Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account locked

Options
  • 23-01-2016 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Tried to login into my account using my laptop last night and got a message saying "too many login failures", I use the auto login so it remembers my password and very rarely uses my account on the laptop as I logs in using my phone but it also locked me out on the phone too last night

when tried logging in this morning using my phone it worked but tried again on my laptop and has locked me out again, but my phone is still able to post for the time being at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This is happening to a number of people and is, I believe, as a result of the issues the site is having.

The techies are working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I got that error message too but on my phone. I tried to reset my password several times to no avail. I was not getting the activation email. Eventually I did start getting them. I also had to clear the cache on my phone to then stop the error message coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Everything seems to be working now, cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Came here to report the same issue.
    I wouldn't bother resetting your password..just use your laptop/desktop to access Boards until the issue's sorted.
    I've had the same problem using my phone this evening.
    Hoepfully it can be sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Works on phone but not on desktop. Says password entered incorrectly too many times for some reason. Can't imagine the work involved in setting all this right again-best of luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,763 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Happening to me as well. As Tom Dunne said, only solution seems to be to wait until the ladies and gents at HQ can sort it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I'm having the same issue, O can login on my phone but not my laptop (Too many login failures)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

I have the same problem.

Luckily I'm still logged in on my home server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im having the same issue. No problem on desktop but mobile says account locked

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi everyone.

Please see Niamh's post on this from just a few minutes ago. If anyone else is still having problems, please let us know.

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement