Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Protest

Options
  • 23-01-2016 8:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

was their one in the city today? did many attend?
    i rememeber a fairly big one last year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭Storm 10

was their one in the city today? did many attend?
    i rememeber a fairly big one last year

Two hundred according to local news

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

they have a habbit of over exaggerating these things, prob closer to 100, they would have helped there cause if they let people know when and where they were protesting, i didnt see a thing on social media or any galway forum abt it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

they have a habbit of over exaggerating these things, prob closer to 100, they would have helped there cause if they let people know when and where they were protesting, i didnt see a thing on social media or any galway forum abt it

It's all over my social media feed, I suppose it depends who you associate with!:D

IMO I prefer first hand info or a photo to media sources (and in some cases of course the organisation itself) as there usually some agenda (Gardaí official figures I have also found way off btw). Just looking at photos now and I would put it well over 200!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

inisboffin wrote: »
    It's all over my social media feed, I suppose it depends who you associate with!:D

IMO I prefer first hand info or a photo to media sources (and in some cases of course the organisation itself) as there usually some agenda (Gardaí official figures I have also found way off btw). Just looking at photos now and I would put it well over 200!

I was there I reckon 800++++

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Any pics?
    Friends I spoke to said 350 ish

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Any pics?
    Friends I spoke to said 350 ish

My mate was there and he said abt 150
    I would have been there myself but I was looking at the whats left of the grass on eyre square

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

RTE reported 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Gardaí official figures I have also found way off btw

The Gardaí don't provide "official figures", it's not part of their role. They do tend to share their own rough estimate, but that's all it is.

http://www.rte.ie/news/special-reports/2014/1208/665393-water-protest-counting-the-madding-crowd/

Many of the numbers I've seen reported by the water protesters have been greatly exaggerated when you look at the crowd density they're claiming and compare to photos from the event.

http://www.gkstill.com/Support/crowd-density/625sm/Density4.html

http://www.gkstill.com/Support/crowd-flow/MovingDensity.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Fair play to them!
    I was at the one in Dublin.
    It is absolutely invigorating protesting against this wasteful superquango.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

There were about 67 of them, I took a photo at 2pm on my way over to the Connacht game.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

GDSGR8 wrote: »
    There were about 67 of them, I took a photo at 2pm on my way over to the Connacht game.

You are doing it wrong, you are supposed to count the randomers on the fringe of the photo who are on other business as protestors, adds at least 40%

Advertisement