Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Referees

Options
  • 23-01-2016 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have three typed and printed references to send off with my CAO application. The CAO form also has a section where you fill in two references 'who can confirm the info on your application is accurate'.

Now my referees who all typed up very nice letters for me (one former employer, one former tutor and one character ref) aren't going to be aware that I did X and Y personal interest course or that I left my first undergraduate degree and details like that that weren't relevant to their references of me. (Not that any of this is a secret!)

Should I just forego the CAO section and refer them to my supplementary documentation which will have my printed references, or do they particularly want someone who can say 'yes she did that in college and left and has done X and Y since' ??

Sorry if I'm looking into it too much, just want to get it right!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Hello,

I sent all of mine printed - I put the same contact details of my two most recent referees on the CAO website, but posted them in by beginning of February. References should be on headed paper, so if your letter of reference has someone's work email address for example on there, put that on the CAO website rather than their personal one so that they match.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

Thanks very much Healium :)

Advertisement