Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in RFD mid FCA1 application

Options
  • 25-01-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I have sent in my FCA1 (as most of you know). I have also joined courtlough and have a locker rented with them. They have told me that they can hold onto my firearms until I get licensed, which would allow me to use them.

So my question is about the FCA1 and the current details provided are for Stakelums for my shotgun and a private sale for my rifle. If I do have the guns moved to courtlough, they will be signed over to courtlough. Could this in anyway impact my FCA1 application, which has already been sent in?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

No.

If they (An Gardaí) ring Stakelums they (Stakelums) will give them the PULSE ID number of Courtlough. Then An Gardaí ring Courtlough who confirm the gun is now in storage there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Cass wrote: »
    No.

If they (An Gardaí) ring Stakelums they (Stakelums) will give them the PULSE ID number of Courtlough. Then An Gardaí ring Courtlough who confirm the gun is now in storage there.

And so the same applies if they ring the private seller, who can just say the gun is now in courtlough? Grand. Thanks again cass. I will give Sean a ring and try to arrange collection for next Monday. Courtlough is closed on Tuesdays and Sean isn't there Wednesdays and my work ties me up on the other days, including Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Have the gun shipped direct from one dealer to another, the cost is minor and will make life easier.
    I've done it from one side of the country to another and it works out cheeper in relation to fuel, time and expensive etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Have the gun shipped direct from one dealer to another, the cost is minor and will make life easier.
    I've done it from one side of the country to another and it works out cheeper in relation to fuel, time and expensive etc.

Any recommendations on who to do that? Or you reckon Sean will have someone in mind? I am having a bit of trouble reaching him. Tried the store, but he was on lunch. Rang his mobile after lunch and no answer. Rang store again and the girl can't reach him, so left my name and number about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I can't recommend any individual company, maybe someone here can, in my case it was organized through the shop. I received a tracking number and details of the delivery, the gun arrived at my address wrapped in the proverbial 'brown paper wrapper'.
    I buy 90% of my ammunition off the internet and it's delivered promptly and securely by a standard courier service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Does not change anything. Where you purchased the guns and where you have them stored doesn't have to be the same person/business.

Advertisement