Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Islamic State militants planning for 'large-scale' attacks on Europe

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Nodin wrote: »
    Doesn't exist and is a figment of your imagination.

just like alah, can you show proof of his existence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

old_aussie wrote: »
    just like alah, can you show proof of his existence

Why would I try to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nodin wrote: »
    Have loaded questions ever been proven to do anything other than show the questioners lack of an argument?

Can you name a few groups that have "spread out" as opposed to gathering in certain areas?

I doubt he can, as far as I've always known immigration typically involves people from the same langauge/culture/nationality grouping themselves together. Sure even us Irish are guilty of that, the Irish pub is our equivalent of Chinatown or Little Italy. New immigrants always go to where rent is less expensive and they can be with their own. The generation after them will have gone through the school system and be far more integrated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Muahahaha wrote: »
    New immigrants always go to where rent is less expensive and they can be with their own. The generation after them will have gone through the school system and be far more integrated.

Across Europe it is the second and third generation that are becoming more radicalised and less integrated than their immigrant parents. Anyway, back on topic.
    For the first time, the Islamic State (IS, former ISIS, ISIL) has targeted France’s right-wing National Front (FN) party and its supporters in a statement on the pages of its French-language propaganda magazine.

In the latest issue of Dar al Islam, the jihadists published a photo of an FN rally with the caption “prime targets.”

“The question is no longer whether France will be hit again by attacks like those of November… The only relevant question is the next target and the date,” the text read, as cited by Le Figaro.

A photo of an FN rally with the accompanying quote was tweeted by Romain Caillet, an Islamist expert and historian of global jihadist movements.

https://www.rt.com/news/332282-child-brides-denmark-refugees/

http://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/le-scan/2016/02/08/25001-20160208ARTFIG00086-menace-par-daech-le-fn-reclame-une-protection-au-ministere-de-l-interieur.php?pagination=2#nbcomments

During last December's election, they all said (left and right) that if you vote Front National, you vote for ISIS. I'm still wondering how many people believed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

BigJackC wrote: »
    During last December's election, they all said (left and right) that if you vote Front National, you vote for ISIS. I'm still wondering how many people believed that.

Well it's true, they exploit the anti-foreigner sentiment for recruitment purposes. More alienated young muslims is a gift to them.

Much as I find the Front National a detestable bunch, I really hope they're not attacked. It would be fairly easy for ISIS to do, I imagine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement