Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting my new tank

Options
  • 25-01-2016 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

So new tank to be installed and some lights fitted to the new tank.

Plans upgrade to 190 liters fit tank similar to old and build into a desk format. Service the filter unit. New layout into new tank, going with sand as the gravel, going to get some plants into this tank, then start to stock the tank based on my current fish levels.

2 tiger barbs
    1 zebra tetra
    3 neon tetras

Will get these groups back up to schooling levels.

Upgrade the heating element. I'm sure there will be odd jobs.

I have never had plants before, could anyone recommended something nice, easy and hardly, that looks nice, I don't want to over do it with plants either.

Also looking at getting some water testing stuff what's test for that type of activity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Sorry everyone, just looking over the thread and for some reason the pictures never uploaded yesterday.

I will try get them posted up later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

java fern is the best starting point for plants imho. I got some clippings from fungun on here 3/4 years ago and I've loads of it now. Can't kill the stuff ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sleepy wrote: »
    java fern is the best starting point for plants imho. I got some clippings from fungun on here 3/4 years ago and I've loads of it now. Can't kill the stuff ime.

Funnily enough I can kill it. I find that crinums are pretty robust, along with anubias. I got something, a crypt of some sort I think, from Fungun several years back and while it's hardly thriving it's clung in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So few pictures

Old tanks setup vs new tank setup

14534067423cf1.jpg

Starting work

IMG_201601d414.jpg

Working along

IMG_2016014d58.jpg

IMG_2016012f62.jpg

IMG_201601ec3b.jpg

Some what completed installation, still have to finish the top part of the desk, thinking of getting some ventalation to stop that mold growing on the wall. I have ordered white sand and stuff, will post pictures of that stuff been fitted.

IMG_201601f938.jpg

Lights are a full strip of different ones from Maplins, if anyone's interested I seen that Lidl will have something similar on offer this week for 39€ I might pick myself up a new set, they look well. Fairly inmpressed with the set up so far.

Also have to service this filter system have the stuff here for that, will again post some photos doing it.

14534120886e76.jpg

Advertisement