Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 23rd. January 2016

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I assume Strange was over this side of the world to do circuit of interviews rather than just to go to the Walsh Cup final*.

So he must have been interviewed on some other channel by someone better than D'Arcy.

*Leinster hurling pre season competition.

Not according to the Herald. RTE flew him in specially.

(They make no mention of the Walsh Cup, but I'm guessing that's the main reason Strang agreed to come)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

mikeym wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can complain to RTE about the Ray Darcy show???

I pay my tv licence and im entitled to complain.

Edit: complaints@rte.ie (is it the right email address)

Good point, I think I will make a complaint about D'Arcy also at this stage. If everyone starts complaining the same week maybe it'll look orchestrated, so I'd suggest over time if people are fed up with D'Arcy's performance make sure to complain officially instead of just here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good point, I think I will make a complaint about D'Arcy also at this stage. If everyone starts complaining the same week maybe it'll look orchestrated, so I'd suggest over time if people are fed up with D'Arcy's performance make sure to complain officially instead of just here.

I don't think it will matter how many complaints they get, he's going to do 2 seasons unless he does something mad live like attack a guest. RTÉ don't "do" mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It looks like Mairead has come to the rescue to tell people to lay off Ray ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

bmm wrote: »
    Is it not mailbag? If RTE can answer your complaint with a cheeky obvious answer you get £25 irish pounds !!

Fcuk me people that wrote to mailbag were worse than boardsies for whinging about petty cr@p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It looks like Mairead has come to the rescue to tell people to lay off Ray ;)

If he was from the dole q to his role it would be fine but he was brought in to replace Brendan who was actually doing a decent role and he replaced him with a brutal style like someone doing it with a weeks training. Mairead defending him reminds me of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I missed the interview on the night but watched it back recently. I don't see what all the outrage is over. He did a decent interview from what I seen. People seem to have it in for him. I use to be a big fan of his Today fm radio show but moved away from it towards the end. While I do think he seems a bit awkward and fidgety in front of the camera, I thought this interview doesn't warrant all the abuse he's been getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

If he was from the dole q to his role it would be fine but he was brought in to replace Brendan who was actually doing a decent role and he replaced him with a brutal style like someone doing it with a weeks training. Mairead defending him reminds me of this...

I think someone posted back then, the reason they got rid of Brendan, was that he was doing too well & decided to 'take him out' (of Tubridy's misery) ;)

No chance of Ray, doing that & probably why he got a 2nd season ;)
    considering he's in a safe job, as mentioned earlier when Larry Gogan told Terry Wogan, that he was crazy to leave a 'guaranteed job@RTE' as both started on RTE on same day, apparently Terry had enough of the cronyism & left?

Advertisement