Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare officer calling to the house

Options
  • 26-01-2016 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I look after my mother full term and was on Carers benefit for two years that stopped (no notice just didnt appear in my bank account) I applied for the Carers allowance last year and a guy turns up at my house unannounced yesterday (no phone call, mail) guess there is a reason I had an appointment as I was just going out the door so couldnt facilitate him. He is planning on coming round on Thursday morning as it suits me better. Thing is since I have been on benefit things have changed ie my marriage broke up I am not legally separated as it was recent but my ex is living elsewhere so he is out of the house. I guess they need proof which is what my ex can give them we both jointly own the house but he pays mortgage for myself and my Mam as I wouldnt be able to afford it. I have no benefit/income coming in and hoping they will give me my allowance. I have savings which I declared but they are for a nursing home in the future for Mam and my own future. I have lots of outgoings car, taxes, bills, Mam's care. Just wondering if anyone has ever had an officer call to the house re the carers allowance what do they ask and what should I say.

Advertisement