Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Astrofest 2016 in London?

Options
  • 25-01-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've booked to go over to Astrofest in London next month. Is anyone on boards.ie going to the event and maybe might link up? Usually there are a few from Ireland at the show and I know a couple of other Irish amateur astronomers will definitely be there this year.

Just going to the exhibition on the Saturday but will be in the City from Friday, February 5th to Monday, February 8th. Planning to visit the Cosmonauts exhibition in the Science Gallery in Kensington on the Monday.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

Hi all,

I've some photos of the Cosmonauts exhibition posted to the gallery below. The exhibition is running until mid-March in the Science Museum in London. I went across last weekend (and also took in Astrofest hosted by Astronomy Now magazine).

If you are in London then do get along to see Cosmonauts. It's a rare opportunity see actual spacecraft and mock-ups of historic vehicles along with pages from Konstatin Tsiolkovsky's notebooks, rare memorabilia, and a glimpse into the genius of Sergei Korolev. For me, what was extraordinary, was seeing the only possession Korolev had when he was released from the Siberian Gulag; a single metal cup engraved with his name.

Great credit is due to all involved with the exhibition as it really engages.

Photos at: https://goo.gl/photos/ihZXXtdLXwD2uvXk8 ... click on the little (i) icon to the upper right of each photo for the captions.

John

Advertisement