Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncongested broadband does not appear so

Options
  • 25-01-2016 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

My wife was talked into trying Eircom again by a salesperson a little over a year ago. Was promised an uncongested broadband connection with 10/12 MB, sales guy said to get in touch with him directly if ever had any issues. On switch over, our speed has consistently been less than the average 5MB I had with previous provider. Unfortunately was abroad working during the 14 day cool down period and resigned myself to 18 months of Eircom/Eir service.

Have checked on Eir webpage and seems I'm in an advanced broadband area and can get a maximum of 9Mb download speed. Lower than your sales guy said was available.

Think it was afternoon of the 11th of January, lost broadband completly in my neighbourhood for a number of hours. As luck would have it, I happened to be updating the firmware of my router (Not Eircom issue) when broadband failed, blackout killed my router.

Plugged in the Eircom issued router, when service did resume that evening, it was been extremely slow,  router showing connection at 3, 4 sometimes 5 MB. But in reality is well below 2MB most of the time, often way below 1MB.

Leads me to think this is not the uncongested line connection was promised by the sales person and have been paying for. Paying considerably more than was paying my previous vendor.

Due to a death in family have not had a chance to chase this up sooner. But phone has now dropped out during a number of calls which is impacting my work.

Tried the number your sales guy gave us, wrong number, someone else has that number now.

Logged an issue online, wait and see if get a response. Posting here out of curiosity as gave up calling Eircom customer support before left them 8 or 9 years ago, being passed from one person to another and holding at each for 20/30 mins until I'd eventually get to someone who would just hang up, only to start over again.  

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Advertisement