Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping success

Options
  • 24-01-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

My husband has been a heavy smoker for over 55 years and he started Vaping 3 months ago. For the first time in 3 months he tried a cigarette last night and he hated it, he said it tasted horrible and he could not wait to clean his teeth, its brilliant I never thought we would get to this stage but we have, Thank God for Vaping!

Does anyone know where you can possibly sell unwanted cigarettes, he has a few cartons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Zelda247 wrote:
    My husband has been a heavy smoker for over 55 years and he started Vaping 3 months ago. For the first time in 3 months he tried a cigarette last night and he hated it, he said it tasted horrible and he could not wait to clean his teeth, its brilliant I never thought we would get to this stage but we have, Thank God for Vaping!

This is excellent news, I'm delighted for you both, wouldn't be able to offer insight on the cigarettes, but just wanted to say congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

nkav86 wrote: »
    This is excellent news, I'm delighted for you both, wouldn't be able to offer insight on the cigarettes, but just wanted to say congrats!

Thanks very much, we are trilled. I really just wanted to share the message that it can be done. I really never thought he would be able to give up smoking but he has, Thank God for vaping he could not have done it otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

My cousin is about 50. Started smoking when he was about 14. Been vaping about a year now. The change in his health is unreal.

This is why I get defenive whenever I hear the "Oh a study in the US has found vaping is just as harmful as smoking". Well between myself and other people I know who swapped smoking for vaping, the health benefits were apparent after just a couple of days. So I don't believe those studies.

syklops wrote: »
    My cousin is about 50. Started smoking when he was about 14. Been vaping about a year now. The change in his health is unreal.

This is why I get defenive whenever I hear the "Oh a study in the US has found vaping is just as harmful as smoking". Well between myself and other people I know who swapped smoking for vaping, the health benefits were apparent after just a couple of days. So I don't believe those studies.

Me neither. My husband feels so much better and he also looks better, his skin and hair has improved as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Me neither. My husband feels so much better and he also looks better, his skin and hair has improved as well.

Don't forget to mention all this to your local politician when he/she comes knocking on your door looking for your vote .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Don't forget to mention all this to your local politician when he/she comes knocking on your door looking for your vote .

Too right!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Still trying to get my da on this but he coughs like a lunatic when he tries it. Been smoking 40 years easily and have never seen him cough from the pipe. Did your husband get this at all?

chipfox wrote: »
    Still trying to get my da on this but he coughs like a lunatic when he tries it. Been smoking 40 years easily and have never seen him cough from the pipe. Did your husband get this at all?

Yes he did cough, what mg is he trying? my husband is on 18 at the moment but trying to move to 12.

Please try to encourage him to try it it take a bit of perseverance but he will get used to it. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

The cough will go away quick like 2-3 days, heavy smokers get that most in my experience, the adjustment to vape can be a bit tough for some but a bit of perseverance for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Had him try an old pen vape and a similar experience and 10 times worse on my subtank mini. 5-6mg strength

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

chipfox wrote: »
    Had him try an old pen vape and a similar experience and 10 times worse on my subtank mini. 5-6mg strength

It's because the throat hit is different to what you get from a smoke.

I choked every time I took an inhale from my ecig for the first three days! Perseverance is needed

JH_raheny wrote: »
    The cough will go away quick like 2-3 days, heavy smokers get that most in my experience, the adjustment to vape can be a bit tough for some but a bit of perseverance for a few days

I agree please persevere it is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Its simply the difference between dry smoke vs wet vapour.
    Its like when you go into a sauna, oh boy is it hard to breathe.
    It passes after a day or so dedicated vaping, then its hard to go back on the smokes without coughing your lungs up.

Didihno wrote: »
    Its simply the difference between dry smoke vs wet vapour.
    Its like when you go into a sauna, oh boy is it hard to breathe.
    It passes after a day or so dedicated vaping, then its hard to go back on the smokes without coughing your lungs up.

My husband said when he tried a cigarette after 3 months vaping, the taste was disgusting he could not wait to clean his teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Does anyone know where you can possibly sell unwanted cigarettes, he has a few cartons?
    Pubs.

grindle wrote: »
    Pubs.

ah thanks for that but we live in a very rural area so the pubs are always empty and most people don't smoke, plus the cigs are Marlboro Red which don't seem to be that popular in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

ah thanks for that but we live in a very rural area so the pubs are always empty and most people don't smoke, plus the cigs are Marlboro Red which don't seem to be that popular in Ireland.

They were my favorites along with old holborn...but no more:D:D

You could advertise them in such a way on Adverts.ie that it wont break the law,or Gumtree or a boot sale maybe.

They were my favorites along with old holborn...but no more:D:D

You could advertise them in such a way on Adverts.ie that it wont break the law,or Gumtree or a boot sale maybe.

Thanks but apparently you need a license to sell cigs, live in a very rural area and have never seen any boot sales.

Advertisement