Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

place to live in Waterford

Options
  • 25-01-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone! So I just landed myself a pretty sweet job in Waterford and I am now in the process of moving.
    I am at stage 1 at the moment:
    Find a house to live.
    I thought it wise to get advise from people who already live in the city.
    So Waterford boardsies any advise?
    Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Where in Waterford will your job be based?

If you let us know that then we can advise suitable places nearby so you can have a reasonable commute etc.

In general the Dunmore Road area of the City is probably the most expensive area to live in but there are other very nice areas too which are fine and there are a few that you probably should keep away from too...

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I'll be working in the industrial estate in Cleaboy Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

If you are working in the estate then you have a few options if you want to be close by.

Ashley court, Hillview or Lismore Park are all within a few minutes drive or maybe even walking distance but were generally built in the 70s and 80s.
    There also could be a large contingent of students in these areas as the college is very close to the estate as well so you might need to watch out for that.

The other option would be the Dunmore road which would be about 20 mins drive and the traffic can be heavy at peak times but the houses are generally newer.

Or otherwise somewhere like Kilmeadan village is about 15 mins drive and would be more rural but could also suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

So Waterford boardsies any advise?
    Thank you in advance!

Stay where you are:D
    only kiddin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Hope you don't mind me button in OP. Guys what is ferrybank like? any parts to avoid? Also are all Waterford houses for sale up on daft or myhome, or is there a more local site people use. I'm looking for something to buy under 150k, want no antisocial behaviour which might be a big ask on that budget. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hope you don't mind me button in OP. Guys what is ferrybank like? any parts to avoid? Also are all Waterford houses for sale up on daft or myhome, or is there a more local site people use. I'm looking for something to buy under 150k, want no antisocial behaviour which might be a big ask on that budget. Thanks.

Have a look out around the hospital area

Advertisement