Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Backpack, GearBag, Rucksack, whatever you call it

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

goodlad wrote: »
    Yeah i think i know what you mean.
    Although i have the version of the bag that doesnt come with the metal hook straps. Although they can be bought for about a fiver.

The straps that i have are literally just the long Nylon straps with the plastic clip on each end. So they just wrap around the pillion seat and then click into the top of the bag.

So if i remove the bag the 4 straps with clips are just hanging there.
    Couldnt be arsed whipping off the seat to take the straps off every time.

Ah that'd make sense then. Pain in the hoop.

Other difference with the loops on the bike would be that the straps in the one I got go around the subframe of the bike rather than just the seat, so you could put heavier things (I've put a chain in it a few times) without stressing out what's probably a flimsy as **** key mechanism holding the pillion seat on.

Here's mine on, off, and where the straps go when I'm lugging it around: http://imgur.com/a/ydTz9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yeah see that looks dead handy. Just slide the nylon strap into those hooks and pull it tight. Maybe i should just buy those hooks for mine and hang onto it.... haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you don't want to fork our for a Kriega, I've had one of these for a number of years and can't fault it:
    https://www.louis.ie/artikel/moto-detail-travel-backpack/10026241?list=142519586&filter_article_number=10026241

It's showerproof as it is and comes with an overcover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you don't want to fork our for a Kriega, I've had one of these for a number of years and can't fault it:
    https://www.louis.ie/artikel/moto-detail-travel-backpack/10026241?list=142519586&filter_article_number=10026241

It's showerproof as it is and comes with an overcover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

goodlad wrote: »
    It was used about 10 times 6 years ago when i got my first bike.
    I used kept my Almax chain in it when going places. So the internal waterproof mag is filthy from the chain. Otherwise its all grand.

They are 80 quid new so make me a non retarded offer and its yours man

Yeah i think i know what you mean.
    Although i have the version of the bag that doesnt come with the metal hook straps. Although they can be bought for about a fiver.

The straps that i have are literally just the long Nylon straps with the plastic clip on each end. So they just wrap around the pillion seat and then click into the top of the bag.

So if i remove the bag the 4 straps with clips are just hanging there.
    Couldnt be arsed whipping off the seat to take the straps off every time.

Ah no worries,I thought it was brand new.
    I can get one for 67 euro new.

• Advertisement
Advertisement