Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Checklist 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Posy wrote: »
    I JUST HEARD AN AD SAYING IT IS OUT THIS SATURDAY!! :D

Omg !!! Pretty sure I screeched so loud only the neighbour hood dogs could hear me hahaha :pac: is it earlier than normal this year or is it just me !?? Not complaining !!

Phase one ... get autumn / winter argos catalogue and look for singular page advertising christmas catalogue coming soon

phase two ... wait impatiently for additional christmas catalogue :D

autumnal

I had way too much fun trying to pronounce this word haha :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

You changed your calendar to December at least weeks ago! (Still too early!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bumblebeef

When I'm a celebrity starts on TV! Or when the brown Thomas window gets decorated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One thing that always makes me feel Christmas is on the way is when the shops start putting out the stands and have offers on all the home baking ingredients for Christmas cakes & puddings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bake Off will be back in early August. I love baking along with it every week while the days get shorter and the weather gets colder. By the time it's over it will be October and the countdown to Christmas will really be on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Added!!

Loughc, would you like to cross the Argos winter catalogue off the list?
    Since you started the checklist, you should be the one to tick off the first thing. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Added!!

Loughc, would you like to cross the Argos winter catalogue off the list?
    Since you started the checklist, you should be the one to tick off the first thing. :)

Done thanks Posy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bumblebeef wrote: »
    When I'm a celebrity starts on TV! Or when the brown Thomas window gets decorated! :D

My OH loves I'm a celebrity, its a guilty pleaseure. She also feels Christmassy when it starts. I use it as a tool to moan about the fact that if the show is on why can't I put up the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Red cups in Starbucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 michelleryan86

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Boots shelves are stacked with 3 for 2 gifts.

Yes love that and when their Christmas gift guide is released!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bake Off will be back in early August. I love baking along with it every week while the days get shorter and the weather gets colder. By the time it's over it will be October and the countdown to Christmas will really be on.

Bake off is back Aug 24th and will have two Christmas specials this year.

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/great-british-bake-off-2016-launch-date-and-plans-for-two-christmas-specials-revealed-a3290391.html

Loughc wrote: »

I know! Another article said it was early August last week, the feckers. :( Can't beat a Christmas special though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Phase one ... get autumn / winter argos catalogue and look for singular page advertising christmas catalogue coming :D

This and last year I've been so disappointed that they didn't include the Christmas page near the back :(
    Anyone else disappointed?

I always feel that August is autumnal, eventhough it's still summer - it's just with retail, it's full of back-to-school and Autumn clothes - it's hard to feel like summer when we're looking forward.
    (I know this forum is all about 'looking forward, but you know what I mean? ;)

Anyway it's not far away now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was very disappointed by the Argos catalogue this year.

In the traditional Irish calendar, August is the autumn and spring starts in February. I like to go by this. :)

I can't wait for the Brown Thomas Christmas shop to open and we can cross it off!!

August is Autumn to me too. :)

BT Christmas shop really needs to hurry up haha. Although it's really feeling more festive this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

To me the 'real' countdown starts on November 2nd(a friend died on Nov 1st a few years back). For the purposes of this thread however my suggestion is the morning after the night before ie the day after halloween.

As I type this I can see the box of my Christmas Tree peeking out at me. I took it down from the attic a few months back to get insulation put in and was not bothered about putting it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

the first contestant for Strictly was announced today..it's getting closer!

kitten_k wrote: »
    the first contestant for Strictly was announced today..it's getting closer!

And ads for xfactor are currently running on tv. It's getting to that time of year :D

Heatons are stocking their toys for the half price sale !! Not a drill people christmas is officially on its way !

• Advertisement

Heatons are stocking their toys for the half price sale !! Not a drill people christmas is officially on its way !

My local Heatons has an 80% off sale on most things has been like that for past few weeks. Must be getting a load of Seasonal stock in this year.

lycan238 wrote: »
    My local Heatons has an 80% off sale on most things has been like that for past few weeks. Must be getting a load of Seasonal stock in this year.

Yea that sale doesn't seem to be ending does it ! I got loads of bits of clothes for winter thinkin it would only be a flash sale haha

Yea that sale doesn't seem to be ending does it ! I got loads of bits of clothes for winter thinkin it would only be a flash sale haha

Everything must go as they say when last item sells sale is over. Most of their clothes don't fit me though and in all fairness I have enough stuff in the house I could start selling it.

Everything must go as they say when last item sells sale is over. Most of their clothes don't fit me though and in all fairness I have enough stuff in the house I could start selling it.

I say to myself and I very nearly considered a clear out of my wardrobe but I discovered vacuum bags ! Best invention ever :p:D they had some great bits for kids in the sale alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

To me the 'real' countdown starts on November 2nd.

In this forum, the countdown starts on St Stephen's Day :D
    The weather the last few days has been a bit wintry. It really won't be long until we cross off those milestones!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't see the Boots Christmas catalogue mentioned? :)

I don't see the Boots Christmas catalogue mentioned? :)

Added to the list now :)

I've updated the list by crossing off BT Christmas store off it.

Controversial one here, First Christmas song on mainstream radio...
    I just flicked on Today FM and they're playing A Spaceman Came Travelling. :D

Yay or nay for crossing it off?

It was part of Cheese or Cracker so I think it was played as a cheesy song first rather than it being specifically Christmassy. I think it should be crossed off when they play the first Christmas song because it's nearly Christmas rather than just a bit of fun in August!

• Advertisement

Agreed :)

Advertisement