Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Tyres???

Options
  • 25-01-2016 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reliable place to get new Tyres for my car!
    New to driving so I'm not sure where to go.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Theres tyre places in every industrial estate around the city so finding one isn't difficult. Everyone has their own preference mainly depending on where abouts your located. I personally swear by R&R Tyres in Ballincollig who I've used plenty of times in the past few years, while my father swears by Banks in Turners Cross who are probley the busiest spot in the City which speaks for itself. The thing about tyres is that getting tyres fitted is a basic enough job for any of the Tyre shops out there, but the bigger and more established spots come up trumps when it comes to having the right sizes in stock or quick ordering networks.

**Serious note though if your new to driving, always look at new tyres. Stay wayyy wide of anyone selling part-worn's or re-moulds. No matter what type of car you drive, from a Micra to a Mercedes, but the thing they all have in common is that the only contact they have with the road is through the tyres. Part Worns are second hand tyres, that while very cheap, are a lethal propisition. Gotta wonder why they came off someone else's car!!!**

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

have been to R&R tyres and agree they are good. if a bit more west in macroom lee valley tyres seem to price match anything i throw at them

CianDon wrote: »
    ........... Banks in Turners Cross ........

100% agree with this, top class outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Guys thank you so much esp. CianDon, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

Augeo wrote: »
    100% agree with this, top class outfit.

Ya me too I use them and I always ring around for prices first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Kind of related question... I have 4 old wheels with tyres I want to get rid of. Anyone know where would take them or if they could be of use to anyone? I don't know what size they are but not all the same AFAIK. Thanks

happyday wrote: »
    ..Anyone know where would take them ...

Pouladuff dismantlers will take them I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Thanks Augeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

I'd agree with R&R Tyres in Ballincollig.
    Always good to deal with and price is good as well

Advertisement