Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir upgrade issue

Options
  • 23-01-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Alan ,
    I hoped I'd be finished with eir for few weeks but I'm afraid I've another issue through which an agent falsely added a new line instead of a broadband upgrade .
    Our (mothers) account number I will send to you privately but it seems that the agent instead of adding broadband to our account has gone ahead and ordered a new line to an existing phone line .

We have not received this and on phoning today about a broadband upgrade it seems that the agent incorrectly went ahead and placed an order for a new line with broadband . We were not aware of this at all. The agent clearly entered the incorrect information .

This was Saturday the 9th of January .
    The lack of trust with eir is so real that I am posting this online .
    I hope you can rectify this as this broadband add ons sole purpose is for elderly monitoring of my mother .

I will forward on to the account details privately with the two names and I ask you to help assist in this matter .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi Alan

I have sent you a PM on Saturday so you should have all the details of our account , numbers and email.

Please can you confirm the information I received when calling the cancellation team this evening .

I talked to Alison in cancellations and explained what the representative told me on Saturday . The information I was given was to cancel the new line and broadband as this was incorrectly setup by the sales agent previously on the 9th of January.
    I talked to Alison in cancellations just now . She said as this was an old line and account and the only way they could add broadband was to create a new line with broadband . So I am now told that the representative on Saturday was incorrect .
    Alison also told me that I would be billed only for the upgrade as ordered .

Again my trust is shattered with eir .

The representative on Saturday attached a note to the account . I was informed today from Alison that your interdepartmental information is not shared due to data protection . This is a complete fabrication . Will you lease confirm again that what we asked for is all that eir is selling us . I.e. A broadband upgrade .

Can you please confirm that Alison is correct and that the only billing we will relieve is for an upgrade broadband .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan

I have sent you a PM  on Saturday so you should have all the details of our account , numbers and email.

Please can you confirm the information I received when calling the cancellation team this evening .

I talked to Alison in cancellations and explained what the representative told me on Saturday . The information I was given was to cancel the new line and broadband as this was incorrectly setup by the sales agent previously on the 9th of January.
    I talked to Alison in cancellations just now . She said as this was an old line and account and the only way they could add broadband was to create a new line with broadband . So I am now told that the representative on Saturday was incorrect .
    Alison also told me that I would be billed only for the upgrade as ordered .

Again my trust is shattered with eir .

The representative on Saturday attached a note to the account . I was  informed today from Alison that your interdepartmental information is not shared due to data protection . This is a complete fabrication . Will you lease confirm again that what we asked for is all that eir is selling us . I.e. A broadband upgrade .

Can you please confirm that Alison is correct and that the only billing we will relieve is for an upgrade broadband .
    Hi homewardbound11

I have not received a PM from you - you sure you sent it to me? there is no record of it of it in my inbox.

Thanks
    Al

I was away from home for the past week and hence I could not get all the information .
    Well what's the worst that could happen with a week to installation . Alison in cancellations , yes the girl with the data protection issues could hardly be wrong .

Fast forward to Thursday this week . Kn networks call out and tried to fit a second line . I kid you not .
    I sincerely hope that someone who really runs this nut house of a company is reading this .
    1 month awaiting for a broadband upgrade to an existing line and still nothing .
    On a personal level this upgrade is required so that an elderly person who is suffering with Alzheimer's can at least have a few more months in their own home . Thankfully by the time this crowd get around to it . It will not be needed.

Another fine mess of a situation that only a fools and horses type setup could screw up.

I was away from home for the past week and hence I could not get all the information .
    Well what's the worst that could happen with a week to installation . Alison in cancellations , yes the girl with the data protection issues could hardly be wrong .

Fast forward to Thursday this week . Kn networks call out and tried to fit a second line . I kid you not .
    I sincerely hope that someone who really runs this nut house of a company is reading this .
    1 month awaiting for a broadband upgrade to an existing line and still nothing .
    On a personal level this upgrade is required so that an elderly person who is suffering with Alzheimer's can at least have a few more months in their own home . Thankfully by the time this crowd get around to it . It will not be needed.

Another fine mess of a situation that only a fools and horses type setup could screw up.
    Hi homewardbound11

I'm really sorry to learn of the circumstances however I still do not have a PM from you

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi homewardbound11

I'm really sorry to learn of the circumstances however I still do not have a PM from you

Thanks
    Al

I know Alan .
    I have asked a family member to deal with it . It was consuming to deal with and frustrating beyond belief. I have been away on work purposes each week for a while now .
    so a fresh face might reap better rewards . We actually have a bet on now to see if the most recent conversation will be true . Friday is the promised date . Apparently is is just a a connection at the exchange now . The line was able to have broadband all along but no one even tested it .

Anyway I'm finished for now as I can't deal with this company in any manner when I have no proof of any conversation or written emails to confirm who has said what .
    If it were on emails at least someone would be accountable for time after time blunders .
    I sincerely hope management level look at this as I use boards for my accountability . It pity that eir don't do the same .

• Advertisement

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi homewardbound11

Thanks
    Al

I know Alan .
    I have asked a family member to deal with it . It was consuming to deal with and frustrating beyond belief. I have been away on work purposes each week for a while now .
    so a fresh face might reap better rewards . We actually have a bet on now to see if the most recent conversation will be true . Friday is the promised date . Apparently is is just a a connection at the exchange now . The line was able to have broadband all along  but no one even tested it .

Anyway I'm finished for now as I can't deal with this company in any manner when I have no proof of any conversation or written emails to confirm who has said what .
    If it were on emails at least someone would be accountable for time after time blunders .
    I sincerely hope management level look at this as I use boards for my accountability . It pity that eir don't do the same .
    Hi homewardbound11

If at any point you want me to look in to this I am happy to do so.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement