Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being relocated against my consent

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Will they pay expenses for the change in location, transport, accommodation, subsistence based on your 2hr commute

Are they obliged to if they were not in the contract the op signed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭screamer

88km takes an hour to drive? really?
    If it's in your contract regarding moving I don't think you have a choice. You might be able to ask about redundancy but at 2 weeks per year of service id rather have a job. Btw I commute 50miles to work and 50 home. Have done for over 14 years. Lots of people do far longer than me and whilst I understand it's a commute you're not currently doing its not a huge distance and you keep your job and years of service......... don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

• davo10 wrote: »
    While I think op does need advice, I really can't see how applying the terms of the contract the op agreed to, and signed, could be considered bullying. From day one the op was made aware that relocation was a possibility. Also, it really isn't your employer's concern where you live when applying for a job, only that you show up for work as per your contract, some employees could live across the road, some might have to drive an hour to work. Maybe the op has answered this already, is the new location 88km from the current location or from where he lives?

I agree the terms of the contract OP signed when OP was looking for employment can not be class as bullying, many employees have sign similar contracts (if you want the job sign the contract if not go look else where) but as OP has explain (I have been working for a company the last 5yrs,& within that time I have been extremely flexible to accommodate the company's needs. I have worked in different branches around the country when needed even without 24hr notice) plus (I honestly feel I don't owe them anything as I have done so much,unpaid overtime,doing jobs Im not ment to be doing under contract,jumping from branch to branch each week & certain issues in the workplace without any help from upper management or hr)

Now five years later (Just of recently I was asked to relocate to another branch,2hr commute from where I live,without the agreement of a pay rise or exspenses to accommodate myself with the travelling I will have to do. It's Non-negotiable. I was given time to think it over,& weighing out my options,(I'd be down money) & also having personal commitments to where I live,I told them no I couldn't do it. Now they are telling me I have no choice in the matter! I feel like I am being pushed & bullied into this & fear that if I don't agree I will be cut down hrs or even fired) in another five years how many more times is OP going to be relocated.

Question OP after five years did you ask about seniority.

Advertisement