Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Rights Do i Have ?

Options
  • 25-01-2016 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I originally left my Laptop in to be fixed i Had an issue with a mark on my screen Which i was told was the the Cable but then turned out to be the Screen and then a day later i had to return the Screen again, as a different Mark came on the New screen

Three months later i have a problem with the screen again and they are saying it is Phyiscal Damage and refuse to fix it and this time i got my laptop back with a White Screen with omitting 8 Beeps which i had to return again
    the owner said its probably just a Loose Connection, but it Wasn't ,
    the Technician Explained to me that it was not Connected Correctly and not put on Right
    I have since made a few enquiries I have since  been advised  the lid probably  isn't supporting the LCD or is warping it,and  time to replace the entire assembly from hinges upwards, Which should have been picked up the first time this was left in for repair which could very easily be causing the Physical Damage 

They have since said they will put in a new screen but i will have to pay for screen without labour

Just intrerested in your opinions, should i hit the Small Claims ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If you're willing to spend the €25 fee it's worth a shot but before you go that route I suggest you give the repair shop one final chance to resolve the problem amicably. The owner may not be aware the technician found the screen was badly fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

is it a dell?

they have beep coding to give a diagnostics of their system. Could be something unrelated like graphics chip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    is it a dell?

they have beep coding to give a diagnostics of their system. Could be something unrelated like graphics chip
    Yes it's a dell but the mark is still on screen when turned off

Can you show a picture of it? unusual a fault would show on screen when powered off

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Can you show a picture of it? unusual a fault would show on screen when powered off

20160127_003417_zpsahqgtnkp.jpg

20160127_003413_zpsjenurz7r.jpg

• Advertisement

I know I cant see it in person but that looks like bleading. Usually caused by impact or preassure. Only thing I would say you might have in your favour is there is no obvious preassure point. Youd usually see a rounder blotch. So if you did go to small claims, I don't know how it works, but I'd imagine it would be difficult for them to say how this happened

How long did you have it before you noticed this? Who does the technician work for?

Straight away

I don't want to name just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

faolteam wrote: »
    Straight away

I don't want to name just yet
    Please don't name the business as it's not relevant to the discussion.
    I think ssmith6287 was asking if the technician worked for the repair shop you're in dispute with or a different party. I took it from your opening post that he is an employee of the repair shop.

he is

Yeah sorry I should have been clearer.... When they said it was installed wrong, was that the previous time or this time? Can you physically see the screen cover warping.. Im not doubting you its just in my own extensive experience building and repairing computers the screen cover is made from an almost rubbery plastic, designed to slightly bend when it gets hot. If the lcd warped I'm guessing the bleed would be alot more central. The fact it took 3 months before you brought it back would probably be enough reason to believe it's physical damage... Let us know how you get on anyway, Like Isaid Ive a lot of experience here and whenever I see bleed im 99% confident theres physical damage... hope you get sorted though

• Advertisement

last October 2015 i had an issue with the screen with Mark on it i then went and got it checked out they thought it was the Cable but they then said it was the screen which was replaced 2nd October 2015 two days later 4th October 2015 screeen has same problem in a different area , left it back in on the 7th October 2015 got it back the 9th October 2015 they apologised three months later Same issue again 9th January 2016 then they say its Physical damage and when i got the laptop back the screen was white omitting 8 beeps the owner said its probably just a Loose Connection, but it Wasn't ,
    the Technician Explained to me that it was not Connected Correctly this was the CABLE NOT THE SCREEN
    I have since made a few enquiries I have since been advised the lid probably isn't supporting the LCD or is warping it,and time to replace the entire assembly from hinges upwards, Which should have been picked up the first time this was left in for repair which could very easily be causing the Physical Damage

there seems to be a silicone resin that goes around cover and seems to be wearing away i showed this in photo from the screen been out twice now

t

Advertisement