Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank can't find deeds

Options
  • 23-01-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

We went sale agreed on a house 8 weeks ago and still haven't signed the contracts. I had been emailing the solicitor weekly for updates and they informed me that the banks are having trouble locating the deeds. We are meant to be moving in, in 5 weeks.

I was just wondering if anyone else has come up against this? And was there much of a delay. The solicitor isn't very forthcoming with information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I know there was a case a few years ago, where a bank "misplaced" a customers deeds, who was selling their house. Eventually the buyer pulled the sale and the seller sued the bank for compensation.

The banks has an incentive to find the deeds, as they can be sued. I wouldnt be surprised if new deeds have to be written.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/original-house-title-deeds-lost.109986/

Here is a breakdown of what will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I know there was a case a few years ago, where a bank "misplaced" a customers deeds, who was selling their house. Eventually the buyer pulled the sale and the seller sued the bank for compensation.

The banks has an incentive to find the deeds, as they can be sued. I wouldnt be surprised if new deeds have to be written.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/original-house-title-deeds-lost.109986/

Here is a breakdown of what will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF new deeds need to be made it could cause a delay of a few weeks .

Advertisement