Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southeast Radio - Reception

Options
  • 25-01-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone listen to it and how do you find the reception. I'm near the Hyper and the stereo signal is always a bit hit n miss which can be very annoying as I have no option to switch to mono signal.

I've emailed them about it but is anyone else having problems.

Please: No Why would you want to listen to that station remarks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's Wexford radio - you have no right listening to those waves :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

South East Radio's main transmitter is at the RTE (actually 2rn) site on Mount Leinster. The antenna system points towards Wexford and Gorey, so the signal towards Waterford isn't as good.

That's because the station's intended coverage area is County Wexford, so the antenna system was designed to optimise coverage there and minimise elsewhere.

So there is no fault, and the station cannot do anything about the coverage outside Co. Wexford.

South East Radio's main transmitter is at the RTE (actually 2rn) site on Mount Leinster. The antenna system points towards Wexford and Gorey, so the signal towards Waterford isn't as good.

That's because the station's intended coverage area is County Wexford, so the antenna system was designed to optimise coverage there and minimise elsewhere.

So there is no fault, and the station cannot do anything about the coverage outside Co. Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks for that, on the other hand according to wikipedia
    South East Radio is an Irish radio station, broadcasting at: 95.6; 96.2, and 96.4 MHz.[1] Its broadcasts across County Wexford from studios in a 19th Century Georgian-Styled former bank branch, located on Wexford's quay.I][URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"]citation needed[/URL][/I

The station successfully bid against Community Radio Wexford, another pirate radio station for the single available licence.I][URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"]citation needed[/URL][/I. The Station also broadcasts into adjoining counties on the same frequencies such as Wicklow,Carlow,Kilkenny and Waterford.

They should do it properly or not at all:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can't say I have noticed any drop in signal and I listen to it around City & County, I flick between it more so than anything in the car radio.

• Advertisement

Don't mind Wiki, that last para is misleading. Of course the broadcasts overlap into other counties, radio waves don't know where county boundaries are and don't just stop there!

However the transmission network is designed to cover county Wexford. It is not designed to cover elsewhere.

Mount Leinster on 95.6 is designed to cover most of the county, with directional properties I described above. Being a high site it does have overlap.

Forth Mountain, 96.4 fills an area of south Wexford that the range of hills shield from Leinster somewhat.

Aske Hill on 96.2 fills Gorey. There are also very low power fill-ins in Wexford town and New Ross.

No part of their network is specifically designed to c eroutside the county.

Advertisement