Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to donate clothes?

Options
  • 23-01-2016 2:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just done a clearout and have a huge bunch of clothes to get rid of - I don't want to throw them out I want to donate them to a cause who can make money. Where should I bring them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

There's a Vincent de Paul shop in Firhouse shopping centre, another one in Tallaght village.

There's a variety of charity clothes bins just next to the Stadium in Tallaght, opposite the entrance to Woodies car park.

There's Mrs Greenes in Templeogue village.

There's the Women's Refuge in Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The three genuine charities who shove bags though my letterbox every so often for collection (usually in in two days time) are Barnardos, Irish Cancer Society and Enable Ireland (formerly Cerebral Palsy Ireland). If you have a large amount of good quality clothing and have it bagged, ring one of them and ask them if they'd be interested in collecting them. They definitely do have vans collecting bags every so often on the southside so perhaps if they're doing a collection in your area some time soon, they might swing by your place for a one-off collection by arrangement.

I'm not sure if all of the charity shops accept donations, I think some of them prefer to sort the stuff in a depot and from there distribute it to the shops as needed. If you arrive at a shop with several bags of clothes, they may not have the space to sort it, nor the shelf/hanger space to put it on display. I'd be fairly sure they'd prefer if you arranged to have it collected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Theres a clothes recycle bin in the rear car park of Marlay

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks all, i actually found a donation box in TK Maxx that goes to Enable Ireland...

Advertisement