Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uplifting perfume

Options
  • 24-01-2016 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi all looking for a perfume that will take me on a magical journey and be uplifting any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

If you mean a citrusy fresh type of fragrance- I love Jo Malone lime basil and mandarin or the graipfruit cologne. Probably a bit more expensive than your normal types but fragrance lasts.

Another one I've started using is essential molecule no. 3 which as far as I know is only available in brown Thomas.

The good thing about citrusy types of perfumes is you can layer them on top of each other and they don't clash. I love my grapefruit cologne during the day and top it with molecule in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I'd really recommend taking some time at a Jo Malone counter to try all the fragrances; it might give you a good idea on the type scents you like.

It's a very personal thing perfume so what you find uplifting other people might not and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I'd really recommend taking some time at a Jo Malone counter to try all the fragrances; it might give you a good idea on the type scents you like.

It's a very personal thing perfume so what you find uplifting other people might not and visa versa.

I really am clueless when it comes to perfume. Where would I find a Jo Malone counter? My last purchase was Flowerbomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

pinkstars wrote: »
    I really am clueless when it comes to perfume. Where would I find a Jo Malone counter? My last purchase was Flowerbomb.

I don't know where your located but if you do a quick search on Google you might find if your near one.

I own flowerbomb and I have Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede and Dark Amber & Ginger Lily. Neither are particularly uplifting

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Don't know if there's such a thing as an "uplifting perfume", per se- if you love a perfume, it will uplift you!

That's going to involve trial and error and lots of looking around. Are you looking for something similar to Flowerbomb or a complete departure? What kind of notes do you like? Citrusy, floral, etc?

People here can give suggestions but ultimately your best bet is to spend a lot of time spritzing at counters! (There are worse ways to spend time!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement