Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer AX-705 or Lenovo H50

Options
  • 24-01-2016 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum. I'm upgrading my desktop PC. Hoping the folks in here will help me choose between one of the following or perhaps something else I haven't found?

Acer Aspire XC-705
    Intel Core i5 4660
    8GB RAM
    3TB HDD

Lenovo H50
    AMD A10-7800
    12GB RAM
    GPU: AMD Radeon R7 240 (2 GB)
    2TB Storage

I like the small footprint of the Acer, and I have a 1GB Nvidia Geforce GPU I could pop in there (if it's compatible). It also comes with Windows 10 preloaded.

I'm slightly concerned that the Lenovo might be troublesome - my only experience with Lenovos is trying to fix my Dad's Windows 8 laptop, which was nothing but trouble since the day he bought it. I'm not sure if this PC comes with windows 8.1 or windows 10 (it says there's a free upgrade included).

I don't require a gaming PC. I do ocasionally edit videos and audio files. I also use AutoCad.

Which one would you choose? Is there anything else out there around that I should consider?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Acer is way faster overall. The Lenovo would have been somewhat better for games (though still mediocre.)

Keep in mind that the Acer is a SFF case (very limited in choice of graphics card in terms of upgrade).

Overall though it's a no-brainer for the Acer.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

The Acer is way faster overall. The Lenovo would have been somewhat better for games (though still mediocre.)

Keep in mind that the Acer is a SFF case (very limited in choice of graphics card in terms of upgrade).

Overall though it's a no-brainer for the Acer.

Brilliant. This is exactly the type of push I was looking for.

Thanks a million.

Advertisement