Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resigning primary job, requirements?

• 24-01-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am considering resigning my permanent position in order to move home & start putting down some roots! I'm in my job 8 years - what are the requirements with garda vetting in order to move? Any advice on filling in a Standard Application Form? Advice on possible questions? I was lucky in that my first intervew = successful so I don't have any interview experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭hockey21

hey
    Well I feel I must reply to you as I was in your situation. I resigned my job last August and moved to a rural area I had 12 years teaching experience had done loads of post grad courses in teaching had started applying for jobs in April till August I got two interviews. So what I have realised now it might be different where ever you are going is that people are lined up for the jobs people who had less experience than me got jobs and were clearly not great teachers as I ended up subbing in the schools I was interviewed on. So keep applying for jobs u just never know but what you need to do is resign move and in the September or I started in te October go around all the schools with your cv and meet the principals and sound enthusiastic. Principals will appreciate your experience but more than likely people are lined up for jobs all permanent jobs are panel. So I'm just subbing and I got a part time teaching position which is great and going to build up my hours and get on supplementary panel. The other option you have is that of your school is losing a teacher ask the person for their panel rights you move panel that way that's probably the best option or try the teacher exchange. Garda vetting can take a while so apply now for subbing u need a statutory declaration form. Best of luck 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

hockey21 wrote: »
    hey
    Well I feel I must reply to you as I was in your situation. I resigned my job last August and moved to a rural area I had 12 years teaching experience had done loads of post grad courses in teaching had started applying for jobs in April till August I got two interviews. So what I have realised now it might be different where ever you are going is that people are lined up for the jobs people who had less experience than me got jobs and were clearly not great teachers as I ended up subbing in the schools I was interviewed on. So keep applying for jobs u just never know but what you need to do is resign move and in the September or I started in te October go around all the schools with your cv and meet the principals and sound enthusiastic. Principals will appreciate your experience but more than likely people are lined up for jobs all permanent jobs are panel. So I'm just subbing and I got a part time teaching position which is great and going to build up my hours and get on supplementary panel. The other option you have is that of your school is losing a teacher ask the person for their panel rights you move panel that way that's probably the best option or try the teacher exchange. Garda vetting can take a while so apply now for subbing u need a statutory declaration form. Best of luck 😊

Thanks hockey. Unfortunately I'd be looking to move west of the Shannon and jobs are notoriously difficult to come by. I've been teaching in a large school and somewhat dread the thoughts of being in a 2 teacher school as i'm so used to having large staff etc. Is garda vetting the only necessary thing that I'd have to do? There's nobody losing a permanent position and swapping to panels that would suit me wouldn't really be allowing anyone on. Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭hockey21

garda vetting and if you are subbing a statutory declaration form you also need teaching council cert.
    Best of luck 😊

Advertisement