Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jack Russell spaying?

• 24-01-2016 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Hello there.

Got our female jrt spayed 10 days ago (stitches out tomorrow)

We were given antibiotics because she may have developed an infection.

She is barely eating anything, but is drinking water and going to the bathroom.

Should I be very concerned and seek advice from another vet? She already got injections three days after spaying to help her, but the poor thing is just not herself.

She has also taking a disliking to the pills. Even trying to hide them in chicken or fish isn't working.

Any advice or experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If it was me I'd call my own vet for advice first before going somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Does her wound look ok? Not red or inflamed at all? I'd be concerned about a pup not eating properly for 10 days. I'd also recommend either phoning or going back to your vet asap

Good luck, I hope she's ok. Spaying is usually very easy so sorry your pup seems to be having a hard time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Howdy. Just an update. Stitches came out. Antibiotics finished. She is doing a lot better. Eating a good deal of food now. Nearly back to her old self.

Thanks for the help both of ye :)

Advertisement