Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Toy Quadcopter?

Options
  • 25-01-2016 7:58pm

I've bought a few quads over the last year

Cheerson cx10 - nano quadcopter
    FY326 - mini quad
    Eachine H8 mini - micro quad
    Nihui U807 - sporty mini quad
    Mould King super s - in-between a micro and and mini

the U807 (sporty, good range, good night flyer) and the mould king (cheap, fun, good night flyer due to lights) are my favs overall

nano quadcopters are sort of pointless I think - too jerky to control such a tiny quad indoors unless you have a big big room for anything more than simple movements.

Anybody else bought decent toy quads?

Most available on gearbest or banggood

The jjrc x1 brushless quad for 120 dollars or so looks pretty cool - very fast and it can easily be upgraded to fpv - might be a future purchase.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

My old boards.ie username is gugleguy. Check out the last post in How you learned to fly on this forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hubsan x4
    Predator 8 (a husban X4 clone with 6 axis of flight crap joy pad controller)
    Dromida vista which is pretty nice actually.

Picking a a dji f450 soon

Gatling wrote: »
    Hubsan x4
    Predator 8 (a husban X4 clone with 6 axis of flight crap joy pad controller)
    Dromida vista which is pretty nice actually.

Picking a a dji f450 soon

Nihui u807 pretty similar to the dromida vista. Just a good bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

glasso wrote: »
    Nihui u807 pretty similar to the dromida vista. Just a good bit cheaper.

I'll have a look at that actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    My old boards.ie username is gugleguy. Check out the last post in How you learned to fly on this forum. :)

Would it not be easier for you to find that post and link to it here. Considering, you know, you wrote it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=207451&page=3

...............And it's also easier for me to buy my drones in a bricks and mortar shop. So far I've bought none of mine online.

I am interested to know what "pilot experiences" are to be had with the
    "Dronesquad Pathfinder" on sale for 30 yoyos, in EuroGiant opposite the Square Tallaght.

Also, this YouTube channel of Dutch origin is happy hunting ground!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHryIwy5U6z0ZP2QglsmgMw

Advertisement