Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyEir website - Broadband not appearing?

Options
  • 26-01-2016 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I logged into MyEir for the first time tonight (one year since I started my contract with Eir). I have an issue that needs fixing

There is information about my phone account in MyEir but nothing for my broadband.

I wanted to check my average usage over the past few months or year but this information is not available.

"Broadband
    Sorry but we have no usage information available for your account"

Can someone at Eir get this fixed for me? Happy to PM account details etc., just let me know who to send the information to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I logged into MyEir for the first time tonight (one year since I started my contract with Eir). I have an issue that needs fixing

There is information about my phone account in MyEir but nothing for my broadband.

I wanted to check my average usage over the past few months or year but this information is not available.

"Broadband
    Sorry but we have no usage information available for your account"

Can someone at Eir get this fixed for me? Happy to PM account details etc., just let me know who to send the information to.
    Hi r3nu4l

That's odd - feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will get back to you within 24 hours

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi Al, 

Got your PM but sorry to say that nothing has changes in the last three weeks.
    Can you please check what is going on?

I'm concerned now that somehow while Eir can charge me for broadband and I have 'broadband', that something is up with how my eir phone and broadband accounts are linked. 

As well as the message in the first post, it also says:

Broadband Services

These services are available when you sign up to broadband

Also just noticed this:

Current Products
    Fixed landline
    Residential Line
    Other services
    Caller Display

You can see that Broadband is not listed there...

I have broadband, why is 'MyEir' telling me that services will be available when I sign up?

I had major issues setting up this account with Eir to begin with as I was told a lot of varying things by lots of support staff, one of whom insisted my line was not enabled for broadband, another who said my line was enabled up to 24MBps, someone else promising me 'up to 5 Mbps', another person who told me I hadn't ordered broadband, another member of support staff who told me my line had been tested and had failed a broadband test, yet another person who told me later again that my line had never been tested and finally, someone who eventually got my broadband order sorted for me...

You can see why I don't have much faith in calling the support team but last time I had an issue you were able to help. Can you do so again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Hi Al, 

Got your PM but sorry to say that nothing has changes in the last three weeks.
    Can you please check what is going on?

I'm concerned now that somehow while Eir can charge me for broadband and I have 'broadband', that something is up with how my eir phone and broadband accounts are linked. 

As well as the message in the first post, it also says:

Broadband Services

These services are available when you sign up to broadband

Also just noticed this:

Current Products
    Fixed landline
    Residential Line
    Other services
    Caller Display

You can see that Broadband is not listed there...

I have broadband, why is 'MyEir' telling me that services will be available when I sign up?

I had major issues setting up this account with Eir to begin with as I was told a lot of varying things by lots of support staff, one of whom insisted my line was not enabled for broadband, another who said my line was enabled up to 24MBps, someone else promising me 'up to 5 Mbps', another person who told me I hadn't ordered broadband, another member of support staff who told me my line had been tested and had failed a broadband test, yet another person who told me later again that my line had never been tested and finally, someone who eventually got my broadband order sorted for me...

You can see why I don't have much faith in calling the support team but last time I had an issue you were able to help. Can you do so again?
    Hi r3nu4l

I will request further information from online operations on this issue for you - can you please PM me the email address you have registered to my eir ?

Also, I will respond to your other thread in relation to speeds shortly

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi r3nu4l

I will request further information from online operations on this issue for you - can you please PM me the email address you have registered to my eir ?

Also, I will respond to your other thread in relation to speeds shortly

Thanks
    Al

Hi All. Done, thank you. As I said in my PM, same problem when I downloaded the MyEir app. Nothing in the broadband section.

This is very strange but something I've been suspicious of for a long time as it always seems to take the support team ages to locate information on my broadband when I call them.

Advertisement