Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6S - 64GB - Blurred photos while browsing collection`

• 25-01-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭

Weird, never had a prob on the 6. While scrolling through photos, they are taking time to show clear resolution, blurred initially. A little progress timer in the bottom corner of the screen will move accordingly. Anyone else see this ? PITA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have this with my 6. I presume it's just to save on memory that it shows a thumbnail of sorts and then loads the clear photo. Usually after you zoom in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You have iCloud Photo Library enabled and optimise phone storage. It saves a low res version of each pic on the phone and when you view them it downloads the proper high res one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

guil wrote: »
    You have iCloud Photo Library enabled and optimise phone storage. It saves a low res version of each pic on the phone and when you view them it downloads the proper high res one.
    Yep, but it was the same situation on its predecessor, and I never experienced any such delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Just disable it.. Under Settings -> Photos and Camera
    Select "Download and keep originals" instead of "Optimise iPhone Storage"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Just disable it.. Under Settings -> Photos and Camera
    Select "Download and keep originals" instead of "Optimise iPhone Storage"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

dodzy wrote: »
    Yep, but it was the same situation on its predecessor, and I never experienced any such delays.

I'm sure it depends on your internet connection.

guil wrote: »
    I'm sure it depends on your internet connection.
    240mb UPC. Disabled the optimize feature. Cheers folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd only disable it if you have the space to disable it. Photos will take up a lot of space quickly.

Also, if you favourite a photo it'll always stay downloaded.

Zcott wrote: »
    I'd only disable it if you have the space to disable it. Photos will take up a lot of space quickly.

Also, if you favourite a photo it'll always stay downloaded.

64gb, currently at 9gb used, so should be fine until I get my 128gb iPhone 7;)

Advertisement