Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Husky not talking (woo wooing)

• 23-01-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

I have a Siberian husky/samoyed mix and she talks all day. She woo woos and will walk around after me howling and talking! It is very cute and sweet!

I had her neutered on Thursday and she has not woo'd or howled since...

Anybody who has a husky will know what I mean about the talking. Any husky owners out there ever had this experience?
    She is 2 and a half and has never been quite. She did give a few small barks yesterday but that is it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Could it be shes a bit sore? I know when I had my appendix out I couldn't laugh or cough properly without hurting the wound area for a week or so. Maybe wooing is using muscles that hurt her wound area?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Maybe its that but even though I know that she is sore she is able to go for short walks and is wagging her tail and looking happy today... just no talking :-(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

If she had pyo, as well as being spayed, you can be sure she's feeling a little under the weather.
    Another factor that I think people really underestimate (I know I did until I witnessed it:o) is that although it seems to affect some dogs minimally, the general anaesthetic can really knock a dog sideways for several days following an op... The dog on the surface of it seems okay, but they're just missing their vavavoom, the spark that makes them do certain things... Hopefully this is all that's causing the woowooing to stall... I've generally found that it takes 3-4 days for affected dogs to shake it off and return to normal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah agree with DBB. Lucy was grand after she was spayed and took it in her stride but Bailey having been in and out for X-rays, biopsies, operations etc takes a while to get over the sedation and anaesthetic but also just being left in the vets. They're all fantastic and we're so lucky to have them so not like he's being mistreated lol but he's just more anxious/sensitive to being left in. We pass the vets on our "short walk" route when somebody is injured or I'm being lazy :p and I'm like Stretch Armstrong with the two of them - Bailey trying to get by as fast as possible and Lucy stopping to have a good gawk in - if there's a dog or two in there even better! We were there that long one day when there was a few dogs fin the waiting room somebody opened the door thinking I was waiting to go in lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Panic is over for me now as she is back talking! She started wooing at me last night and told me the whole story of what happened to her!!!!! It was cute she was talking for at least an hour!!!

I am surprised by how much it has taken out of her but I think now that it is looking like she may have her spark back a bit. My last dog Gizmo was over it by the next day but she was spayed very young. I guess the age and the pyo would all make it a bit harder to recover quick.
    She used to love going to the vets so I will be interested to see how this Thursday goes when she has to get the stitches out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement