Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud back up failed there was a problem enabling iCloud back up

• 23-01-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone got the above error message and how was it resolved?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try signing out of iCloud, restarting your phone and signing back into iCloud. Report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Zcott wrote: »
    Try signing out of iCloud, restarting your phone and signing back into iCloud. Report back.

I did that and while it does have iCloud back up turned back on when you go into it on the phone, when you click on "back up now" it starts but immediately reverts to the screen in the attachment. I've being reading the Apple Support Forums and it appears to affect people at different times. No amount of re-booting fixes it. I think some people got on to a 2nd level person in Apple who deleted their back up remotely and that helped. I rang Apple who didn't offer this bit said they're aware of the problem. I may ring them again and see. Must be a corrupt back up file on their servers.

The photo didn't attach to the last post. Here it is now:

The photo didn't attach to the last post. Here it is now.

EDIT: it won't attach. Getting an error message from Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Can you delete old backups yourself in settings > iCloud > storage > manage storage?

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    Can you delete old backups yourself in settings > iCloud > storage > manage storage?

Did that. The last back up is never. It won't let me turn off back up for individual apps even. Just keeps saying the last back up was not completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Might be worth backing up to itunes and then doing a DFU restore. Restore your back up then from itunes and try it then ? Worked for me

I didn't need to do a restore. I tried again this morning and it worked. It looks like it was a problem on Apple's side as others in the community forums can also now back up. I wish Apple could have notified us and said there was an issue affecting some users.

Advertisement