they can't keep up with demand, they're flying out the door.

Find it hard to believe that they're flying out the door as most people aren't aware the model even exists.

You should take it for a spin anyway to see what you think of it regardless of whether yours in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Is it even certain that the 5k can be claimed a second time?

It can be on the second car...
    But I can't really see the grant being put against the deposit...

Frank Keane on the ball, have rung me twice now in 2 weeks looking to get me into their new M-Sport demo. I really don't want to waste his time as i'm almost definitely not in the market at the moment. But still curious to see how it feels on the road.

That's nice, wouldn't mind a spin in that.
    Kearys have one, but it's Exec spec I think, so looks a bit plain IMO
    Drives really nice though

BMW actually insist on the 5k grant going into the deposit for pcp if you go that route!

Mine is coming week after next apparently.

BMW actually insist on the 5k grant going into the deposit for pcp if you go that route!

Mine is coming week after next apparently.

When I think about it, it makes perfect sense - they will make more in interest that way...

And if (When) the grant gets withdrawn it doesn't effect GFV / Finance calcs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Not sure he'd bother coaxing you for a demo if demand was so high...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I'm not sure what other way bmw could apply the grant to a customer taking out pcp? I highly doubt it has anything to do with making more on interest. What other way would they do it? They can't take it off the rrp as that isn't changing. Essentially it's the customer getting 5k cashback, so taking it from the deposit is the most logical way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

What ever date range, or criteria is used in that search, it's in no way accurate, there's plenty of orders in for these cars, likely not showing up yet.

330e is only becoming freely available now.
    I ordered end of March and will be another week or two before delivery so cars only coming now which makes those figures irrelevant in the context of the 330e model.
    I still don't think BMW have pushed it very much here however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

They were all ordered in the first 6 months, all deliveries are July +. He was talking more regards production, demand for these cars are high, more than anticipated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They were probably economical with the truth and didn't mention that they are flying out the door on the Continent. Demand for the 330e on the Continent is very high at present. Whereas the 330e was hidden on the BMW Ireland website configurator until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

No one who ordered one of these waited for it to show on configurator. Demo car was in country since late Jan I think... I ordered mine in Feb and took delivery 1 July. It landed late may. I was far from the only order even in the single garage where I purchased and that was months before configurator was announcing cars existence.

How are you enjoying it?
    What spec did you get?
    I test drove in March what I think was the only demo BMW had at the time.
    Mine will be here in the next week or two and from what the dealer tells me there is a lot of interest now.

Loving it.

Got a fairly high-spec one with Adaptive LEDs, Radar Cruise, Electric memory seats etc.

Car is a pleasure to drive - My first 3-series ( had a 5'er as a daily driver for years and there is absolutely no comparison in terms of driving experience) - the 3 is a very well-put together car.

Electric experience is interesting, one does become a bit of a 'green-freak' - driving in eco-pro and trying to eke out every last mile/mpg.

On the other hand the other half continues to drive with a very heavy foot and she seems blissfully unaware of the electric bits - it's just very quick, and often very quiet :-)

• Advertisement

Mine will be here in the next week or two and from what the dealer tells me there is a lot of interest now.

I've heard the same.

It's funny, get a lot of strange looks now parking at charging points or simply when people see a 'silent Beemer' passing, but I strongly suspect this will be a very short-lived phenomenon, and that they will become very common very fast. Mine wasn't the only one picked up from my garage July 1.

When you say no comparison to your previous 5 series, please tell me you mean in a good way?
    I've had a couple of 5 series and loved them I hope this is not going to be worse!

I presume he is referring to the 3 Series being smaller and lighter making it more nibble than the larger and heavier 5 Series.

Ours isn't coming in until next week. I've seen a few around though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

this new 3 will likely be several generations newer than the 5 it is being compared with...

Might go for a sneaky test drive tomorrow...

• Advertisement

I'd but that drive train if I could have it in the right car.
    5 series will be interesting. 4 series would be nice too.

I'd but that drive train if I could have it in the right car.
    5 series will be interesting. 4 series would be nice too.

I absolutely adore the 4-er GC. Combines the looks and practicality.

They should not have issues fitting the same hybrid drive-train to it...

Apparently a 430e GC is being launched when the LCI model goes on sale at the end of the year.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Apparently a 430e GC is being launched when the LCI model goes on sale at the end of the year.

Nice.

bazz26 wrote: »

Missus is going to kill me really soon... :]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement