Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headaches

Options
  • 24-01-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

I'll start off by saying I am not looking for medical advice but I would like to hear other experiences with headaches in pregnancy.

I'm in my third trimester, all going smoothly up to a week ago when I started getting throbbing headaches on one side of my head, a burning sensation above my ear that would eventually spread to the other side. I've been to the doctor as I am aware it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia so she checked me out and my blood pressure is fine, she doesn't think it's sinus related and basically said it is probably pregnancy related.

I have tried paracetamol but that doesn't really touch the pain so does anyone have any tips? I have been told to just take it easy for the next few days and drink lots of water (which I am already doing). Also if anyone experienced these headaches in previous pregnancies do they disappear once baby arrives? I never get headaches normally so I'm hoping they're not something I just have to get used to :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

I'm 34 wks at the minute. I had really bad headaches during second trimester and still get some now. I figured out that if I overdid it or got extremely tired that i got these migraine like headaches. Rest as much as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Yes I think it's just tiredness as I've been resting this week and the headaches have subsided. I think I'll just have to take it easy for the last stretch and hopefully keep them at bay!

Advertisement