Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new house connection

Options
  • 25-01-2016 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I'm in the final stages of a new house build and am looking at me broadband options. How do I iniate this process to get a broadband connection to my house. I'm not too interested in a land line. What packages are available to new customers? Also what is the lead in times for this?

Thanks...   

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi,

I'm in the final stages of a new house build and am looking at me broadband options. How do I iniate this process to get a broadband connection to my house. I'm not too interested in a land line. What packages are available to new customers? Also what is the lead in times for this?

Thanks...
    Hi eyeball kid

Standalone broadband is €45 per month - a line is required though (as eir broadband works off phone lines) if you go for a standalone option the line is made inactive but it still needs to be installed.

Lead times can vary especially in relation to new builds - I have seen time-frames from anything from 10 working days to six months - ultimately all dependent what infrastructure is there, if ducting is required - if a new pole needs to be erected (which may require planning permission) etc.

It's important to note that we cannot guarantee broadband or offer an indication if it is available until there's a working line there to test.

The best thing to do is to get in your order for a site inspection by engineer (which is about ten working days) and then eir can offer you a more accurate indication of time-frame forecasted. To order please contact sales on free phone 1800500300.

*edit sales: 1800500300

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi eyeball kid

Standalone broadband is €45 per month - a line is required though (as eir broadband works off phone lines) if you go for a standalone option the line is made inactive but it still needs to be installed.

Lead times can vary especially in relation to new builds - I have seen time-frames from anything from 10 working days to six months - ultimately all dependent what infrastructure is there, if ducting is required - if a new pole needs to be erected (which may require planning permission) etc.

It's important to note that we cannot guarantee broadband or offer an indication if it is available until there's a working line there to test.

The best thing to do is to get in your order for a site inspection by engineer (which is about ten working days) and then eir can offer you a more accurate indication of time-frame forecasted. To order please contact sales on free phone 1800500600.

Cheers

Al

Hi Alan,

Can you confirm that number please?

Thanks.

Hi eyeball kid

The best thing to do is to get in your order for a site inspection by engineer (which is about ten working days) and then eir can offer you a more accurate indication of time-frame forecasted. To order please contact sales on free phone 1800500600.

Cheers

Al

Hi Alan,

Can you confirm that number please?

Thanks.
    Which number eyeball kid ? Sales on free phone 1800500300 ?

Al

Apologies for the earlier typo eyeball kid

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

AL

Thanks Al, nearly booked a hotel room with the first number!

• Advertisement

AL

Thanks Al, nearly booked a hotel room with the first number!
    Sorry eyeball kid :)

Although I'm sure you could do with a break after completing a new house build - best of luck with the move by the way :)

Al

Advertisement